Restaurant Bans Kids:

In some states, children are banned from places that serve alcohol or allow smoking.

Some places ban cell phones. Let the owner decide.

Exactly.

If you want 100 percednt child-free dining, you should eat only in bars (well, except in Texas and Montana, where children are allowed in bars in some counties).

Where i am of the opinion if you want child friendly dining...go to McDonald or chucky cheese.

Also this is nothing new. Just think... Disney... the bastion of children understands that children should not be allowed in restaurants. I am glad they did this as i hated eating here with kids running around.

snip..from 2008

Beginning this week, children under 10 are no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Victoria & Albert's is Walt Disney World's only restaurant with an AAA five-diamond rating.
Disney World bans kids from fancy restaurant - Travel - News - msnbc.com
I ate there. It wasn't that good.

In some states, children are banned from places that serve alcohol or allow smoking.

Exactly.

If you want 100 percednt child-free dining, you should eat only in bars (well, except in Texas and Montana, where children are allowed in bars in some counties).

Children are allowed in bars in Kansas City, I used to play pool with my friends in high school in one. I personally think its a bad idea for kids to be in bars now though.

Amen hallelujah sister.

You should see me losing control in the car trying to hit behind me. It amuses everyone (but me). I'm dead serious. My flailing usually hurts me worse than anyone, since it's quite easy for the children to dodge the blows. While laughing, the sadists.

That is a whooping done out of anger. I guess I was lucky, I have not had to spank my kids but once or twice in there live.

Yes it certainly is.

I get angry just thinking about it, cuz it generally goes like this...

We are in the car headed for a destination that is naturally several hundred miles away, as we are several hundred miles away from ALL destinations...

I have The Talk with the kids before the trip, carefully map out the experience, make sure they have gone to the bathroom, eaten or been given their snacks to take, their books, their toys, whatever....we talk about how important it is for me to focus on the road, and what constitutes good, responsible behavior on their part.

I receive their solemn vow that they will not throw things, scream, hit, unbuckle, etc.

We get in the car, and about the time we hit 60 mph...I notice things getting louder and louder. I hear objects whizzing, thumpings and thuddings, slappings, and cries....I remind them of our pact....

I look in the mirror and see one child leaning forward towards my seat going "NAAANAAANAAANAAA" as loud as he can, and the other mouthing the words I am saying...

That's it for me, in the ten seconds it takes for me to find a place to pull over I'm hitting wildly and ineffectually. Then I burst into tears, stop the car and refuse to budge until we have complete silence.

Repeat every 30 miles or so until we reach our destination some 300 miles away.

It usually takes us about 18 hours to get there.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why not just offer to pay the one that is the quietest a dollar?

Exactly.

The only place where you could get 100% child free dining would be in night clubs or gentlemans clubs where they serve food.

That is a whooping done out of anger. I guess I was lucky, I have not had to spank my kids but once or twice in there live.

Yes it certainly is.

We are in the car headed for a destination that is naturally several hundred miles away, as we are several hundred miles away from ALL destinations...

I have The Talk with the kids before the trip, carefully map out the experience, make sure they have gone to the bathroom, eaten or been given their snacks to take, their books, their toys, whatever....we talk about how important it is for me to focus on the road, and what constitutes good, responsible behavior on their part.

I receive their solemn vow that they will not throw things, scream, hit, unbuckle, etc.

We get in the car, and about the time we hit 60 mph...I notice things getting louder and louder. I hear objects whizzing, thumpings and thuddings, slappings, and cries....I remind them of our pact....

I look in the mirror and see one child leaning forward towards my seat going "NAAANAAANAAANAAA" as loud as he can, and the other mouthing the words I am saying...

That's it for me, in the ten seconds it takes for me to find a place to pull over I'm hitting wildly and ineffectually. Then I burst into tears, stop the car and refuse to budge until we have complete silence.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why not just offer to pay the one that is the quietest a dollar?

Because they'd just lose it and then eternally claim every single dime they ever found is theirs..

As you can see, I've tried that. They have officially won. I'm just riding out my time until I'm a dried up husk of a human.

Put some baking powder under your pits until you can get to the store Allie!

Here in Indiana, if you allow smoking in a place, nobody under 21 is allowed.

So second hand smoke=no kids.

Or smoke free=kids.

At least there is a choice. (for now)

“Parents have gradually diminished their cooperation,” he said, adding that the new policy is strictly in response to customer complaints.

“This is a three-part issue. One is the increasing number of small babies that can’t be controlled. They can’t be quiet and really they can’t be expected to.”

The second factor is kindergarten-aged kids who “have shown increasingly poor manners.” And lastly he blames parents, who “act like we’re the ones being offensive” when staff members ask them to calm their children down.

Restaurant has heard enough, bans kids - Business - Small business - msnbc.com

I would so eat there.

Amen hallelujah sister.

You should see me losing control in the car trying to hit behind me. It amuses everyone (but me). I'm dead serious. My flailing usually hurts me worse than anyone, since it's quite easy for the children to dodge the blows. While laughing, the sadists.

Yes it certainly is.

I feel your pain. For me, mine knew that if the car was pulled over, then something BAD was going to happen. Confine the beating to the booty, and let them know why its coming and they will learn. But it is hard for kids to stay pit in a car for any length of time. I run the crap out of mine before I would load them up in the car. I also realize how hard it is to ask them to behave on a long car trip so I try and stop around the half way point and stretch them if possible. I was also lucky with my kids. they learn fast and are just mellow to begin with.

Yes it certainly is.

I feel your pain. For me, mine knew that if the car was pulled over, then something BAD was going to happen. Confine the beating to the booty, and let them know why its coming and they will learn. But it is hard for kids to stay pit in a car for any length of time. I run the crap out of mine before I would load them up in the car. I also realize how hard it is to ask them to behave on a long car trip so I try and stop around the half way point and stretch them if possible. I was also lucky with my kids. they learn fast and are just mellow to begin with.

Lol..mine have great muscle memory...they can dodge while continuing to escalate the offensive behavior! It's a gift, really...

I also facilitate strenuous exercise just prior to loading. Before we left the coast, I took them to the dunes, bought them a disc, and they labored up and down sand dunes for some time before departure. Of course, since I had to accompany them for most of the trekking, I was also exhausted...

Good for the restaurant. Let them choose what they will for their place of business.

And, it potentially opens up a whole new realm of commerce by other businesses touting their "family friendly" environment.

Just wait until the pink lungers figure out a way to spread their seed on this kind of business autonomy.

Forum List

Back