Rest in peace Kobe.....but I wish......

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Listen, I'm not trying to pull a Gayle King here, but why is it, the only time black men seem to rally is huge numbers of support from all over the country and beyond is when a rapper dies, or an athlete dies? I'm looking over the mourners in that crowd and there are hundreds upon hundreds of young and old black men paying thier due respects to a another great one that's gone too soon.

But absent are these very men, when its time to mobilize and fight for communities in peril, young randoms shot down in violent confrontations, not only by their own, but by rouge cops. Black lives matter lasted a hot minute because it lacked black male participation, kneeling in protest lasted a hot minute again, due to black men folding in lue of the almighty buck.

I'm proud to see so many black men show their support and respect to Kobe, but I wish that love and respect continue beyond Kobe in the same numbers when it comes to voting and supporting black men and black causes across this country.

May Kobe, his daughter and all victims of that horrible day, may they all rest in peace with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....amen!!

What's a rouge cop?

Is that one who wears too much makeup?"

Oh, I hate that!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Banned
What's a rouge cop?

Okay okay, so my spelling is off, but surely you get the message...and a rouge cop is one that shoots you 6 times while lying on your back with hands up in the air.....

Listen, I'm not trying to pull a Gayle King here, but why is it, the only time black men seem to rally is huge numbers of support from all over the country and beyond is when a rapper dies, or an athlete dies? I'm looking over the mourners in that crowd and there are hundreds upon hundreds of young and old black men paying thier due respects to a another great one that's gone too soon.

But absent are these very men, when its time to mobilize and fight for communities in peril, young randoms shot down in violent confrontations, not only by their own, but by rouge cops. Black lives matter lasted a hot minute because it lacked black male participation, kneeling in protest lasted a hot minute again, due to black men folding in lue of the almighty buck.

I'm proud to see so many black men show their support and respect to Kobe, but I wish that love and respect continue beyond Kobe in the same numbers when it comes to voting and supporting black men and black causes across this country.

May Kobe, his daughter and all victims of that horrible day, may they all rest in peace with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....amen!!
Because black men mostly have no father. They have to look outward for their gender role model and that defaults to athletes and rappers.
Been making this point for the past thirty years after my epiphany working with black kids.

Because, “Black Lives” don’t really matter to blacks, fame and fortune and living a hustler’s lifestyle are the most important thing to black men. Maybe if blacks get their priorities straight, you’ll see some real change.

We have done that. Look at Kaepernick. There are other NFL players who have done so as well. Malcolm Jenkins is another one. None of these movements have ended, but I do agree with you in the fact that more pressure must be applied.

Kobe Bryant raped and sodomized a teenage girl.. I hope he burns in hell

I love racism from either side...........

BTW he was referring to rouge makeup,

noun
a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.
verb
color with rouge.
"her brightly rouged cheeks"

What's a rouge cop?

Okay okay, so my spelling is off, but surely you get the message...and a rouge cop is one that shoots you 6 times while lying on your back with hands up in the air.....

Yeah, I'd say that looks like a rogue cop.

If it all went down likes it appears to have been, the cop should be fired and jailed.

What's a rouge cop?

If it all went down likes it appears to have been, the cop should be fired and jailed.

It did and no the cop did not lose his job....he got the "having a bad day" pass like they all get.

I love racism from either side...........

BTW he was referring to rouge makeup,

noun
a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.
verb
color with rouge.
"her brightly rouged cheeks"
Somebody needs a hobby.....just sayin

You do realize that if Kobe was not on that helicopter none of this "outpouring" of grief would have happened, right?

What's a rouge cop?

It did and no the cop did not lose his job....he got the "having a bad day" pass like they all get.

He wears the uniform. He is protected from the fiefdom likeI constantly type. The police/corrections/judicial fiefdom is one of many. Honor, character and Integrity go to the fiefdom first. Anyone of them that shows Honor, Character and Integrity without the fiefdom is blackballed. To many of them have done nothing but think they are in the old west or unqualified in real terms. The worse part is those like that will mess with other ones in the same fiefdom. Karma is needed for the person involved. On his back, arms up, and then shot.

What's a rouge cop?

thats a horrendous story. Any cop who shoots someone and then says they don't know why they did it, needs to be at the very least fired. Thats a bad cop. I would note however if you read the article he was shot once in the leg because the cop was really aiming at the patient sitting next to him. The rounds were fired from an assault rifle from distance, and not the cop standing over him. And he wasn't shot 6 times like you said. Where did you get that from?
Don't know for sure if this is racism as much as bad training all the way around. I don't understand why cops come in with a swat force when there is a call in over attempted suicide but I did check some stats and North Miami has a crime rate 81% higher than the rest of the country, chances are these cops were very trigger happy to begin with.

Forum List

Back