sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/03/D8CD6EM00.html
Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies at Home
Sep 03 11:17 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died Saturday evening at his home in suburban Virginia, said Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg.

A statement from the spokeswoman said he was surrounded by his three children when he died in Arlington.

"The Chief Justice battled thyroid cancer since being diagnosed last October and continued to perform his dues on the court until a precipitous decline in his health the last couple of days," she said.

Rehnquist was appointed to the Supreme Court as an associate justice in 1971 by President Nixon and took his seat on Jan. 7, 1982. He was elevated to chief justice by President Reagan in 1986.

His death ends a remarkable 33-year Supreme Court career during which Rehnquist oversaw the court's conservative shift, presided over an impeachment trial and helped decide a presidential election.

The death President Bush his second court opening within pour months and sets up what's expected to be an even more bruising Senate confirmation battle than that of John Roberts.

Rehnquist, 80 and ill with cancer, presided over President Clinton's impeachment trial in 1999, helped settle the 2000 presidential election in Bush's favor, and fashioned decisions over the years that diluted the powers of the federal government while strengthening those of the states.

sitarro said:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/03/D8CD6EM00.html
Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies at Home
Sep 03 11:17 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died Saturday evening at his home in suburban Virginia, said Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg.

A statement from the spokeswoman said he was surrounded by his three children when he died in Arlington.

"The Chief Justice battled thyroid cancer since being diagnosed last October and continued to perform his dues on the court until a precipitous decline in his health the last couple of days," she said.

Rehnquist was appointed to the Supreme Court as an associate justice in 1971 by President Nixon and took his seat on Jan. 7, 1982. He was elevated to chief justice by President Reagan in 1986.

His death ends a remarkable 33-year Supreme Court career during which Rehnquist oversaw the court's conservative shift, presided over an impeachment trial and helped decide a presidential election.

The death President Bush his second court opening within pour months and sets up what's expected to be an even more bruising Senate confirmation battle than that of John Roberts.

Rehnquist, 80 and ill with cancer, presided over President Clinton's impeachment trial in 1999, helped settle the 2000 presidential election in Bush's favor, and fashioned decisions over the years that diluted the powers of the federal government while strengthening those of the states.

Wow----there's a whole lot on Americas' plate right now. A real test of our integrity.
Rest in Peace , Judge. You're finally out of this mess. You did well ! :usa:

dilloduck said:
Wow----there's a whole lot on Americas' plate right now. A real test of our integrity.
Rest in Peace , Judge. You're finally out of this mess. You did well ! :usa:

Amazing contrast to what we see in NO, an 80 year old man dying of cancer still going to work until the end, no complaining just action. Great man, great judge of men, he'll be missed.

Well looks like America lost a good man. It's a shame that the good die as well as the evil.

This is going to libs go nuts though.

It's amazing how there are so many libs cheering over his death already. I can't stand it. What the heck is wrong with people that they cheer over the death of a man who served them?

It's amazing how there are so many libs cheering over his death already. I can't stand it. What the heck is wrong with people that they cheer over the death of a man who served them?
Tammy Bruce wrote about how many of her gay activist friends, upon hearing of the impending demise of Ronald Reagan, readied champagne for the occasion so that they could party when the day of his death arrived. That's the Left for you, a fetid swamp of hate that makes the present situation in New Orleans seem pleasant by comparison.

Anyway, Avatar4321, you touched on something else, equally as important. Now Bush has TWO Supreme Court nominees to fight with the Senate over AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Is there any historical precedent?

The storm is that is brewing over this in Washington is going to make Katrina look tame by comparison. Of course, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for my two distinguished senators (Chucky and Hilly Soprano) and their gang of hired guns in the Senate. Thanks to those two goons, we now have two vacancies in the Supreme Court AND LESS THAN ONE MONTH before the beginning of the next session of the court on the first Monday in October! This ought to be very interesting. Thomas and Scalia vs. Ginsberg, Kennedy and Souter..... with that line up, don't be surprised if we get gay marriage, the right to abortion extended to include infants and Lord know what other social ills foisted upon us by the Court!!!!

This might be a good time to consider amending the Constitution. Mark Levin, author of "Men in Black" suggests term limits for Supreme Court justices and giving Congress the power to over ride decisions by the court with a 2/3 majority. Or better yet, for Bush to start impeachment proceedings against any judge that advocates loony things lke using foreign laws and using sorry excuses like "eminations of prenumbras" to justify their decisions.

P.S. If anyone has been looking for a good book to read, may I recommend "Men in Black" by Mark Levin.... it's a good book and definitely an appropriate one for this period of time we're going through!

KarlMarx said:
Tammy Bruce wrote about how many of her gay activist friends, upon hearing of the impending demise of Ronald Reagan, readied champagne for the occasion so that they could party when the day of his death arrived. That's the Left for you, a fetid swamp of hate that makes the present situation in New Orleans seem pleasant by comparison.

Anyway, Avatar4321, you touched on something else, equally as important. Now Bush has TWO Supreme Court nominees to fight with the Senate over AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Is there any historical precedent?

The storm is that is brewing over this in Washington is going to make Katrina look tame by comparison. Of course, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for my two distinguished senators (Chucky and Hilly Soprano) and their gang of hired guns in the Senate. Thanks to those two goons, we now have two vacancies in the Supreme Court AND LESS THAN ONE MONTH before the beginning of the next session of the court on the first Monday in October! This ought to be very interesting. Thomas and Scalia vs. Ginsberg, Kennedy and Souter..... with that line up, don't be surprised if we get gay marriage, the right to abortion extended to include infants and Lord know what other social ills foisted upon us by the Court!!!!

This might be a good time to consider amending the Constitution. Mark Levin, author of "Men in Black" suggests term limits for Supreme Court justices and giving Congress the power to over ride decisions by the court with a 2/3 majority. Or better yet, for Bush to start impeachment proceedings against any judge that advocates loony things lke using foreign laws and using sorry excuses like "eminations of prenumbras" to justify their decisions.

P.S. If anyone has been looking for a good book to read, may I recommend "Men in Black" by Mark Levin.... it's a good book and definitely an appropriate one for this period of time we're going through!

I just heard this on FOX. Weird. My first thought is they are going to go nuts! Then I was ashamed of myself; the poor man just died and all our thoughts and the Senates thoughts need to be directed towards Katrina relief and the WOT.

I'm pretty sure the 'normal' people will keep perspective, though not holding my breath for the politicians.

Karl Marx, I'd like to add Arlen Specter to those Senators that have done a lot to mess things up regarding Judicial appointments.

Kathianne said:
I just heard this on FOX. Weird. My first thought is they are going to go nuts! Then I was ashamed of myself; the poor man just died and all our thoughts and the Senates thoughts need to be directed towards Katrina relief and the WOT.

I'm pretty sure the 'normal' people will keep perspective, though not holding my breath for the politicians.

Karl Marx, I'd like to add Arlen Specter to those Senators that have done a lot to mess things up regarding Judicial appointments.

I'd also like to amend my original choice to include that band of idiots in the Senate that squandered the opportunity to change the Senate rule on cloture votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wonder if the Republicans in the Senate are men or eunuchs.

51 votes should shut down debate NOT 60!

Forum List

Back