Responsibility of legal guardians

Adam's Apple said:
To follow up my previous post, I was discussing the law student's suggestion with a couple of friends last night, and I should not have been so quick to dismiss it as not worthy of further consideration. One of my friends said that if this suggestion was actually implemented, a record would be kept at the state DMV, so it could not be disputed that a record was on file. I personally like this idea of putting your desires regarding life support on the back of a person's driver's license. Makes a lot of sense to me, and it would save people money in legal fees.

They do this in CO but it is not the same as a legal document and if the family objects the organs are not donated. Since the choices are not notarized and are simply added on either verbally or by checkboxes and errors can be made or the DMV employee may get lazy and simply answer for you it seems wise to only use actual legal documentation in cases such as these.

There is also the issue, as Bonnie brought up, of whether you believe there would be as valiant an effort to save your life if they thought they could give your organs to another patient.

Forum List

Back