responsibility--- not Bush's fault

freethought

Rookie
Sep 14, 2008
I was sittin' on the toilet and I concluded that the housing crisis, the bank crisis, the economic crisis, failing school's, massive deficits and Iraq are not Bush's fault, nor for that matter are they the fault of anyone in the administration.

Responsibility for those things lie with the American people. Not all of them, mind you, only about 50 million people.

They aren't my fault because I didn't vote for Bush.

But they are the fault of people who voted for him, and ESPECIALLY the fault of people who were stupid and ignorant enough to vote for him twice.

We constantly hear about demanding our politicians take responsibility for their actions. Well, maybe it's time that "We the people" take responsibility for our votes.

I was sittin' on the toilet and I concluded that the housing crisis, the bank crisis, the economic crisis, failing school's, massive deficits and Iraq are not Bush's fault, nor for that matter are they the fault of anyone in the administration.

Responsibility for those things lie with the American people. Not all of them, mind you, only about 50 million people.

But they are the fault of people who voted for him, and ESPECIALLY the fault of people who were stupid and ignorant enough to vote for him twice.

We constantly hear about demanding our politicians take responsibility for their actions. Well, maybe it's time that "We the people" take responsibility for our votes.

Holly cow, were you constipated, thats alot of toilet thought, nobody should be thinking about all that stressful stuff when on the throne.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

So true, but they won't take responsibility. Hell, they won't even admit that they voted for him when they KNOW they did (umm Ninja perhaps)

It never even came close to crossing my mind to vote for that monkey

Wow! That's some serious "potty pondering"!

Deregulation gave birth to the financial mess we find ourselves in... and Bush had his role in that. But, spread the blame around.

Blame it on greedy lending institutions that gave a mortgage loan on a $500k house to a guy making $12/hr.

Blame it on the guy making $12/hr. who bought a $500k house with no idea how he'd pay for it.

No market (purchasers); no product (loans).

We see the kind of people responsible for the existence of a party like Bush is involved with here on this board every day.

These people are

1. not very bright about issues involving the social sciences

2. Angry about having to pay taxes and convinced they're entirely self made men

3. Shameless liars who take their idiotic talking points from hate mongers.

We see the kind of people responsible for the existence of a party like Bush is involved with here on this board every day.

These people are

1. not very bright about issues involving the social sciences

2. Angry about having to pay taxes and convinced they're entirely self made men

3. Shameless liars who take their idiotic talking points from hate mongers.

Yes remind us again how you don't attack the republicans.

this is not Bush's fault? lol! maybe if our tax dollars went to more useful things like education instead of war. and Bush's out of control spending we might not be in this mess.

I agree there are people buying things they cannot simply afford, but maybe if credit card companies and banks stop allowing people to make large purchases and loans when knowing full well they person living above their means, people wouldn't feel so free buying a $80,000 car when they only make $30,000 a year.

this is not Bush's fault? lol! maybe if our tax dollars went to more useful things like education instead of war. and Bush's out of control spending we might not be in this mess.

I agree there are people buying things they cannot simply afford, but maybe if credit card companies and banks stop allowing people to make large purchases and loans when knowing full well they person living above their means, people wouldn't feel so free buying a $80,000 car when they only make $30,000 a year.

I have been in the finance business for over 12 years and it doesnt matter how much people make they all over extend themselves. I wish I had a dollar for every credit report I have seen where someone was a doctor, lawyer, engineer etc and they have $1000 car payments and all their credit cards are maxed out. Its a problem that all people have.

I have been in the finance business for over 12 years and it doesnt matter how much people make they all over extend themselves. I wish I had a dollar for every credit report I have seen where someone was a doctor, lawyer, engineer etc and they have $1000 car payments and all their credit cards are maxed out. Its a problem that all people have.

I saw a special news report recently that said the leading causes of debt are the use of credit and poor money management. It was truly eye opening. :cool:

I don't think it's the place of businesses or government to teach us right from wrong or how to live with in our means and decide what we can and cannot afford.

I do think it's governments responsibility to regulate big lenders to the extent that they make responsible loans. It's the no money down, variable rate loans that were irresponsible.

But, in my opinion, the greatest fault still is with the borrower.

From Pogo: We have met the enemy and he is us!

Why is it the fault of the people who voted for Bush? A lot of those people are happy with where we are.

I voted for Gore and for Kerry, and I'm pretty content right now.

How about it's the fault of the people who don't vote but sit around and bitch and complain?

I don't think it's the place of businesses or government to teach us right from wrong or how to live with in our means and decide what we can and cannot afford.

I do think it's governments responsibility to regulate big lenders to the extent that they make responsible loans. It's the no money down, variable rate loans that were irresponsible.

But, in my opinion, the greatest fault still is with the borrower.

From Pogo: We have met the enemy and he is us!

I can tell you from experience that I have sold variable rate mortgages to people and wiped out all their collections so they had no bad debt and then pointed them to a credit agency to have the tradelines corrected so they can start building credit. You could get into a Fannie Mae loan with scores as low as 560 if you didnt have a bunch of collections and chargeoffs. It always went in one ear and out the other. I didnt do many purchases so they were mostly refi's and every one of those loans(besides the payoption arm) can be used as a great tool to get your credit back where it needs to be while also getting a much lower interest rate. But you have to want to help yourself and the sad thing is that many subprime people dont ever care to have good credit or fix their credit.

js and plt both make good points. Subprime loans weren't the problem, it's that most subprime borrowers had no intentions of ever paying the loans off in the first place, or that they never had the means to.

jschuck12001 said:
But you have to want to help yourself

Amen. That's how I feel about most government sponsored programs. Sadly, most people who take advantage of these programs don't want to help themselves, so the government has to take care of them while those of us who do want to take care of ourselves pay taxes to support those that don't.

js and plt both make good points. Subprime loans weren't the problem, it's that most subprime borrowers had no intentions of ever paying the loans off in the first place, or that they never had the means to.

Amen. That's how I feel about most government sponsored programs. Sadly, most people who take advantage of these programs don't want to help themselves, so the government has to take care of them while those of us who do want to take care of ourselves pay taxes to support those that don't.

At this point I dont think we have a choice, if we let all these people go to hell its going to set the economy back 10 years if thats not already the case.

At this point I dont think we have a choice, if we let all these people go to hell its going to set the economy back 10 years if thats not already the case.

If we hold their hands then we send the message that it's okay to be irresponsible your entire life because the government will always be there to bail you out, and then people will never know the need to be responsible. We won't set the economy back, but we won't move it forward either.

A little off topic but... welfare is good / welfare fraud is bad.
I can't help but think that if we could somehow rid ourselves of the fraud in the welfare system and entitlement programs, we could make a sizeable dent in the national debt.

Forum List

Back