Response to Bill Nye the intolerant science guy

Oh, you can always tell when you've won an argument with a bible thumper... when they start a verse wall on a post. It's like an octopus with an ink cloud.... The Verse proved my point, there were plants before there was a sun.. which we know didn't happen.

Fossils prove what? How long does it take for a fossil to form? All they prove is that there is an age to the Earth.

And that life changed over time. a very, very, very long time. Which is the opposite of creationism, where it all happened at once and he got it in one.

Did you ever call your bad boss a snake?

No, I usually used much more graphic language implying carnal relations with a parent.

But the bible describes a snake that apparently God condemned to eating dirt by taking away it's legs.. No, really.

You doubted what the Bible said how else can I expose your gross ignorance? You are good at repeating the same old canards but facts seem to be a little bit wanting. Like how do I respond to your dirt eating snake without reference to the source you misquote???? Can't do it so you try and take away the only source that proves what you say to be false thus I suppose you think that makes what you think the Bible says true. Typical liberal attitude.

Last edited:
You doubted what the Bible said how else can I expose your gross ignorance? Your good at repeating the same old canards but facts seem to be a little bit wanting.

what your bible says is really irrelevant... first of all, it isn't *my* bible.. so i wouldbn't believe it anyway.

and that brings us back to the thread.... religion isn't science and no one has to be tolerant of ignorance.

Prop. 13 happened.

i dont buy that......this State has thrown more fucking money into Education then some states budgets.....and it has a Lottery which is supposed to be helping,which of course is bullshit too....more than half the State budget something like 52% is spent on K-12

K-12 education accounts for about 40% of state general fund spending - and California is ranked 35th in terms of per-student spending.

Education spending is such a high percentage of the state general fund because of Prop. 13 - which cut local property taxes (which had previously accounted for a large portion of education funding)

Doc during the 80's and 90's when Cal was doing great Education was still dropping and they were pouring money into the system ...more every year.........it has been proven MONEY is not this States problem with Education.....the economy of this State was great in the 80's and 90's and Money was being poured into the system...and the Lotto came into assistance.... yet every year it seemed the schools had things cut from them and Education was sinking....

More Than 50 Cents Out of Every State Dollar
Goes to Education
In most years, slightly more than half of the state budget supports
public schools and higher education, including community
colleges, the CSU, the UC, and student fi nancial aid.
In 1980-81,
for example, California spent $10.7 billion on education, equal
to 50.5 cents out of every state dollar (Figure 2). In 2010-11, the
state spent an estimated $47.5 billion on education, equal to 51.9
cents out of every state dollar (Figure 3). Specifi cally:
• 39.2 cents out of every dollar – $35.8 billion – supported
elementary and secondary education in 2010-11, up from
35.3 cents out of every dollar – $7.4 billion – in 1980-81.
• 12.7 cents out of every dollar – $11.6 billion – supported
higher education in 2010-11, down from 15.2 cents out of
every dollar – $3.2 billion – in 1980-81.

Oh, you can always tell when you've won an argument with a bible thumper... when they start a verse wall on a post. It's like an octopus with an ink cloud.... The Verse proved my point, there were plants before there was a sun.. which we know didn't happen.

Fossils prove what? How long does it take for a fossil to form? All they prove is that there is an age to the Earth.

And that life changed over time. a very, very, very long time. Which is the opposite of creationism, where it all happened at once and he got it in one.

Did you ever call your bad boss a snake?

No, I usually used much more graphic language implying carnal relations with a parent.

But the bible describes a snake that apparently God condemned to eating dirt by taking away it's legs.. No, really.

If you somehow think that plants came before the sun you've only proven what an imbecile you are, AND that you didn't even bother to read what was posted.

You doubted what the Bible said how else can I expose your gross ignorance?

Well, posting a verse that proves my point doesn't help much... just sayin'

You are good at repeating the same old canards but facts seem to be a little bit wanting. Like how do I respond to your dirt eating snake without reference to the source you misquote????

Again, posting what the bible says, which kind of proves my point about the absurdity of it all, doesn't help your argument.

It was a literal snake, and it was talking. Now, I've never seen a talking snake. Snakes don't talk. They dont have vocal chords. And since the whole of Christianity is based on the fact that Jesus died because Eve listened to a talking snake and ate from a magic tree, to cleanse us from a sin by symbollically eating his flesh and blood, you just can't escape the absurdity of it.

Can't do it so you try and take away the only source that proves what you say to be false thus I suppose you think that makes what you think the Bible says true. Typical liberal attitude.

The bible is so full of absurd stuff that usually, what I've found is that atheists are usually better versed in the bible than believers. Believers only read the parts their pastors and priests tell them to.

If you somehow think that plants came before the sun you've only proven what an imbecile you are, AND that you didn't even bother to read what was posted.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also.

The plants appear before the sun does... Sorry.

in the bible, anyway.

I won't even go into the absurdity that the stars are so far away that it takes years for their light to get here, so therefore, God couldn't have just created them and they could be seen.

Forum List

Back