Responisible Pet Owners

I have always had large dogs..I found out I had cancer, and my dog had cancer ( 2nd time )in the same week last May. She died a week later.... I cried and cried...my family insisted I get another dog right away.
I found my awesome Eloise ( small poodle mix ) in a shelter , she hasn't left my side since. I am training her to be a support dog, she goes everywhere with me.

Also I have never been a cat person...but 4 of them found me..2 are outside and won't come in..2 are inside. All are neutered...lol

Pyewacket lasted till he was 21 years. Really didn't think I was a cat person at the time. The beasties that stick with us are either the most brilliant (I prefer to think of them in that way) or aliens who have not realized our brilliance.

All in all I'm just glad I have mine.

:)

11949458_931235046935379_7240358481699272602_n.jpg Here is Eloise.

I have always had large dogs..I found out I had cancer, and my dog had cancer ( 2nd time )in the same week last May. She died a week later.... I cried and cried...my family insisted I get another dog right away.
I found my awesome Eloise ( small poodle mix ) in a shelter , she hasn't left my side since. I am training her to be a support dog, she goes everywhere with me.

Also I have never been a cat person...but 4 of them found me..2 are outside and won't come in..2 are inside. All are neutered...lol

Pyewacket lasted till he was 21 years. Really didn't think I was a cat person at the time. The beasties that stick with us are either the most brilliant (I prefer to think of them in that way) or aliens who have not realized our brilliance.

All in all I'm just glad I have mine.

:)

I feel they are angels, and know more than we think..They just can't talk about it..lol

I love dogs, last one I had broke my heart. They are like kids, they get away from you, you don't own them, and they have free wills and a character of their own and there isn't much you can do about it. I don't want anymore pets or kids.

I'm trying to figure out how to go into this good night responsibly.

Not ancient. Got a lot of good years left. I'm thinking more and more and this is a big deal how to take on terminally ill pets that have been abandoned and be their sanctuary till death.

I'm going the other way. Why dear heart would you abandon a calling that clearly you loved before. Oh and tell me about pain. When I lost all my catahoulas I thought I would leave all my sanity behind but you work through it.

Takes a couple of years battling it out on a good message board but you do work thru this.

I'm thinking the old. I'm thinking the now. I'm thinking a lot of bucket lists for a lot of old timers. I think I can do it and inspire others to do the same.

Makes me cry how kind of you...Bless your heart...Go for it..

Just time to put to action where the heart leads. I've read some inspiring stories where I've found out on this one website old dogs are just abandoned and the heart bleeds for how the old dogs react to being dumped. And how to take action.

So why not? What's a few old timers around this house to give them loads of love. Raven my young black and tan will keep them going and certainly my cats rule the roost.

A few years back when it was death on death on death holy toledo it seemed we were burying all our babies all the time the last thing I wanted was to take on a dying dog.

But now I realize this time is ours. What one family couldn't handle I realized we could. Make death wait and make every day of living a party for a fur buddy. This will be my spring.

And it feels good.

I love dogs, last one I had broke my heart. They are like kids, they get away from you, you don't own them, and they have free wills and a character of their own and there isn't much you can do about it. I don't want anymore pets or kids.

Not ancient. Got a lot of good years left. I'm thinking more and more and this is a big deal how to take on terminally ill pets that have been abandoned and be their sanctuary till death.

I'm going the other way. Why dear heart would you abandon a calling that clearly you loved before. Oh and tell me about pain. When I lost all my catahoulas I thought I would leave all my sanity behind but you work through it.

Takes a couple of years battling it out on a good message board but you do work thru this.

I'm thinking the old. I'm thinking the now. I'm thinking a lot of bucket lists for a lot of old timers. I think I can do it and inspire others to do the same.

Just time to put to action where the heart leads. I've read some inspiring stories where I've found out on this one website old dogs are just abandoned and the heart bleeds for how the old dogs react to being dumped. And how to take action.

So why not? What's a few old timers around this house to give them loads of love. Raven my young black and tan will keep them going and certainly my cats rule the roost.

A few years back when it was death on death on death holy toledo it seemed we were burying all our babies all the time the last thing I wanted was to take on a dying dog.

But now I realize this time is ours. What one family couldn't handle I realized we could. Make death wait and make every day of living a party for a fur buddy. This will be my spring.

And it feels good.

How can someone just dump their dog when they get old...? What kind of person does that...geezzz I had a dog in my 20's who caused me so much trouble....lol...but I committed to her when I got her as a pup.

Are you going to go to the shelter?

What a doll! Love them dearly. Big dogs for my life but adore the small great ones.

Swizzle was a rescue poodle for me. Apricot. A doll. But a drunk. Oh my god she was so funny. I didn't know this when we rescued her. We're out in the back of our property and my husband had made us a couple of drinks. Willowdale. My husband goes how did you knock over your drink? And of course I went I didn't.

Ruh roh. It's getting hotter and he made me another drink and whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah that tippled too. At this point Swizzle is starting to careen around the yard. Things you learn when you rescue . She could snork a drink in a second. Got her straightened out and to the best home ever in a life.

What a doll! Love them dearly. Big dogs for my life but adore the small great ones.

Swizzle was a rescue poodle for me. Apricot. A doll. But a drunk. Oh my god she was so funny. I didn't know this when we rescued her. We're out in the back of our property and my husband had made us a couple of drinks. Willowdale. My husband goes how did you knock over your drink? And of course I went I didn't.

Ruh roh. It's getting hotter and he made me another drink and whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah that tippled too. At this point Swizzle is starting to careen around the yard. Things you learn when you rescue . She could snork a drink in a second. Got her straightened out and to the best home ever in a life.

What a lush...must have been so funny to watch...

I wish I had a large farm / land and go get all of the dogs in the shelters..

And it feels good.

How can someone just dump their dog when they get old...? What kind of person does that...geezzz I had a dog in my 20's who caused me so much trouble....lol...but I committed to her when I got her as a pup.

We have land out here and believe it or not in a small town like mine I have a post mistress who is gold. She did something a few years back I'm going to nominate her for.

We'd had at the end of our road in Sundown a lady who took all the dump off cats and kittens from our area. We all helped her feed them and take care of them. This is what you do when you are country.

We all donated food and I helped with others the husband make it thru his wifes death but also thru her committment to the cats because he was losing it and we understood that. It was horrible for him and we all tried to help.

She died the same spring I lost Dusty Roads and Bad Ass and our small world sort of went a kilter .We've been talking back and forth now

Long story short we have both agreed on old timers. Trying to figure out how to do it. But trust me. It will be done.

You have no idea. I'm singing Mas Tequila!

By the way me too. Just got a notice of a Tennessee Walker Horse not able to move for two years. Hobbled out in Washington. We do what we can.

And it feels good.

We have land out here and believe it or not in a small town like mine I have a post mistress who is gold. She did something a few years back I'm going to nominate her for.

We'd had at the end of our road in Sundown a lady who took all the dump off cats and kittens from our area. We all helped her feed them and take care of them. This is what you do when you are country.

We all donated food and I helped with others the husband make it thru his wifes death but also thru her committment to the cats because he was losing it and we understood that. It was horrible for him and we all tried to help.

She died the same spring I lost Dusty Roads and Bad Ass and our small world sort of went a kilter .We've been talking back and forth now

Long story short we have both agreed on old timers. Trying to figure out how to do it. But trust me. It will be done.

I am excited to see your dream grow. Please keep us updated..maybe start a blog of your journey.. blog about each one that you rescue..

And it feels good.

Will do. Really committed on this looking at each other and going "going to get better on my watch" Really blessed with good people around me. Just trying to format it.

I am excited to see your dream grow. Please keep us updated..maybe start a blog of your journey.. blog about each one that you rescue..

:past and forward. Joy has rescued so many. I've been the breeder going what the hell you got there now?

We're an odd team for true. Let's see if we can get this to rock. Both of us though really because of personal experiences starting to focus on the unwanted older beasties. Noticed Mark Levin on it too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back