Respect and submission, are they the same?

Michelle Bachmann was asked a question at the debates.............

Garrett Kling Op-Ed: Give Me a Submissive President in 2012 - Op-Ed - Fox Nation

Now......let's look at what Dictionary.com has to say...........

Now...........not for nothing, but if Bachmann has repeatedly stated that a woman is to submit to her husband (according to her beliefs in the Bible), shouldn't we be electing her husband to be president rather than his wife?

I mean..........he's the ultimate "head" of the woman, according to her. Do we really want that in a president?

I dont want my president to have ANYONE I didnt have a chance to vote for telling them what to do.

If she doesnt know the differance between being respectful and Obeying then maybe she wont RESPECT what the American people send her to do.

Then I suppose you were yelling at the top of your lungs when Clinton put Hillary in charge of changing our health care, or MaBell Obama sticking her nose in how our kids are fed in schools? They weren't ELECTED

And when Hillary Stood by Billy boy and his affair with Monica, wasn't she being SUBMISSIVE as you all like to go on about.
what a friggen joke. They WOULD NEVER ask a man that question who was running for President.

All president's wives have gone into doing something for the nation.

Don't forget Nancy Reagan's "just say no" failure, which incidentally, put big government squarely in our homes via our kids.

Barbara Bush did a literacy program for kids.

So?

It frightens me for our country that this ridiculous woman (Bachmann) is even being discussed in a serious manner. She's not quite as scary as Sarah Palin, but she's pretty scary.

cardboard-boxes.jpg

The loser of this contest could beat Obama in 15 months.

Bachmann won't scare me until she's elected.

Until then? She's just a goofy bitch on the television screen.

And she is, indeed, a goofy bitch. :lol:

I don't think she'll ever get elected. But what she might do is get Obama elected.

It frightens me for our country that this ridiculous woman (Bachmann) is even being discussed in a serious manner. She's not quite as scary as Sarah Palin, but she's pretty scary.

For crying out loud, and having a Inexperienced Jr. Senator community organizer as President didn't frighten you.

you have a real problem with women, don't you?

For crying out loud, and having a Inexperienced Jr. Senator community organizer as President didn't frighten you.

you have a real problem with women, don't you?

It's possible to be bothered by both ends of political extremism regardless of race or gender.

And yet, Bachmann has repeatedly stated that wive's must submit to their husbands.

Shit dude.........they've got a wife carry, I wonder if this is the next extreme sport? Think that if Bachmann is elected, she's gonna take a carriage ride as well?

I grew up in a traditional Oneness Pentecostal home. If you know anything about Pentecostals the women are taught to be very submissive to their husbands. My father was not a big influence on my life. My step father was, growing up. I grew up with a mother who believed in submission to her husband. She didn't argue with him much and while they both were very involved in the decision making in the home, if there was a disagreement it was usually my step father that made the final decision on what to do regarding any situation. My grandmother was also Pentecostal (we're from a family of a four generation family of southern Pentecostal and Methodist Holiness preachers and clergy). She taught her daughters to be "obedient" to their husbands. It's an old fashioned way of thinking, but some people still have it.

I feel sorry for Michele Bachmann in this instance that's she's be questioned on this at all. She believes in being submissive to her husband at home, not at work. My mother and my stepfather both worked. My mother didn't call her husband and ask what she should do at the office. Neither will Bachmann. It's simply an attack on people that have traditionalist and fundamentalist faiths. Her choice is to follow her understanding of the scriptures in her home, and quite frankly that's her business.

She answered, "Well it is in my house."

A real slick one that Bachmann.

Respect and submission, are they the same?

No. Respect is what those in submission feel towards their masters.

Like Republican politicians towards CEO's.

Or like the Republican base to rich people.

Because Bachmann has gone on record stating that wives must be submissive to their husbands, the question posed to her as a candidate for president was appropriate. She dodged the answer.

Respect and submission are not the same. In fact, they are polar opposites. Respect is garnered between equals. The only respect a person who must submit to a superior garners would be if she was exceptionally good at being submissive.

Voters have a right to know if she, as president, will submit to her husband's wishes when making presidential decisions. That she refused to answer says volumes.

Oh, for pity's sake. What an absolutely retarded question. As though her job has ANYTHING to do with her marriage. Why do some people automatically assume that OF COURSE men can separate the two, but OF COURSE women can't?

And you can all spare me this New Age, feminist rant about "submission? Ohmigod, how AWFUL! It's like SLAVERY! That's not what respect is about!" It's not your marriage, so it is not - repeat, NOT - your place to define it for the participants. If that's how Michelle and her husband define "marital respect", then mind your own fucking business.

Bachmann prolly lied. Maybe she aint bright enough to know the diff. but I'm thinking she's trying to appease both the teavangelists & swing-voters.

Because Bachmann has gone on record stating that wives must be submissive to their husbands, the question posed to her as a candidate for president was appropriate. She dodged the answer.

Respect and submission are not the same. In fact, they are polar opposites. Respect is garnered between equals. The only respect a person who must submit to a superior garners would be if she was exceptionally good at being submissive.

Voters have a right to know if she, as president, will submit to her husband's wishes when making presidential decisions. That she refused to answer says volumes.

Oh, for pity's sake. What an absolutely retarded question. As though her job has ANYTHING to do with her marriage. Why do some people automatically assume that OF COURSE men can separate the two, but OF COURSE women can't?

And you can all spare me this New Age, feminist rant about "submission? Ohmigod, how AWFUL! It's like SLAVERY! That's not what respect is about!" It's not your marriage, so it is not - repeat, NOT - your place to define it for the participants. If that's how Michelle and her husband define "marital respect", then mind your own fucking business.

BECAUSE leftists are tolerant and loving of any religion, but those religions that openly disagree with their narrow worldview.

Bachmann and most American religious people's view of "submission" is extremely liberal compared to the views of Jamaican women and most Muslim women for that matter.

Yes, people run their homes differently from you. In matter of fact Bachmann has done a pretty good job handling her personal life (that's not to say that I'd consider voting for her, by the way), since her marriage has been long lasting, and she's raised numerous successful children in her home. Whatever she's doing in the home, it's working for her and her family. A load off her shoulders. I don't have an opinion on women being "submissive" or not, BUT I will say the upside of her husband taking the majority of the responsibility in the home is she'll have more time for the US, and NO her husband is not going to be calling the shots. If he's not calling the shots in her congressional career, we have no reason to believe it will effect her presidential career.

You're right Cecilie. It's a non-issue. It's simply attack on people's faith from the "tolerance" crowd.

It's a ridiculous shame.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back