Respect and submission, are they the same?

Because Marcus Bachmann respects his wife,

he's always willing to repeat his instructions to her, and patiently give her ample time to comply.

Michelle Bachmann is a self admitted submissive Tea Bagger

Well, I think we can file this thread away as just another, "I'm a liberal loon who is fully intimadated by women in general, unless they're those I pay to fuck. Particularly attractive women who are far more successful and smarter than I"

Nothin' to see here folks, but another desperate Obambot watching their idol go down the fucking tubes.

Last edited:
Well, I think we can file this thread away as just another, "I'm a liberal loon who is fully intimadated by women in general, unless they're those I pay to fuck. Particularly attractive women who are far more successful and smarter than I"

Nothin' to see here folks, but another desperate Obambot watching their idol go down the fucking tubes.

Having posted on this board for several years, I doubt if either Bachmann or Palin are smarter than most the posters here

It was a "Gotcha Question" and Bachmann proved she can think on her feet. That about it for that.

Last edited:
Michelle Bachmann was asked a question at the debates.............

Out of all the things the President of the United States should be, it would seem absurd to think of that person as submissive. As the most powerful person in the country, the president must exude force, show self-confidence and be aggressive.
But be submissive?

At Thursday’s GOP Presidential debate, many believed Michele Bachmann’s answer regarding the question of submitting to her husband as showing weakness. Many critics questioned her perspective on leadership and authority.
Yet the idea of submission turns out to be central to what the President of the United States must do in order to lead our country.

Bachmann answered by saying submission equals respect. “I respect my husband,” she responded. “He’s a wonderful godly man. We respect each other and we love each other.”
The words respect and love would not be found as synonyms for submission in any thesaurus. Submission is often used as a negative connotation dealing with slavery, abuse or manipulation. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines submission as “an act of submitting to the authority or control of another.”

It appears that submission lacks freedom.

Bachmann’s belief of submission differs from what has been ingrained in today’s culture. How could it be that submission equals respect or even love?

Read more: Garrett Kling Op-Ed: Give Me a Submissive President in 2012 - Op-Ed - Fox Nation

Garrett Kling Op-Ed: Give Me a Submissive President in 2012 - Op-Ed - Fox Nation

Now......let's look at what Dictionary.com has to say...........

re·spect   /rɪˈspɛkt/ Show Spelled[ri-spekt] Show IPA
noun
1. a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in ): to differ in some respect.
2. relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route.
3. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
4. deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.
5. the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.

sub·mit   /səbˈmɪt/ Show Spelled [suhb-mit] Show IPA verb, -mit·ted, -mit·ting.
verb (used with object)
1. to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively).
2. to subject to some kind of treatment or influence.
3. to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application.
4. to state or urge with deference; suggest or propose (usually followed by a clause): I submit that full proof should be required.

Now...........not for nothing, but if Bachmann has repeatedly stated that a woman is to submit to her husband (according to her beliefs in the Bible), shouldn't we be electing her husband to be president rather than his wife?

I mean..........he's the ultimate "head" of the woman, according to her. Do we really want that in a president?

Then you are saying she should not be a Congresswoman? Should she resign?
I thought it was a dumb ass question and many in the audience thought that as well.
If never bothered anyone before why is this an issue now...She has served her people in Congress and they don't seem to mind her relationship with her husband.:cuckoo:

Having posted on this board for several years, I doubt if either Bachmann or Palin are smarter than most the posters here

Wow now you did it....You really hurt my feelings this time......:lol: :lol:

Out of all the things the President of the United States should be, it would seem absurd to think of that person as submissive. As the most powerful person in the country, the president must exude force, show self-confidence and be aggressive.
But be submissive?

At Thursday’s GOP Presidential debate, many believed Michele Bachmann’s answer regarding the question of submitting to her husband as showing weakness. Many critics questioned her perspective on leadership and authority.
Yet the idea of submission turns out to be central to what the President of the United States must do in order to lead our country.

Bachmann answered by saying submission equals respect. “I respect my husband,” she responded. “He’s a wonderful godly man. We respect each other and we love each other.”
The words respect and love would not be found as synonyms for submission in any thesaurus. Submission is often used as a negative connotation dealing with slavery, abuse or manipulation. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines submission as “an act of submitting to the authority or control of another.”

Bachmann’s belief of submission differs from what has been ingrained in today’s culture. How could it be that submission equals respect or even love?

Read more: Garrett Kling Op-Ed: Give Me a Submissive President in 2012 - Op-Ed - Fox Nation

Garrett Kling Op-Ed: Give Me a Submissive President in 2012 - Op-Ed - Fox Nation

noun
1. a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in ): to differ in some respect.
3. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
4. deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.

verb (used with object)
1. to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively).
3. to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application.
4. to state or urge with deference; suggest or propose (usually followed by a clause): I submit that full proof should be required.

Now...........not for nothing, but if Bachmann has repeatedly stated that a woman is to submit to her husband (according to her beliefs in the Bible), shouldn't we be electing her husband to be president rather than his wife?

I mean..........he's the ultimate "head" of the woman, according to her. Do we really want that in a president?

Good post! I hadn't considered the warped view of the place of a woman in marriage that is common among evangelicals as an aspect to her candidacy, but I do now.

In this context, submission does not mean rolling over and doing whatever the husband commands his wife to do. There are caveats that require the husband perform duties to his wife also.

I could post link after link, copy and paste, even from "Bible For Dummies" book that could simplify this for many, but I think I would be wasting my time.

If one truly wants to understand what Bachmann meant, they need to read beyond Ephesians 5:22

Disclaiimer: I am not a bible thumper, or a 'right wing loon'.
However, I do do my research before I post.

Last edited:
Submissiveness to her husband are the least of Bachmanns problems

That's the way I read it. If what she says is true, then it would be her husband calling the shots for her should she be elected President.

Under her interpretation of the Bible, why would we elect any married woman to office? Let's just cut to the chase and elect the husband and send the woman back home.

In this context, submission does not mean rolling over and doing whatever the husband commands his wife to do. There are caveats that require the husband perform duties to his wife also.

I could post link after link, copy and paste, even from "Bible For Dummies" book that could simplify this for many, but I think I would be wasting my time.

If one truly wants to understand what Bachmann meant, they need to read beyond Ephesians 5:22

Disclaiimer: I am not a bible thumper, or a 'right wing loon'.
However, I do do my research before I post.

But Bachmann cited the Bible as the reason she rolled over and did what her husband commanded her to do.

It's not as though her actions are irrelevant here.

Wow now you did it....You really hurt my feelings this time......:lol: :lol:

Do you think you are smarter than Palin or Bachmann?

Respect is what Republicans don't have for education, Middle Class Americans or the President.

Submission?

Well,
fsehorse.jpg

which one is you Dean?.....its gotta be the guy in front.....otherwise you look like a fat chick....

But be submissive?

noun

verb (used with object)

I dont want my president to have ANYONE I didnt have a chance to vote for telling them what to do.

If she doesnt know the differance between being respectful and Obeying then maybe she wont RESPECT what the American people send her to do.

Forum List

Back