Resolution To My Local GOP Regarding "No Confidence" In McCain as a Conservative

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
The Republican Party of xxxxxx, expressing it's overwhelming lack of confidence in John McCain as a representative of conservatives, affirms on this day of xxxxxx to relinquish any and all support towards him.

WHEREAS the Republican Party is founded upon the conservative political philosophy derived from the belief that individuals are endowed not by the government but by the Creator with certain unalienable rights and the belief that the Constitution of the United States of America is designed to guarantee the free exercise of these rights through strictly limiting the power of government whose powers are derived only from the consent of the governed, and

WHEREAS the Principles of Conservatism promote Liberty, Prosperity and Individual Freedom, and

WHEREAS the leading presidential candidate for the Republican Party, Senator John McCain, has consistently demonstrated a record of public service counter to the philosophy and principles of conservatism and the Republican Party. To prove this, let these facts be submitted.

He has fought the Republican Party by strongly opposing President Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He also joined leading liberal senators in offering and voting for amendments designed to undermine the tax cuts.

He has worked with the Democrats to undermine the First Amendment to abridge citizens' free speech in the political process.

He has worked against the Republican Party to expand greatly the power of government in order to combat global warming in ways that would greatly increase energy prices and negatively affect consumers.

He has worked with the Democrats to promote amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants.

He has fought the Republican Party to create the Patient’s Bill of Rights, which allowed the government to impose a set of onerous mandates on insurance coverage.

He has undermined the principles of a free market economy by voting for an amendment that would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to set prices on prescription drugs under Medicare.

He has voted to undermine American Sovereignty by granting consulting rights to Mexico concerning the erection of a southern border fence

He has a consistent pattern of shocking verbal abuse, including screaming profanities, against Senate Republican colleagues who oppose his bills in any way.

He has exercised scandalously poor judgment by intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating in the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s.

He sponsored and voted for a 282% tax increase on cigarettes that also would have increased the size of the federal bureaucracy exponentially.

He supports raising Social Security taxes.

He has undermined the Republican Party and opposed the constitutional duties of the vice president to break a tie on judicial nominations.

He has demonstrated consistent leadership on undermining second amendment rights by his promotion of bills that regulate all sales at gun shows; that force gun-owners to purchase trigger locks making their firearms useless for self-defense; that restrict the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet; and that extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops.

He has voted to use taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos.

He has refused to take immediate and direct action to protect the life of the unborn; he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade; and he opposes a constitutional amendment to protect all human life.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Republican Party of the xxxxxx opposes any effort to promote, support, or endorse Senator John McCain as the Republican nominee, and

RESOLVED that the Republican Party of the xxxxxx will only support candidates who promote the philosophy and principles of conservatism in government, and promote Liberty, Prosperity and Individual Freedom, and whom have consistently demonstrated a record of public service as evidence of their principled beliefs

If any GOP branch can not endorse this, then true conservatism really is dead.

We'll see how mine fairs. I'll be submitting this next week.

True hard-core conservative values left when Reagan left office, and the Moral Majority and the Christian Coalition lost influence. Good riddance to the conservative religious right.

Excellent.

I'm late but finally on the RP bandwagon. Hi, John!

I may PM you in the near future about submitting this to my county GOP.

Before you even ask, go ahead and use it. This needs to go viral.

There are already plans in the works to possibly run this as an ad in some big newspapers around the country, specifically but not limited to states that haven't had a primary yet.

McCain's going down.

I've gotten several PM's asking if this can be used. The answer is YES.

Please, whoever likes this, spread it far and wide. Submit it to your local GOP, and ask others to do the same.

If your local GOP will not endorse this, then it's quite obvious what our future holds for us.

Wait, haven't you insisted your not a Republican?

If you can find any one of my posts where I say that, I'd like to see it.

I'm a small government conservative. The Republican Party most closely represents that ideology, or at least it USED to. That ideology has been SEEMINGLY desicrated by the media over the last 8-10 years...but I believe people don't forget that quickly. I believe that ideology can become alive and well again, and I see no other party capable of harnessing that except the Republican Party. Maybe the Libertarian Party, but there's just not enough nationwide support amongst that party to really make much of an impact.

I'll dump the Republican Party in a SECOND though, once I see it as completely losing it's relevance with regards to conservatism...which definitely seems to be approaching. A McCain presidency would all but assure me that true conservatism has died.

If the Republican Party elects John McCain as president, I'll no longer be a member. The mere fact that the party is even PUSHING him as a candidate, is a disgrace. Matter of fact, if John McCain is elected president, I may very well be moving out of the US.

As for right now, my voter registration says "Republican".

If anyone wants, here are the slightly revised PDF versions of this resolution, including all pertinent GOP contact info.

One is an individual personal resolution that you can spread, and the other is aimed towards your GOP.

Individual

GOP

You can always add your own introduction.

Excellent.

I'm late but finally on the RP bandwagon. Hi, John!

I may PM you in the near future about submitting this to my county GOP.

Milwaukee, WI GOP just endorsed this.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/genera_patrick__080209_milwaukee_gop_to_vot.htm

According to a draft copy I have received, the Republican Party of Milwaukee County is penning a resolution to oppose Senator John McCain as the GOP nominee for President of the United States. The resolution will be proposed during their meeting on Monday, February 11, 2008.

The resolution includes a long list of grievances against McCain, including his past efforts towards illegal immigration, campaign finance reform, and tax increases. McCain has long been rejected by the Republican base and his success on Super Tuesday has apparently stirred that base into action. It is to be expected that once a front-runner has clearly emerged, the party base will rally; though normally they rally for their candidate, not against.

What may prove even more interesting is that the resolution is being penned by one of Milwaukee’s leading supporters of Ron Paul. With Romney stepping aside and clear disdain for McCain, will Republicans finally see Ron Paul as the only true conservative in this race?

One can only assume that the Milwaukee GOP is not alone in taking this action. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for the media-anointed nominee John McCain. The question remains however, will it prove the beginning for the true conservative nominee Ron Paul? Only time will tell as Wisconsinites prepare for their own primary on February 19.

Forum List

Back