Resigning my defense of Islam

Depends how you look at it, our christian army is responsible for killing a lot more "infidels" than a muslim army is responsible for killing our "infidels."

It just depends on how the culture justifies or rationalizes killing. We rationalize it as a military act so the hundreds of thousands of civilians we kill is inconsequential, they rationalize it as their god given duty when they kill so it's inconsequential. Both are disgusting and immoral to me.

Our Army is not Christian. Other than that, you are a complete idiot.

Rather than cutting and pasting what I've already said I'll type new words.

The overwhelming majority of our army is christian. If that wording sounds better to you than calling it a christian army so be it.

That is irrelevant, the Army is not Christian. The fact that you do not understand the difference indicates how unqualified you are to discuss the subject at all.

Our Army is not Christian. Other than that, you are a complete idiot.

The overwhelming majority of our army is christian. If that wording sounds better to you than calling it a christian army so be it.

The majority of America is Christians so of course the Military will reflect that.

The Army is actually less Christian, by percentage, than the US population.

The majority of America is Christians so of course the Military will reflect that.

Exactly..............

So it's a group of christian fighters vs a group of muslim fighters, that's my point. Whether one side does or doesn't fight for religious reasons it's still people from one religion fighting against ones from another.

Plus the majority of both sides believe everyone on the other side is automatically going to hell, that can be a strong motivator also when you aren't worried about killing someone who will be in heaven.

Actually, what you have is a group that happens to be Christian fighting a group that believes their religion tells them to kill. One group is fighting because they are ordered to do so by their country, the other because they are ordered to do so by their religion.

think about it and come back when you understand the differences.

I apologize for the wording, let me say the exact same message to better fit the words you're looking for.

The Bible says to kill people who engage in gay activities, the Bible says to kill non-believers, it's your duty to kill them even if they're in your family.

(I dunno why I did that, I'm sure those words will just be picked at as well.)

the bible just says not to practice homosexuality. there is nothing saying to kill gays. in fact, i don't believe that jesus mentions gays at all. he does, however, say to care for the poor over and over again.

as far as jews purportedly killing non-believers, that isn't a part of jewish culture and had specifically to do with tribal warfare during bibilical times.

there is only one religion that talks about killing infidels.

Not to harp on the specifics.

there's only one religion that actually kills infidels.

i was trying to be nice.

Exactly..............

So it's a group of christian fighters vs a group of muslim fighters, that's my point. Whether one side does or doesn't fight for religious reasons it's still people from one religion fighting against ones from another.

Plus the majority of both sides believe everyone on the other side is automatically going to hell, that can be a strong motivator also when you aren't worried about killing someone who will be in heaven.

Actually, what you have is a group that happens to be Christian fighting a group that believes their religion tells them to kill. One group is fighting because they are ordered to do so by their country, the other because they are ordered to do so by their religion.

I 100% understand the difference in the way you're reading it, which isn't the way I'm saying it and I'm sure you're quite clear that I'm not, you're just picking at the wording so you don't have to address the message.

The majority of the people doing the fighting on behalf of the US government are christians, the majority of people doing the fighting on behalf of these militant groups are muslims. 3 pages in I have to find a way to type the exact same message with different words, now that's advancing the debate.................................

Actually they're most likely ordered by someone in higher command, same as US soldiers, they're just given a different excuse for killing. If a US soldier is dying in battle he probably thinks he's going to heaven, same as a muslim fighter.

I 100% understand the difference in the way you're reading it, which isn't the way I'm saying it and I'm sure you're quite clear that I'm not, you're just picking at the wording so you don't have to address the message.

Not so. You don't understand the difference as it is antithetical to your post. Some American soldiers volunteer for that reason indeed.

The Government is not looking for that reason, as long as they fight for America.

See? Major Nidal Hassan? Had he been a Muslim willing to fight for America rather than join and kill Americans, he would have been fine.

America would not have cared. However, when Major Hasan decided to forgo his oath and murder innocent Americans whilst yelling Alahu Ackbar.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkta8KbAmt4"]Fort Hood Victim Tells CNN: Hasan Yelled "Allahu Akbar" [/ame]

So the difference is clear and you are clearly unseeing.

After investigating which of the 79 countries in the United Nations voted for the right to execute gays without cause, and seeing most of them are Muslim majority nations, I will no longer defend Islam as peaceful.

I do support the right of every American to practice their religion freely, including Muslims.

I've had good experiences with American Sufis, and enjoy Sufi poetry, but I have no problem admitting my stubbornness of clinging to these has blinded me to the dangers of Islamic law.

I was wrong. That doesn't mean I hate Muslims or feel as though there is nothing of value in Islamic spiritual practices.

you got thanked by a bunch of social cons who wish they could get gays executed here, but they liked your post b/c you ripped on islam

That's an insane extension. You attempt to make this about conservative vs liberals.

That's a simple fail to the OP.

Exactly..............

The majority of the people doing the fighting on behalf of the US government are christians, the majority of people doing the fighting on behalf of these militant groups are muslims. 3 pages in I have to find a way to type the exact same message with different words, now that's advancing the debate.................................

Actually they're most likely ordered by someone in higher command, same as US soldiers, they're just given a different excuse for killing. If a US soldier is dying in battle he probably thinks he's going to heaven, same as a muslim fighter.

There is a difference between a Christian army and an army composed of Christians, just like there is a difference between a Muslim army and an army composed of Mulims. We do not have a Christian Army. Period. The problem here is that you started with a false premise, and you have flailed around in an attempt not to admit you were wrong. If you simply admitted that way back when it was pointed out to you you would not have had to spend pages in an attempt to defend an indefensible position.

Just saying.

Putting any religion in government and going by the texts is going to bring about evil.

If we went by Biblical law we too would be in favor of executing gays, and anyone who wasn't christian (at a minimum).

Combine religion and lack of money into a culture and this is what you get more often than not.

I agree. If the minority group of Christian dominionists were to have their way, America would be a Christian nation by their standards. That would most likely result in the recriminalization of homosexuality and could eventually lead to the execution of gays. That is, if we look to the example of the Christian extremist Church in Las Vegas who supported gay execution in Uganda.

I am opposed to theocracy of any kind, including Buddhist.

:iagree:

Our resident experts on Islam should be along shortly to give you links to all of the best propaganda websites. :smoke:

That would be you Kalam. You post "fatwah's" as if they were Islamic law when they are nothin but opinions. :clap2: You are the forum's very own Leni Riefenstahl. Maybe you can get a job with Michael Moore?

On his Fox News show, Glenn Beck gave a platform to retired Lt. Gen. William G. "Jerry" Boykin to claim that an Islamic republic would emerge in Egypt. Boykin has been censured by the Pentagon for comparing U.S. counterterrorism efforts to a holy war.

General Boykin has likened the battle against Islamic militants to a Christian struggle against Satan and said at evangelical gatherings that a militant Muslim militia leader in Somalia worshiped an ''idol'' and not ''a real God.'' [The New York Times, 10/20/03]
Beck Hosts William Boykin, Who Likened War On Terrorism To Holy War | Media Matters for America

But SkyDancer

Isn't what you posted "proof" that Boykin is Boinkers??

I like Glenn Beck. People think he is nuts--and sometimes he is.
But Glenn Beck is also the gateway to Nutterville!

When Glenn Beck says "Watch Out", I look up to see what fruitcake he has on today!

There is a difference between a Christian army and an army composed of Christians, just like there is a difference between a Muslim army and an army composed of Mulims. We do not have a Christian Army. Period. The problem here is that you started with a false premise, and you have flailed around in an attempt not to admit you were wrong. If you simply admitted that way back when it was pointed out to you you would not have had to spend pages in an attempt to defend an indefensible position.

Just saying.

I'm not apologizing for you reading into something wrong. Of course christianity isn't the "national religion" fo the army and of course I wasn't trying to say that. You're just picking at wording.

I stand by every word I've said on this thread.

After investigating which of the 79 countries in the United Nations voted for the right to execute gays without cause, and seeing most of them are Muslim majority nations, I will no longer defend Islam as peaceful.

I do support the right of every American to practice their religion freely, including Muslims.

I've had good experiences with American Sufis, and enjoy Sufi poetry, but I have no problem admitting my stubbornness of clinging to these has blinded me to the dangers of Islamic law.

I was wrong. That doesn't mean I hate Muslims or feel as though there is nothing of value in Islamic spiritual practices.

Brilliant, Sky. If you'd done this years ago when everybody was telling you this, think of the strife you would have saved yourself.

Maybe you should do this consistently across the board with all your crazy, extremist and exceedingly ignorant beliefs. Start with researching what freedom of religion means.

Brilliant, Sky. If you'd done this years ago when everybody was telling you this, think of the strife you would have saved yourself.

Maybe you should do this consistently across the board with all your crazy, extremist and exceedingly ignorant beliefs. Start with researching what freedom of religion means.

Maybe you could get a handle on your personal problem with me and use of hostile insults. Start researching what courteous debate means.

Since you don't like me or my posts, why not ignore them and be peaceful?

Last edited:
I don't bother with courtesy when it comes to exposing brain dead progressives, thanks. I like calling a spade a flipping you know what.

Maybe you could get a handle on your personal problem with me and use of hostile insults. Start researching what courteous debate means.

Lol, did you post that before or after the neg rep, hypocrite?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

Lol, did you post that before or after the neg rep, hypocrite?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

I give neg rep for one thing only. That's for unnecessary insults. I don't care what your view is, it's how you deliver it that either furthers the debate or shuts it down that makes a difference to me.

I notice you retaliated with a neg rep. Who's the hypocrite?

Last edited:
I don't bother with courtesy when it comes to exposing brain dead progressives, thanks. I like calling a spade a flipping you know what.

That's too bad. I don't call conservatives names even when we disagree. All I can do is state what works for me and what doesn't.

If you want to continue to discuss the topic with people who have views different from you, I think it is wise to avoid name calling. But that's just me.

If you insist on being hostile and nasty, it's your choice. I will stop posting answers to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back