reshoring is new hot thing

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Factories begin to shift back to US - FT.com

Two-thirds of big US manufacturers have moved factories in the past two years, with the most popular destination being the US, according to a survey being released on Monday by Accenture, the consultants.

The report provides some of the first industry-wide empirical evidence of “reshoring,” the trend of jobs once outsourced to low-cost emerging economies being brought back to the US.

Although the subject has received much attention, with General Electric the most high-profile example, most of the evidence so far has been isolated and anecdotal.

President Barack Obama has proposed tax incentives for companies that move their overseas operations back to the US and tax penalties for those that do not.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Is the fact that businesses coming back to the US really that uninteresting to folks here.

wow I thought it was all about the economy now?

• Banned
This is really good news for all of us.

This means they not only will create more US jobs but these Cos want to be closer to the customer which means they see a heating up of demand coming.

win win win.

Maybe not politically for the right but in their real lives.

• Banned
tis bad form to ignore good news because your a partisan hack

poor poor cons

It is good news, for everybody as you say. Too bad you couldn't keep your ideological view out of it, you do realize you're trying to pick a fight here. Makes it hard to have an intellectual conversation with you.

As far as the reshoring goes, the more the better IMHO. But I dislike the idea of picking winners and losers by favoring companies who return here over those who don't. We should be making it more competitive for every business to come here and start up a business or reshore one. If it was me, I'd stop trying to tax earnings from overseas ops like every other major economy does. Instead, make the USA a better place to invest in, and those companies will bring their money back here without being forced to. Instant stimulus, within a year of implementation I bet our GDP would increase significantly and more jobs would be created, and it wouldn't cost us a dime.

Last edited:
why did you IGNORE this post until you found a way to jab at me?

Because you dont care about this country you only care about your party

If Obama is SOOOOOO BAAAAAD.

then why are these cos coming back to the US?

gee I thought this elelction was declaired to be all about the economy ?

Now its about post count?

Two-thirds of big US manufacturers have moved factories in the past two years, with the most popular destination being the US, according to a survey being released on Monday by Accenture, the consultants.

The report provides some of the first industry-wide empirical evidence of “reshoring,” the trend of jobs once outsourced to low-cost emerging economies being brought back to the US.

Although the subject has received much attention, with General Electric the most high-profile example, most of the evidence so far has been isolated and anecdotal.

President Barack Obama has proposed tax incentives for companies that move their overseas operations back to the US and tax penalties for those that do not.

EXPLAIN how this fact fits into your idiotic meme that Obama is bad for US cos?

EXPLAIN how this fact fits into your idiotic meme that Obama is bad for US cos?

TruthNeverMatters calls herself out again. :lmao:

Priceless!!!!!

note you have no rational answer to these facts.

just more "your a poopy pants" defense.

Your poopy pants wont win you any elections

Forum List

Back