Reshaping US aid to the Palestinians

Could you do one iota of research on it?

Who is responsible for those patients?

From the article :

"The PA continues to pay an estimated $10 million each month to terrorists in Israeli prisons and a further $15 million a month to the families of terrorists who have carried out attacks against Israelis. The PA has refused to consider stopping the payments to terrorists in order to divert funds to other places, like the Augusta Victoria Hospital."
----------
Very possibly, as in the case below.....Israel takes care of them...

PA to again allow Gazan patients to be treated in Israeli hospitals

From the article :

"The PA continues to pay an estimated $10 million each month to terrorists in Israeli prisons and a further $15 million a month to the families of terrorists who have carried out attacks against Israelis. The PA has refused to consider stopping the payments to terrorists in order to divert funds to other places, like the Augusta Victoria Hospital."
----------

I do research. So stuff it please.

And Israel can not fund it herself?

Hey. If you want to say that Israel is responsible for every single Israeli in the world and every single Jewish person, I have no beef with that.

But the equivalent would be that Palestine is responsible for every single Palestinian Arab in perpetuity. Bye-bye UNWRA.

But if your point is that aide for refugees should fall solely on the host countries I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

What standard did you want to make a single standard here?

You are talking about Immigrating to Israel from countries where they face persecution, not refugees. We are responsible for immigrants to our country. Shouldn’t Israel be?

You pointed out a number of times that Palestine should fund its own programs rather than get aid. Shouldn’t the same apply to Israel?
Are you an idiot?
The US takes in very few refugees.
Israel is expected, by you and other nut cases, to takes in millions and commit national suicide.
And why aren’t you expecting the rest of the Arab nations to take in refugees?

From the article :

----------

I do research. So stuff it please.
Where’s your research?

Hey. If you want to say that Israel is responsible for every single Israeli in the world and every single Jewish person, I have no beef with that.

But the equivalent would be that Palestine is responsible for every single Palestinian Arab in perpetuity. Bye-bye UNWRA.

But if your point is that aide for refugees should fall solely on the host countries I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

You are talking about Immigrating to Israel from countries where they face persecution, not refugees. We are responsible for immigrants to our country. Shouldn’t Israel be?

You pointed out a number of times that Palestine should fund its own programs rather than get aid. Shouldn’t the same apply to Israel?
Are you an idiot?
Israel is expected, by you and other nut cases, to takes in millions and commit national suicide.

It might behoove you to actually read the discussion before opening your mouth and proving you haven’t. What you just said has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Are you an idiot?

It might behoove you to actually read the discussion before opening your mouth and proving you haven’t. What you just said has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
I have been and all I see is your bleeding heart bullshit.
Not one Arab organization is spending money on Gaza or the West Bank population except to meet their bare mininum needs.
It’s not the Jews responsibility to babysit people that no one else wants.
There are territory conflicts all over the African continent, the Arab world and the Balkans that go back to WWI and all anybody wants to discuss is how to spend Jewish money.

Are you an idiot?

Not one Arab organization is spending money on Gaza or the West Bank population except to meet their bare mininum needs.
There are territory conflicts all over the African continent, the Arab world and the Balkans that go back to WWI and all anybody wants to discuss is how to spend Jewish money.

I don’t think you have read the right thread. No one is talking about spending Jewish money.

Like all other countries, they receive the care which is provided by their own governments in their own territory. Why is that a problem?
Many countries receive aid to assist them. Why is that a problem?

The two problems we have already identified: lack of a viable economy and misallocation of funds.

What SHOULD be done in those cases?

Like all other countries, they receive the care which is provided by their own governments in their own territory. Why is that a problem?

The two problems we have already identified: lack of a viable economy and misallocation of funds.

It is 1230 am and I am too tired ... I would have to think on what should be done, but a total cut in all aid, even to programs that are working well is not the answer.

Are you an idiot?

I don’t think you have read the right thread. No one is talking about spending Jewish money.
You are discussing who, including the US, is responsible for the displaced bomb makers.
The fact is Israel supplies them with water,
Electricty and health care.
I say screw them; it’s been 50 years and everyone of their leaders has simply pilfered all the money given them by the US.
The US has made an investment in the Arab world in general that has had zero returns.

You are talking about Immigrating to Israel from countries where they face persecution, not refugees.

That is the definition of a refugee. A person outside their country of nationality and unable to return and avail themselves of their nationality because of persecution.

It is 1230 am and I am too tired ... I would have to think on what should be done, but a total cut in all aid, even to programs that are working well is not the answer.

Have a good rest. We'll chat more tomorrow.

You are talking about Immigrating to Israel from countries where they face persecution, not refugees.

That is the definition of a refugee. A person outside their country of nationality and unable to return and avail themselves of their nationality because of persecution.
Except that isn’t entirely what is being funded. Here it is again:

Migration & Refugee Assistance
Since 1973, Israel has received grants from the State Department's Migration and Refugee Assistance account (MRA)67 to assist in the resettlement of migrants to Israel. Funds are paid to the United Israel Appeal, a private philanthropic organization in the United States, which in turn transfers the funds to the Jewish Agency for Israel.68 Between 1973 and 1991, the United States gave about $460 million for resettling Jewish refugees in Israel. Annual amounts have varied from a low of $12 million to a high of $80 million, based at least partly on the number of Jews leaving the former Soviet Union and other areas for Israel.

Except that isn’t entirely what is being funded. Here it is again:

Migration & Refugee Assistance
Since 1973, Israel has received grants from the State Department's Migration and Refugee Assistance account (MRA)67 to assist in the resettlement of migrants to Israel. Funds are paid to the United Israel Appeal, a private philanthropic organization in the United States, which in turn transfers the funds to the Jewish Agency for Israel.68 Between 1973 and 1991, the United States gave about $460 million for resettling Jewish refugees in Israel. Annual amounts have varied from a low of $12 million to a high of $80 million, based at least partly on the number of Jews leaving the former Soviet Union and other areas for Israel.

Everything I can find so far says that the funds are specifically earmarked for "refugees resettling in Israel".

Last edited:
The problem with this whole thread is that, once again, someone else is supposed to be responsible for the Palestinian people.

That has to stop happening. Whether the Palestinian people take care of themselves on a small territory or a larger territory or even on the whole territory, ultimately it has to be them taking care of themselves.

The conflict simply can't end until they do. Until they love their children more than they want to kill ours.

RE: Reshaping US aid to the Palestinians
※→ Coyote, et al,

In the case of in which America is the Ally of Israel, and Israel in return is an ally of America, the issue of honesty is important because it creates a relationship of mutual trust.

“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.”e
............................................................................................Leo Tolstoy
Does that mean you support the ally no matter what they do?
(COMMENT)

Of course not. BUT, it does mean that America must look at the issues from the perspective of the ally (Israel); and not be confused by trying to think like the Arab Palestinians or appreciate the enemy perspective.

The Tolstoy quote is informing on both sides.
(COMMENT)

The Israelis are of the western style of democracy. America has a rich history that has grown to recognize the necessity to protects minority rights [one Jewish State (pop ≈ 8M people) surrounded by four Arab League Members (pop ≈ 144M people)] by ensuring that there is equal participation in various democratic processes. The minority is represented in various branches of governance. Much of American support is in the form of international political weight, while the other major area requires America ensures Israel has a Qualitative Military Edge (QME) with a capacity strong enough to adequately defending themselves.

Much has been made of American munitions used by the Israelis. Yes, it is true that America is a doorway to that QME.

America provides political support against the majority of nations that attempt to use the color of law against the minority that seek refuge in the Jewish National Home. America has learned (and is still learning) the folly of using pretense or appearance of right against the survivability of the minority.

Most people do not realize that Israel only Ranks 88th (out of 155) nations in terms of its force size. That laces it right below Switzerland (IS 3.6M vs CH 3.615M). Egypt Ranks 14th (42M), Jordan Ranks 93d (3.3M), Syria Ranks 49th (11.6M) and Ranks 108th at (2.2M). That does not include the other 18 Arab Leagu Members or the theocratic Republic of Iran Ranked 13th (47M). The QME is critical in fending of the threats of not so friendly nations.​

Why should we not be an honest broker? When we are not, the results are seldom enduring. You can’t have true and lasting peace if it is one-sided.
(COMMENT)

It is one-sided (unquestionably), and America had nothing to do with the morality of that outcome.

In the eyes of the Arab Palestinians, America will never be an impartial mediator so long as it supports Israel. And in the light of that argument, and in the interest of transparency, America SHOULD recuse itself as having a conflict of interest (Ally to Israel) and lack of impartiality (Honesty support for Israel). This is no different (only with the opposite orientation) than the position held by a majority of the Arab League and the Russian Federation. And this is no different when America stood alone against the other 14 Members of the Security Council opposing Resolution S/RES/2334 (2016).

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back