Rescuing Tortured Children From The Lord's Resistance Army

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
The LRA is a perfect candidate for live-fire special ops training.

It wouldn't any tragedy for us or Uganda if the Army Rangers showed up in N. Uganda and started training and then going out on missions with Ugandan soliders to track the LRA leaders down.

http://platform.blogs.com/passionofthepresent/2005/08/rescuing_tortur.html

Rescuing Tortured Children from the LRA
A new feature from CBN...

Children in southern Sudan and northern Uganda are living with horrors that few in the Western world can even imagine.

They are the targets of the Lord's Resistance Army, or LRA - a lawless band of rebels that use abduction, torture, and mutilation to terrorize the population.

Sunset comes in Northern Uganda. The Jaska children, living in a village near the city of Gulu, bid their mother, Amono, farewell.

It is a nightly routine - carrying blankets, pillows and bedrolls, and walking several miles to urban shelters where they bunk down until sunrise.

They conclude their day playing games and finishing up homework assignments. After bathing, it is lights out.

Tens of thousands of children in northern Uganda and south Sudan, known as the night commuters, repeat this routine every evening. Some have done so for more than two or three years.

Why do they do it? They fear a man named Joseph Kony and his cult-like band of terrorists known as the LRA.

For more than 15 years, Kony and his militiamen have terrorized the people of this East Africa region - raping, murdering, mutilating, and abducting innocent people.

One woman saw her husband hacked to death during an attack on her village. Sophia Apiro was disfigured when an LRA soldier cut off her lips and ears with a razor blade.

Sophia said, "I prayed, ‘Jesus come and help me.’ A spirit of peace surrounded me and I felt Jesus saying, ‘You will not die. You will live so that you may look after your children.’"
more @ link

NATO AIR said:
The LRA is a perfect candidate for live-fire special ops training.

It wouldn't any tragedy for us or Uganda if the Army Rangers showed up in N. Uganda and started training and then going out on missions with Ugandan soliders to track the LRA leaders down.

Al Sharpton----now HERE are some people that need you to go pray with them you greasy political bimbo. GO! :fu2:

Forum List

Back