Reputations

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I've been getting a ton of PM's and emails asking about the reputations and rep power, so I figured I would put a brief explanation here.

When you read another members post, you can add or subtract from their reputation and leave comments. You just need to click on the 'scales of justice' to the upper right of their post. You then click on either 'approve' or 'disapprove' and leave your comments. Depending on your rep power, the other members reputation will either increase or decrease.

The default rep power is 10. All users are limited to 20 reputation clicks in any 24 hour period. The default is to grant reputations to 20 users before you can click on the same person again. I have just reduced that to 5. This means after you leave a rep for someone, you cannot do so for that same person again until you gave reps to 5 other members.

You will receive a 'title' based on your reputation. You can read a users title by letting your mouse hover over the users green/red squares. These titles can be changed, and will once I have more time. The titles in place now are default from vBulletin.

And yes, the display of the users rep points and power is new. I altered some code yesterday to have everyones displayed for all to see.

-Jim

so, how many points did YOU start out with?

If it is like another board I once frequented, you get a new green dot for 100 points. Correct?

I think it lies - it says Jimnyc is just really nice! HAHAHAHA!!!! Can you give yourself scores, cause you sure do have alot there Jim? :tng:

freeandfun1 said:
so, how many points did YOU start out with?

If it is like another board I once frequented, you get a new green dot for 100 points. Correct?

Right now the order is as follows (and will be changed soon enough)

Not sure how mine got so high. I guess everyone loves me. :)

[QUOTE

Not sure how mine got so high. I guess everyone loves me. :)[/QUOTE]

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Johnney said:
not as much as falling off a ladder!
LOL I'll work on getting you on the road. How's the Eisenhower strike ya? :eek2:

jimnyc said:
I've been getting a ton of PM's and emails asking about the reputations and rep power, so I figured I would put a brief explanation here.

When you read another members post, you can add or subtract from their reputation and leave comments. You just need to click on the 'scales of justice' to the upper right of their post. You then click on either 'approve' or 'disapprove' and leave your comments. Depending on your rep power, the other members reputation will either increase or decrease.

The default rep power is 10. All users are limited to 20 reputation clicks in any 24 hour period. The default is to grant reputations to 20 users before you can click on the same person again. I have just reduced that to 5. This means after you leave a rep for someone, you cannot do so for that same person again until you gave reps to 5 other members.

You will receive a 'title' based on your reputation. You can read a users title by letting your mouse hover over the users green/red squares. These titles can be changed, and will once I have more time. The titles in place now are default from vBulletin.

And yes, the display of the users rep points and power is new. I altered some code yesterday to have everyones displayed for all to see.

-Jim

So what's the corelation between the reputation number and the rep power number, since people's are different? Some people have lower reputation numbers, and higher rep power numbers, and then some have more reputation numbers with a lower rep power number.

Pale Rider said:
So what's the corelation between the reputation number and the rep power number, since people's are different? Some people have lower reputation numbers, and higher rep power numbers, and then some have more reputation numbers with a lower rep power number.

Your reputation points are decided solely by those that give or take away from your reputation. Your rep power will change depending on how many people you give a reputation to.

jimnyc said:
Your reputation points are decided solely by those that give or take away from your reputation. Your rep power will change depending on how many people you give a reputation to.

Aaaaaah I see... hey, we're pals right Jim? ..... :teeth:

Mr. P said:
Whine, whine, whine!!!!!!

How do ya like your new PFC position?

Ha ha ha ..............funny

I like it pretty well here at Boeing.
I'm still looking for another job though, always looking to step up.

P.S. I just gave you a point

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ha ha ha ..............funny

I like it pretty well here at Boeing.
I'm still looking for another job though, always looking to step up.

P.S. I just gave you a point

Thanks for the point! I knew you had respect for your elders...

Hey on the job stuff...don't you think you should stay for at least
6 months..before applying anywhere else? Personally, I'd stay
a year, but then I don't know the field you're in.

I'm still in the Top Secret stuff so staying 6 months to a year isn't a problem.
It's very common to "jump around" in my field, untill you find your "home".
Plus I already have 5+ years experience in this field.
A few job options in Homeland Security Counter Intelligence just opned
here so I applied.

P.S. I'd give you another point but I gotta spread the love to 5 other people
before it'll let me give you props again.

Forum List

Back