o you say rep hoing like its a bad thing???

personally we should all use manie's thank you system....its the "only talk to me in rep" system lol
you should always thank the person in rep....damn do i have to explain everything to yall?

I would like to thank all those who have given me positive Rep and even those VERY FEW who have neg rep'd me. I like the system because you get feedback from your PEERS on whether or not you are presenting well thought out arguments.

So to all of you out there thanks again and try to keep it civil and well reasoned.

Or..they just rep you because they want rep back.
Or, they just rep you because you're on the same side of the argument they are, and both sides need all the help they can get.
Or, they just rep you so they can fill their quota of 8 people, and get back to repping who they really want to rep.
Or, they just rep you because you're friends.

Very few people actually use positive, AND negative rep as it was *intended*, and if you had more negative than positive, you'd likely be calling it "abuse" or "rep terrorism" or some such garbage and claiming the system is faulty.

I would like to thank all those who have given me positive Rep and even those VERY FEW who have neg rep'd me. I like the system because you get feedback from your PEERS on whether or not you are presenting well thought out arguments.

So to all of you out there thanks again and try to keep it civil and well reasoned.

Or, they just rep you because you're on the same side of the argument they are, and both sides need all the help they can get.
Or, they just rep you so they can fill their quota of 8 people, and get back to repping who they really want to rep.

Very few people actually use positive, AND negative rep as it was *intended*, and if you had more negative than positive, you'd likely be calling it "abuse" or "rep terrorism" or some such garbage and claiming the system is faulty.
Another pronouncement from the rep expert.

How do you know why people rep?

This rep thing poses some interesting quandaries.

Whether you want to admit it or not you want to join the Big Rep-ers. It's obvious, they have hopefully earned the right and they are unencumbered. They can be devastatingly honest and cut right to the bone of issues.

When your a weeny rep-er and your too blunt you can be easily devastated by the Big Guns with neg. reps.. So, you learn fairly early to fudge your enthusiasm, which in my case, I find difficult.

I always show appreciation when I get a good rep.. but even that posses interesting dilemmas, to thankful, you sound like a stalker, especially with the ladies, to simple seems ignorant and ungrateful to me. If I get a neg. rep. I also leave them a message and try to get some sort of explanation, most of the time it's bad communication on my part, sometimes their just being assholes.

Then, to add to the confusion, you get unexpected good reps (which is nice) and uncalled for neg. reps (which really sucks).

So, you can call it whoring, trolling, sucking up, boot licking, brown nosing or farming (etc.) that's all hogwash, seems if you just write good ,interesting threads/posts and be patient, things should work out. At least, I hope so...:lol:

Last edited:

Or, they made you laugh.

I hear more people say they give out rep for that than anything else. So I guess it pays as far as rep goes to be a funny boy.

Or, they made you laugh.

I hear more people say they give out rep for that than anything else. So I guess it pays as far as rep goes to be a funny boy.

True enough. Most of my rep given is because someone makes me laugh. Most of my rep received is "LMFAO", or some variation because I make everyone else laugh.

Whether you want to admit it or not you want to join the Big Rep-ers. It's obvious, they have hopefully earned the right and they are unencumbered. They can be devastatingly honest and cut right to the bone of issues.

When your a weeny rep-er and your too blunt you can be easily devastated by the Big Guns with neg. reps.. So, you learn fairly early to fudge your enthusiasm, which in my case, I find difficult.

I always show appreciation when I get a good rep.. but even that posses interesting dilemmas, to thankful, you sound like a stalker, especially with the ladies, to simple seems ignorant and ungrateful to me. If I get a neg. rep. I also leave them a message and try to get some sort of explanation, most of the time it's bad communication on my part, sometimes their just being assholes.

Then, to add to the confusion, you get unexpected good reps (which is nice) and uncalled for neg. reps (which really sucks).

So, you can call it whoring, trolling, sucking up, boot licking, brown nosing or farming (etc.) that's all hogwash, seems if you just write good ,interesting threads/posts and be patient, things should work out. At least, I hope so...:lol:

Just be yourself.

I didn't kiss ass for rep, people liked what i said or thought I said something funny, that is all it takes, as well as not being stingy.

Rep other people and they will rep you back, there are big rep peopel I have recieved zero rep from and they won't see any from me either.

The rep system is a sure way to know what people think of what you post.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Just be yourself.

I didn't kiss ass for rep, people liked what i said or thought I said something funny, that is all it takes, as well as not being stingy.

Rep other people and they will rep you back, there are big rep peopel I have recieved zero rep from and they won't see any from me either.

Ahh I SO agree we should all just be ourselves. Why would be choose to pretend to be someone else. People eventually see through that anyway.

Just for this good post, you get a good rep from me. :tongue:

Or, they made you laugh.

True enough. Most of my rep given is because someone makes me laugh. Most of my rep received is "LMFAO", or some variation because I make everyone else laugh.

Looks aren't everything. :lol:

Just be yourself.

Ahh I SO agree we should all just be ourselves. Why would be choose to pretend to be someone else. People eventually see through that anyway.

Just for this good post, you get a good rep from me. :tongue:

Are you rep trading?

Forum List

Back