Reputation System?

USViking

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2005
Greensboro, NC USA
How does the reputation point system work here?

Is in in writing somewhere?- if so where?

I belong to another board which had a rep point system (I did not participate), but dropped it after a few months.

On the other board I think the rep points were not publicly visible. Members could view their own in the User's section, where the assigners' comments, if any, could also be viewed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
USViking said:

I belong to another board which had a rep point system (I did not participate), but dropped it after a few months.

On the other board I think the rep points were not publicly visible. Members could view their own in the User's section, where the assigners' comments, if any, could also be viewed.

It's not 'credible' in the sense of the most points being the 'best' poster. This is a conservative board, so many of the libs have few points. On the other hand, you will find few that are 'reasonable' that have negative points.

It's a nice way to say you like what someone posted, give a kudo here and there.

USViking said:

Hit "User CP", top left to view.

Kathianne said:
It's not 'credible' in the sense of the most points being the 'best' poster. This is a conservative board, so many of the libs have few points. On the other hand, you will find few that are 'reasonable' that have negative points.

It's a nice way to say you like what someone posted, give a kudo here and there.

Thank you for the reply, and I appreciate your kind kudo to me (I just now looked in user CP).

Is it written down somewhere, though?

I have a question. How is rep power assigned? Does it go by length of time you have been a memeber, or by rep points, or what?

When Mm & I were away due to our computer being down, we lost rep power & points for being inactive. Mm gets into the heart of the board so he really racked them back up. Me on the other hand, I stay on the lighter side of things....most of the time....so it's taken me quite a while to get them back.

You get points, too, if you post in the "pics" thread under General Chat so people can see who they're bickering or agreeing with. :D

Your rep power goes by your rep points received and the amount of posts. When we first started you got one point for every 100 points and I believe it was every 500 posts, been a long time since then, so long as you were on the positive side of course. Now it is every 300 points and every 1000 posts. You can watch your rep power rise as you reach each milestone, so long as you are in the positive side of things (that is still a requirement.)

Shattered said:
You get points, too, if you post in the "pics" thread under General Chat so people can see who they're bickering or agreeing with. :D

I didn't get any points for that!

Oh wait, so long as you are not mofugly must be a rule.

:D

Joz said:
When Mm & I were away due to our computer being down, we lost rep power & points for being inactive. Mm gets into the heart of the board so he really racked them back up. Me on the other hand, I stay on the lighter side of things....most of the time....so it's taken me quite a while to get them back.

You didn't lose points for inactivity - we 'all' lost them when the new rules for awarding points came into effect.

:)

-=d=- said:
You didn't lose points for inactivity - we 'all' lost them when the new rules for awarding points came into effect.

:)
Thanks. I was given the other reason by someone.

Me on the other hand, I stay on the lighter side of things....most of the time....so it's taken me quite a while to get them back.

Man, I've been here like twice as long as you and I have half the rep points! People don't like me apparently.

Gee, I sure wish people would raise my rep. points!... C'mon, people, how bout those points!... GIVE ME REP. POINTS!!!! (*hint, hint*)

jimnyc said:
This thread contains some good info. Search on "reputation" in the chat section to find more.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11776

Here are the updated reputation settings, straight from the hallowed desk of Jimnyc! :halo:

Here are what I have the settings at (I'm certainly open to suggestions and changes!):

What reputation level shall new users receive upon registration? Make sure that you have a reputation level that is at least equal to or less than this value. -10

For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. -365

For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. -1000

For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. -300

How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? -50

How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? -10

How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? -10

Forum List

Back