Repulican no more...

No offense wings but instead of whining about the system and changing your political affiliation in a snit why not consider joining the tea party and actively try to get the best conservative candidates while working within the system? Too extreme or too lazy?

Because the fucking Tea Party went from Being about Fiscal Conservatism, to the same old Social Con Issues. Let the social Cons have the Tea Party I say, even though the name fits us Fiscal Conservative Constitutionalists better. I just wish they would go. I am tired of losing elections because of Idiots on the Far right and their Social Issues.
Same old Social Con issues?

Such as refusing to hold a boot to the neck of senior citizens who paid their dues during careers in which they worked their fingers to the bone to provide a decent living and a roof over the head of their children when they were called to?

You can use government to squish people to death if you wish. Or you can try and find a middle ground.

When Ronald Reagan was confronted with tent cities of homeless people who were unemployable and had no place to go, he got two choices from the American people: fix it or hit the road, Jack. Reagan fixed it.

Washington is where people come together and work on problems for mutual solutions.

Berlin is where people came together for a quick answer in the thirties after WWI Allies bore down on them harshly. Hitler responded by taking the possessions of Jewish Germans, putting them on trains, and turning them over to his Muslim-influenced SS for a quick end and no return policy to his utopia for Nazis.

When Tea Party congresscritters got to Washington, they were given two choices--help out or stand in the corner until the next election when they'd go home to no support from anybody.

That's the basic difference between the founder's system and one corrupted by too much federal power placed into too few hands that don't hear the people on the street, try quick solutions to complex problems that are better served over the negotiations table.

Some people come from the negotiations table and leave saying "Well, everybody gets what nobody wants."

That's the conundrum of having a one-man-one-vote society. You get your vote. You don't get to vote for someone else.

Or do some?

It's so sad to grow up shoulder to shoulder with other people. :eusa_boohoo:

But you do adapt.

Last edited:
I am changing my status to independent. While I consider myself conservative, the Republican party seems clueless blowing 2 elections over 8 years and learning nothing about the make up of our country, and the changing electorate. Romney did well with the white vote. He didn't do well with blacks, latinos, and single woman. He didn't just lose, he got beat. Pundits for Romney have said the people that voted for Obama want giveaways. Some may, but that is short sited and wrong. Republicans have a problem with immigration and abortion. We can't turn back the clock so move on with a clear message, or keep losing and scratching your head. You don't have to be educated:D, or understand what's going on:confused: to vote, and your motivation to vote can be...anything. It's time to realize that. I think Reps have a better plan and would do a better job leading our country, so what, our election is a popularity contest. Reps are so busy working and planning they don't have time for American Idol, or Survivor. The election has become a political reality show, and it's clear you didn't get that memo. The election is a street fight, it's not a debate, so if your not comfortable on the street it's gonna be hard to win. Pundits for the right complained the Pres did talk shows and not news interviews. Times have changed, media changed. Reps ran a good old fashion campaign, and got the results for that effort. Presidential Elections are political Super Bowls, and even if you didn't watch a game all year, you could show up at a party and root for a team. Good luck.

Not to get picky... okay, I am being picky :D but it is two elections in 4 years.

Hehe,

Welcome to USMB

Immie

You are right, thank you

I am changing my status to independent. While I consider myself conservative, the Republican party seems clueless blowing 2 elections over 8 years and learning nothing about the make up of our country, and the changing electorate. Romney did well with the white vote. He didn't do well with blacks, latinos, and single woman. He didn't just lose, he got beat. Pundits for Romney have said the people that voted for Obama want giveaways. Some may, but that is short sited and wrong. Republicans have a problem with immigration and abortion. We can't turn back the clock so move on with a clear message, or keep losing and scratching your head. You don't have to be educated:D, or understand what's going on:confused: to vote, and your motivation to vote can be...anything. It's time to realize that. I think Reps have a better plan and would do a better job leading our country, so what, our election is a popularity contest. Reps are so busy working and planning they don't have time for American Idol, or Survivor. The election has become a political reality show, and it's clear you didn't get that memo. The election is a street fight, it's not a debate, so if your not comfortable on the street it's gonna be hard to win. Pundits for the right complained the Pres did talk shows and not news interviews. Times have changed, media changed. Reps ran a good old fashion campaign, and got the results for that effort. Presidential Elections are political Super Bowls, and even if you didn't watch a game all year, you could show up at a party and root for a team. Good luck.

Don't let the door hit you on your fat ass fuckstick.

As long as you are open to switching parties. I have a new party, it is called, The "I don't give a fuck who you are as long as you can get the job done" party...

So far there is one member. I am taking applications.

Sounds good, the trick is deciding on the job you want done.

Don't let the door hit you on your fat ass fuckstick.

That is not an argument...white flag? Maybe, " you can't handle the truth" czar.

Sorry, but you don't have a somewhat restrictive immigration policy, there is no point to citizenship, paying taxes or following the law.

As long as you are open to switching parties. I have a new party, it is called, The "I don't give a fuck who you are as long as you can get the job done" party...

May I have an application sir?

No offense wings but instead of whining about the system and changing your political affiliation in a snit why not consider joining the tea party and actively try to get the best conservative candidates while working within the system? Too extreme or too lazy?

Just what the Republican Party needs, more moving to the far right. You guys don't ever want to win a national election again, do you?

Well we did come in second. Now we wait for the country to fail so we can say we were right. I thought we just did that. If you want to complain about the strike zone, or a bad call, or beat up the other teams fan, knock yourself out, you still have to win on the field.

A very sad commentary from a very sad individual. You just said what the Obama team lived for 8 years now: "THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS". If you have to act like a massive fuck'n asshole to be president (like Obama has), then let them have the White House. There is nothing more important than being able to go home at the end of the day, look yourself in the mirror, and be able to say you did it with the highest integrity and with the right intentions.

If you think having the right policies, doing your homework, and preparing for debates is "out dated" and you'd rather see the GOP run off to MTV like Obama and act like a fuck'n jerk, spreading lie after lie after lie to win, then as a die-hard conservative, let me be the first to say: DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT. Go be an independent - I know I won't miss you.

Dear USwings: I feel your frustration as a Democrat who joined the party that needed the most help. We still do. Don't give up on yours totally, why not collaborate with other parties and bring that base into the GOP. The Tea Party, the Libertarians, all need support to integrate and influence the major parties. Can you work with both at the same time?

What i feel the GOP can do is bring out the Black conservatives and the Latino conservatives to set up a tiered system of political education and govt mentorships for future leaders. So these populations don't split their base by party, which is killing the communities like it is the whole country. If the more seasoned political/business leaders can mentor and support the younger more liberal constituents, they can break out of this habit of manipulating the vote of dependent populations who think they are so disenfranchised from power connections they have to rely on govt to protect them. Why not have the conservative leadership take on that role of training community leader and activists to be self-sufficient?

This can be done by putting focus on enforcing the Constitution over partisan biases.
You can be pro-choice or pro-life personally, or for or against the death penalty or gay marriage etc., but public laws must respect all views or the policies must be privatized and local instead of imposed over the whole population if they don't consent to one policy.

So we can have political diversity under the Constitution, and not a competition to bully over the others by numbers. The Black and Latino communities have no choice but to unite and quit the party division or they won't survive. And same with America as a whole.

Go with whichever party gives you access to the resources and people you need to work with to bring the best ideas together, and correct the worst weaknesses. Just don't let any one party prevent you from interacting with the others. Look up the website for Republicans for Obama, or the Libertarians or Constitution Party. Or the Justice or Green Party. Find out what your local Occupy or Tea Party activists are working on to solve immigration issues or sustainable labor housing and education, and getting rid of trafficking and slave labor.

Maybe if you come from a more conservative background, you can help bring insight and backbone to some of these more nebulous liberal groups with open ideas but no sense of Constitutional structure or experience working within the capitalist and political system to implement ideas and influence reforms with the institutions that need them the most!

Stick with the Constitution as the base, and whatever groups or issues you work on, tie it in with those values and principles. You will bring reform and new ideas into the old structures, while teaching respect for our founding laws and principles among reform groups that are otherwise marginalized and alienated from the traditional establishments.

Best wishes and don't give up on any party, as they ALL NEED HELP to fix this mess!
We are all equally responsible, and if the people who know better give up and walk, then who is going to be left to support the ones trying to change things? Work with everyone, inside and out, find the best ideas for solutions and share those across party lines.

One of my best buds is a Republican small business owner and advocate, addressing legal reform to stop the conflicts of interest in all three branches of govt. Look for Vern Wuesnche LegalReform-Now.org Homepage. or Vote For Vern > Home
He is trying to work with webgroups to set up profiles on all candidates to encourage more independent people running for office. If you go independent, please keep in contact to support party leaders and members who ARE trying to change things from inside the party.

I plan to contact the third parties also on the idea of setting up partnership teams for solving national issues by launching business/community projects to test out solutions before proposing these to govt, and developing this as a model program for training future leaders in all areas of govt so that anyone can run after developing a strong experience record.

There are many ideas we could put together to help independents, and to exert pressure and influence on the major parties instead of splitting votes where the least favorite wins. The Greens and Libertarians have a lot of smart ideas for reform, including independent currency and pushing more programs to the states where the federal govt is focused more on national security, international relations, and business that crosses over state lines. Whether you stay or go, you can introduce new ideas wherever you end up.
And that is still helping educate people across different parties, especially the most clueless!

Please take heart and courage, in knowing that other people are struggling with the same dilemmas, in all parties, and they need and welcome support of more people like you!

Yours truly,
Emily
EmilyNghiem at hotmail
ethics-commission.net
This is the website where I have posted policies I recommend for civics education to redress and reform govt, based on enforcing the Bill of Rights, Fourteenth Amendment, and Code of Ethics for Govt Service, and mediating any conflicts of interest concerning these laws.

I also write more fun political parodies to protest political bullying.
http://www.houstonprogressive.org
Juliet & Romeo: A Play on Life in America
I plan to produce these through online contests, to raise funds and awareness for creative solutions that encourage bipartisan teamwork on more positive/educational uses of media.

Republicans are really out of touch with reality. I mean people are in favor of gay marriage and Wisconsin voted an openly gay woman as their State's senator. Republicans really have no shot at a national election if they keep getting their talking points from Rush and Hannity. You have to change. Young people overwhelming don't like your policies. You have to change and move forward or be left behind.

It's called a third party.

We had to do this up here. We threw out the Progressive Conservatives and everyone else who ran with Joe Clarke. We became the Conservative Party.

This was not easy. We wandered into the wilderness till we could get our shit together. But now we rule and many are getting grace from it.

You can turn shit around. You can be libertarian and conservative at the same time. I know it doesn't sound like you can but truly you can be.

And then you can beat back the crazies.

Making it work is the point, glad you figured it out, being in Cal I feel sidelined, so it's frustrating. I think I felt this way 4 years ago, but I let the experts lead the way. Time to rethink priorities nationally.

Has nothing to do with Republicans allegedly learning nothing about the make up of our country, and the changing electorate. Has to do with a left-wing media who gets to make crap up about what it is Republicans know about the make-up of the country and changing electorate. With the left-wing media so prevalent in this country, it's impossible to get a message across without contextual distortion and manipulation by the media. If today were like days of old, where federal candidates stood on street corners directly in front of the people in multitudes of cities and counties, it would be much easier to express a message without some third party making crap up and distorting that message. Until something is done about the left-wing media that infests this nation, they get to MAKE UP what it is Republicans know about the make-up of the country and the changing electorate and there pretty much isn't squat Republicans can do about it. Because, if the left-wing media tells you it's true...it MUST be true.

And oh...by the way? Seems Romney's summation was spot on. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what." ... "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it." This was proven yesterday.

Quick question...............if it was the 47 percent who would vote for Obama no matter what, how did President Obama (yeah.......I know that pisses you off) manage to get another 3 to 4 percent of the vote to get the win?

By telling them they're racists if they don't vote for him and make them feel like voting for him was some sort of reparation which would sooth their guilty conscience.

Couldn't the Koch Brothers and their ilk shell out a couple billion more to buy off the 3 to 4 percent?

Yeah, you've certainly got a lot of gall to be giving sermons about someone shelling out a couple of billion to buy off anyone...eh? I'm sure you don't want to talk about the couple or so billion the likes of Warren Buffet and multitude of Hollywood elite who support Oblamer used to buy off their percentage...huh?

I guess Mittens didn't really have their support, eh?

You're right. That percentage of Republicans (RINOs actually) which voted for Oblamer, didn't give Mitt support. That's why they voted for Oblamer. (rolling eyes)

jerk-o.gif

Do you have a name for those of us who did not vote for Obama for certain reasons and for Mitt for other reasons?

I disliked both men as leaders so not vote for either. I have no party and was never an R so I am not a RINO.

The knee-jerk reaction from so-called "conservatives" is amusing as hell. All of a sudden, it's mass panic time and the world is collapsing.

Yes, Obama is almost certain to collapse the US. But before you think the GOP is at fault and has a problem, can you stop for 1 second and realize that George W. Bush (a president who was average at best and was hated beyond hate by the left) one not only his first election, but won a second time?!?! The dumbocrats couldn't even beat George W. Bush! And you're panicked about the future of the GOP?

God Almighty, if anyone should be panicked, it should be the left knowing that it took voter fraud, lies, an illegal candidate, and a billion dollars to BARELY get their guy elected.

While the GOP has a huge line of superstars waiting in the wings (Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Mia Love, etc.), who do the dumbocrats have lined up? Hillary fucking Clinton?!? :rofl:

Republicans are really out of touch with reality. I mean people are in favor of gay marriage and Wisconsin voted an openly gay woman as their State's senator. Republicans really have no shot at a national election if they keep getting their talking points from Rush and Hannity. You have to change. Young people overwhelming don't like your policies. You have to change and move forward or be left behind.

Jesus - talk about out of touch!!! Hello pot, this JFK_USA the kettle speaking.

California, the most radical left-wing liberal state in the union voted DOWN gay marriage in the 2010 mid-term elections.

Clearly your hung up on homosexual shit (you haven't brought up anything else), so it's very likely you are flaming gay. And if that's the case, you're far too fucking biased in your view to see the forest for the trees.

The knee-jerk reaction from so-called "conservatives" is amusing as hell. All of a sudden, it's mass panic time and the world is collapsing.

Yes, Obama is almost certain to collapse the US. But before you think the GOP is at fault and has a problem, can you stop for 1 second and realize that George W. Bush (a president who was average at best and was hated beyond hate by the left) one not only his first election, but won a second time?!?! The dumbocrats couldn't even beat George W. Bush! And you're panicked about the future of the GOP?

God Almighty, if anyone should be panicked, it should be the left knowing that it took voter fraud, lies, an illegal candidate, and a billion dollars to BARELY get their guy elected.

While the GOP has a huge line of superstars waiting in the wings (Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Mia Love, etc.), who do the dumbocrats have lined up? Hillary fucking Clinton?!? :rofl:

While the GOP has a huge line of superstars waiting in the wings

What makes them "superstars"? Seriously is this about winning some game or is it about getting a better government than we have now? When was the last time government was working well?

UMMMmmm... Dude... I think he just said that the wacko's and myopic people that are out of touch with America are the problem. The Tea Baggers are not in sync with America. The Tea Baggers are in sync with the tiny minority of Americans that want to destroy Government. AKA Tea Baggers.

I dont think Republicans blew the election. The people just prefer Obama.

What we need to do is start reeducating people on what is true.

I dont think Republicans blew the election. The people just prefer Obama.

What we need to do is start reeducating people on what is true.

How?

Re-education camps? No thanks
In the schools? Please, enough of that although I would like to see civics taught again.
Media? Someone has to re educate them first to actually offer more honest political journalism

While the GOP has a huge line of superstars waiting in the wings

What makes them "superstars"? Seriously is this about winning some game or is it about getting a better government than we have now? When was the last time government was working well?

Government hasn't worked well in over 100 years. And that's because the rise of the dumbocrat party and their belief in Communism/Marxism/Socialism.

I agree with you 100% - it hasn't worked well in over a century. The problem is, the American people (lead by liberals like "Obama Phone" and "Obama money") are too stupid to understand that government works flawless when it adheres to the US Constitution. The ultimate law of the land, and the law the both parties have been violating for decades now.

Forum List

Back