Repuke leaders disclosures reveal that he bets against U.S. AND LOSES!!

sangha

Jun 1, 2010
Investing in the hopes the US economy will fall must be why Cantor is doing everything he can to destroy this country. This traitor is betting that the US will fail.

And he's losing!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Think Progress Eric Cantor’s financial disclosures reveal that he bets against U.S. Treasury bonds.

Eric Cantor’s financial disclosures reveal that he bets against U.S. Treasury bonds
House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) has often expressed concern for how Obama administration policies are supposedly a “grave danger to America’s prosperity.” Now, the Wall Street Journal finds that Cantor actually invests in an exchange-traded fund that “takes a short position in long-dated government bonds” — effectively betting against the U.S. Treasury bonds that the government uses to fund its operations:

[Cantor], the Republican whip in the House of Representatives, bought up to $15,000 in shares of ProShares Trust Ultrashort 20+ Year Treasury ETF last December, according to his 2009 financial disclosure statement. The exchange-traded fund takes a short position in long-dated government bonds. In effect, it is a bet against U.S. government bonds — and perhaps on inflation in the future.

If Cantor truly cares about “America’s prosperity,” one would have to wonder why he is literally betting against its financial future. The Washington Independent’s Annie Lowrey adds that “Cantor is not a very canny investor. The fund is down 31 percent this year.”

Investing in the hopes the US economy will fall must be why Cantor is doing everything he can to destroy this country. This traitor is betting that the US will fail.

Think Progress Eric Cantor’s financial disclosures reveal that he bets against U.S. Treasury bonds.

Eric Cantor’s financial disclosures reveal that he bets against U.S. Treasury bonds
House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) has often expressed concern for how Obama administration policies are supposedly a “grave danger to America’s prosperity.” Now, the Wall Street Journal finds that Cantor actually invests in an exchange-traded fund that “takes a short position in long-dated government bonds” — effectively betting against the U.S. Treasury bonds that the government uses to fund its operations:

[Cantor], the Republican whip in the House of Representatives, bought up to $15,000 in shares of ProShares Trust Ultrashort 20+ Year Treasury ETF last December, according to his 2009 financial disclosure statement. The exchange-traded fund takes a short position in long-dated government bonds. In effect, it is a bet against U.S. government bonds — and perhaps on inflation in the future.

If Cantor truly cares about “America’s prosperity,” one would have to wonder why he is literally betting against its financial future. The Washington Independent’s Annie Lowrey adds that “Cantor is not a very canny investor. The fund is down 31 percent this year.”

Maybe he didn't make such bad investment choices ... particularly since the investment fund is down 31 percent. Cantor's a good man and does care about his constituents. I'd take Cantor 20 times over before I'd ever give the time of day to Jim Webb or Mark Warner.

Maybe he didn't make such bad investment choices ... particularly since the investment fund is down 31 percent. Cantor's a good man and does care about his constituents. I'd take Cantor 20 times over before I'd ever give the time of day to Jim Webb or Mark Warner.

Do you really think losing almost 1/3 of your money is a good investment? :cuckoo:

I guess you could say obama is destorying this country free of charge

At least he is putting his money where his mouth is.

I urge all Republicans to bet against the US economy

WTF is is with these over dramatic, MISLEADING titles to these threads.? GOOD GRIEF.

oh I see it was brought over from Thinkprogess.:. no wonder.:rofl:

Last edited:
Don't know about all of you people, but I am putting my money into erectile dysfunction drugs. That's the only thing that comes to mind that's 'HEADing' UP. :clap2:

poor old pathetic, despwate, sad looking libturds. they've screwed the pooch politically.

That sounds like a conflict of interest.

Is he on any finance committees? If so, that would make it unethical as well.

At least he is putting his money where his mouth is.

I urge all Republicans to bet against the US economy

They do, in every campaign, and in every official act. Little wonder many would do so with their wallets as well. Hell, Dick invested much of his money in Dubai.

New Topics

Forum List

Back