Repuiblicans abandoning the anti gay agenda?

Actually, it would be nice if they did focus on more prevalent topics, like economy and government control, I love their views on those and if they dropped all this "morals" crap I'd support them.

I think if you take a good look, the right isn't trying to shove any more morals down your throat than the left is. Yet another myth perpetrated and perpetuated by the left. Pick any thead on waterboarding, Abu Ghraib, the Iraq War and say it ain't so. The moral outrage is bursting at the seams.

Forcing morality onto others is forcing morality onto others, regardless how you choose to label, package and sell it.

Meh, didn't say they were doing it "more" ... just that until I see less evidence of it I am staying in the middle. I keep up with the Religion and Ethics threads and most of the wingnuts on both sides are still trying to push their morals on people, not just one side or the other, just in different topics.

But as I said, I like the right's ideals on business and government influence more now, pushing against government control is one thing I will always side with, regardless of which side does it.

With all the things happening that really are important, I find it difficult to understand why some people care so much about homos.

Why don't you look at it a different way

It's not caring about the 'homos'... personally I don't give a rat's ass what they do

It's about the 'homos' trying to impose their tiny majority agenda into government and redefine what something is....

It's not like this is about equality... that is evident with their insistence that a civil union is not enough... this is about them forcing their views and imposing those views upon others

With all the things happening that really are important, I find it difficult to understand why some people care so much about homos.

It's not caring about the 'homos'... personally I don't give a rat's ass what they do

It's about the 'homos' trying to impose their tiny majority agenda into government and redefine what something is....

It's not like this is about equality... that is evident with their insistence that a civil union is not enough... this is about them forcing their views and imposing those views upon others

If they were then I would agree, and there are a few groups that do, but the problem is that most of what people think they are being "forced" to do really doesn't effect them in any way. But you would have to point out each issue, since if you are using those few groups which do, then we can also say that the religious right is forcing their agendas on everybody just because of a few small groups trying to get science out of some of the schools. Works both ways.

If they were then I would agree, and there are a few groups that do, but the problem is that most of what people think they are being "forced" to do really doesn't effect them in any way. But you would have to point out each issue, since if you are using those few groups which do, then we can also say that the religious right is forcing their agendas on everybody just because of a few small groups trying to get science out of some of the schools. Works both ways.

And I do complain when any group (including the religious right) would want to get science out of schools to whatever degree...

All I have ever asked is that for those kids of families of strict belief, it should be stated that theory X is a theory and the teachings of this scientific theory are in no way meant to try an disrespect your religion or beliefs.. to have such a thing would not be forcing an agenda but simply having the extreme religious students treated with the same amount of respect that is given to gays and other groups

Cheney has begun the slow turn from anti gay rhetoric to a more moderate position on gay marriage, saying that he has no problem with it. McCain's daughter has been vocal about a more open stance for gays in the Republican party.

Will the homophobes and evangelicals stand for it? What is the backlash and how much will it cost the Republicans?

Sorry to break the news to you, SW, but this has been Cheney's position for quite some time.

August 2004:

Cheney breaks rank on same-sex marriage:
Vice president refers to daughter as lesbian publicly for 1st time

Props to Cheney.

I sure hope the GOP are abandoning their anti-gay agenda. Republicans are on the wrong side of history on this one.

Forum List

Back