Repuglicans who oppose the Stimlus, but take the money anyway

Repuglicans who oppose the Stimlus, but take the money anyway

That's not hypocritical. If you oppose a bill, for example, but it passes any way, it's still law and you must follow it. They opposed the Stimulus bill, but it still passed. Oh well. It's law so might as well follow it.

Posing with the giant check is a 'bit' hypocritical don't you think?

That depends. If he was excited about it, you bet.

They voted against the stimulus and railed against it in public and then walk arround their local areas with BIG checks with their names on them as if they pulled the money out of their own pockets.

The funniest part is the idiots who lost their jobs because of this great recession then turn arround and vote for them to vote against unemployment extention, retraining and the new jobs created by these laws.

New R Motto: Stupid is the new smart.

The Democrats are hanging themselves. They appear weak, incompetent and just as corrupt. They had 60 seats and couldn't get anything done. I give up. Why? Because stupid voters don't get it that it is the GOP that has blocked any progress. So they will vote GOP who certainly won't fix anything. How does that make sense?

And the Dems don't even have guys like me defending them anymore. They suck. Plain and simple. And if they lose their seats and the country goes Fascist again, then I guess we deserve it.

I don't see a big voter turn out this November for Democrats. But you know the GOP will come out in full support of their guys and gals.

But hopefully the GOP don't get any majorities back. They might gain some seats back, but they won't be in charge.

Hopefully the Dems replace Reed and Pelosi.

I know the rich own both parties, but the Dems are the lesser of the two evils. The GOP liked high gas prices and they love war for profit. They love NAFTA. They love the Supreme Court siding with corporations every time they run over citizens.

Republicans love voter suppression. Obstructing any progress will accomplish that, and they know it.

I can't give you details of what goes on in the bank, all I can say is that volumes at the department where I worked when down by 60% after 0bama came in and passed stimulus. (Last day of work, May 1)

Now, that may just be a thing where something happened in order, but that does not mean that what happened first caused the second. What I saw from the inside was a mild slip and then a crash in late february in terms of volumes.

It is true lots of other things were going on too. The bank is automating like crazy. But the level of work is way down. and it remains down. He said it would never get to this position, but it only got worse.

I still say that 0bama compounded the situation. And I am going to take advantage of the legislation that I think was stupid at the time, counterproductive, and is making things worse as day chases day. But I lost because of it, so I am going to take every advantage I can.

While I appreciate you typing all of this stuff out, why didn't you just say you have been talking out of your ass this whole time? It would have saved you a LOT of keystrokes.

I'd like to point out that no conservatives have simply said "Oh, it's coming from MSNBC, therefore it's not credible." If the tides were turned and this was a story from Fox News, i'd have to believe there would be some liberals here saying "Faux News, can't trust it" or something of the like.

As an aside, for anyone who cares to answer. Let's say there was a government program cut that you didn't agree with, but it resulted in a tax break for the middle class. Would you refuse that tax cut?

I'd like to point out that no conservatives have simply said "Oh, it's coming from MSNBC, therefore it's not credible." If the tides were turned and this was a story from Fox News, i'd have to believe there would be some liberals here saying "Faux News, can't trust it" or something of the like.

As an aside, for anyone who cares to answer. Let's say there was a government program cut that you didn't agree with, but it resulted in a tax break for the middle class. Would you refuse that tax cut?

You DID hear the crowd estimate numbers reported by FOX News for the Tea Party, right? I believe EVERYONE is a little gunshy about FOX after that fiasco, and rightfully so.

It did not kill your job and any sane person knows you are full of shit about his.

Thank Bush for killing the world economy which then killed your job.

Now you truely know what happens when you vote against your own interests.

I already said the schooling is paid for by stimulus.

During the Bush years I got steady pay increases and unemployment was 4-5%. Now I am swirling around to make it work, what with COBRA and textbook costs and groceries and rent and all the rest of it. Talk about voting against your own interest?

Things were quite nice in the awful days of Bush. In the glorious land of hope and change and the ever brightening rainbow wrapped future, I am having it pretty rough.

Let me first say that I am truely sorry you are losing your job.

You and everyone else did great for a time under Bush. I did great. The problem was it was built on a false platform. They allowed the housing bubble to build instead of nipping it in the bud because it was the ONLY thing fueling the economy. If they had nipped it in the bud the economy would have stalled and Bush would not have gotten a second term.

I knew this was coming and told everyone I knew or met to NOT take money out of their house and to NOT buy a house or trade up. I warned them Not to take money out of their houses to buy a car or any other crap. I warned them to save money and protect themselfs from what was coming. I was called all sorts of names by people on the right for doing so.

Now even though I proved to be right I still get called names by the right because they think the fact that they were so very wrong means nothing now. They think the fact that I was right all those years means nothing now. To now try and claim that Obama and dems solutions are causing the problem instead what have really caused it is typical. I'm glad the safety net is there for you and its the reason I wanted it in place. Take everything that they offer and rebuild your life. Then when you have made the transition PLEASE realize others may still need the help and stop voting to strip these aids from others after your life has been made whole with them.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back