Repuglicans who oppose the Stimlus, but take the money anyway

Hey, I figure stimulus is what cost my job, so I am grabbing the gravy while I can

I am taking classes while on unemployment, and the classes are paid for by stimulus. Unemployment while going to school used to be illegal, now it is a benefit.

Pubs are hypocrites, nothing new to see here. I thought Jindal started the trend last year?

Hey, I figure stimulus is what cost my job, so I am grabbing the gravy while I can

I am taking classes while on unemployment, and the classes are paid for by stimulus. Unemployment while going to school used to be illegal, now it is a benefit.

So, when the Repugs lie, you have no problem with it right?

I doubt you lost your job because of the stim, but nice attempt at laying blame anywhere else but where it belongs.

As long as the government is going to spend my tax dollars and much more, why shouldn't i try to actually get something back in return?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah it killed your job, what horseshit.

As long as the government is going to spend my tax dollars and much more, why shouldn't i try to actually get something back in return?

Oh, I get it now. You say you are against WHILE you are benfitting from it.
I'm not benefiting from it at all, but if i were in position to, i absolutely would.

It would be like if i got robbed and the cops caught the guy after the fact, but he'd already sold a bunch of my stuff. I'm definitely against being robbed, but if the opportunity comes to where i can get some of my stuff back, then why not? :)

That's not hypocritical. If you oppose a bill, for example, but it passes any way, it's still law and you must follow it. They opposed the Stimulus bill, but it still passed. Oh well. It's law so might as well follow it.

BO, we had 50 follks. AO, they are down to 25.

Ok, maybe I am being a little silly, but I watched the house of cards collapse from inside, and here in Oregon we have the third highest unemployment, and it just got worse and worse. (I am seeing signs of improvement all over, but That is after I went back to school.)

Stimulus didn't stimulate, it crunched, and I was one of the crunchees. Getting a job as a 50 year old guy is hard at the best of times, and 0bama has made this one of the worst of times.

Ok, my hand is out, but the first chance I get, he gets a taste of unemployment too.

BO, we had 50 follks. AO, they are down to 25.

Ok, maybe I am being a little silly, but I watched the house of cards collapse from inside, and here in Oregon we have the third highest unemployment, and it just got worse and worse. (I am seeing signs of improvement all over, but That is after I went back to school.)

Stimulus didn't stimulate, it crunched, and I was one of the crunchees. Getting a job as a 50 year old guy is hard at the best of times, and 0bama has made this one of the worst of times.

Ok, my hand is out, but the first chance I get, he gets a taste of unemployment too.

So, you are backing off of your initial lie, but in it's place tell another? Please show me the proof that the stimulus package caused you to lose your job.

Last edited:
It did not kill your job and any sane person knows you are full of shit about his.

Thank Bush for killing the world economy which then killed your job.

Now you truely know what happens when you vote against your own interests.

That's not hypocritical. If you oppose a bill, for example, but it passes any way, it's still law and you must follow it. They opposed the Stimulus bill, but it still passed. Oh well. It's law so might as well follow it.

Posing with the giant check is a 'bit' hypocritical don't you think?

They voted against the stimulus and railed against it in public and then walk arround their local areas with BIG checks with their names on them as if they pulled the money out of their own pockets.

The funniest part is the idiots who lost their jobs because of this great recession then turn arround and vote for them to vote against unemployment extention, retraining and the new jobs created by these laws.

New R Motto: Stupid is the new smart.

I can't give you details of what goes on in the bank, all I can say is that volumes at the department where I worked when down by 60% after 0bama came in and passed stimulus. (Last day of work, May 1)

Now, that may just be a thing where something happened in order, but that does not mean that what happened first caused the second. What I saw from the inside was a mild slip and then a crash in late february in terms of volumes.

It is true lots of other things were going on too. The bank is automating like crazy. But the level of work is way down. and it remains down. He said it would never get to this position, but it only got worse.

I still say that 0bama compounded the situation. And I am going to take advantage of the legislation that I think was stupid at the time, counterproductive, and is making things worse as day chases day. But I lost because of it, so I am going to take every advantage I can.

It did not kill your job and any sane person knows you are full of shit about his.

Thank Bush for killing the world economy which then killed your job.

Now you truely know what happens when you vote against your own interests.

I already said the schooling is paid for by stimulus.

During the Bush years I got steady pay increases and unemployment was 4-5%. Now I am swirling around to make it work, what with COBRA and textbook costs and groceries and rent and all the rest of it. Talk about voting against your own interest?

Things were quite nice in the awful days of Bush. In the glorious land of hope and change and the ever brightening rainbow wrapped future, I am having it pretty rough.

Forum List

Back