Repuganlican Party Used To Believe In Up or Down Votes

Remeber back when Senator Bill Frist (Repug from Mississippi) threatened to end all filibusers with "The Nuclear Option." because the Dems were filibustering the shrub judicial appointments.

"The President's Appointments deserve an Up or Down Vote." was what Frist and Repugs said, it became their mantra.

Well, now the Repugs are saying that they might just filibuster Mr. Obama's choice for SCOTUS if they feel that the person is "out of the mainstream."

So, ye olde hypocritical repugs out there, which is it? An Up or Down Vote (Which the Repugs were demanding when THEIR GUY WAS MAKING APPOINTMENTS) or is it filibuster?

No, you cannot use "Activist Judges" as an excuse.

Allowing Corporations (Both National and International) to donate money to political campaigns is a decision from a Conservative Activist Court.

SCOTUS appointed the shrub (bushie baby DID NOT win an election. He won a Legal Decision in 2000) another example Conservative Activism.

So which side you fall on depends on whose ox is being gored?

Or are you saying that Republican hypocrisy is bad, but Democrat hypocrisy is good? I would argue the reverse. I am all in favor of Republican hypocrisy. But Democrat hypocrisy is end-of-civilization-as-we-know-it evil.

but your mileage may vary.

fillibuster the crap outta the democrats, they deserve it, it's what they do..

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3lQBfNJIs]YouTube - Flashback: Democrats call Nuclear Option "Tyranny of the Majority" "Arrogant"[/ame]

whining little pissant hypocrites..

Remeber back when Senator Bill Frist (Repug from Mississippi) threatened to end all filibusers with "The Nuclear Option." because the Dems were filibustering the shrub judicial appointments.

"The President's Appointments deserve an Up or Down Vote." was what Frist and Repugs said, it became their mantra.

Well, now the Repugs are saying that they might just filibuster Mr. Obama's choice for SCOTUS if they feel that the person is "out of the mainstream."

So, ye olde hypocritical repugs out there, which is it? An Up or Down Vote (Which the Repugs were demanding when THEIR GUY WAS MAKING APPOINTMENTS) or is it filibuster?

Allowing Corporations (Both National and International) to donate money to political campaigns is a decision from a Conservative Activist Court.

SCOTUS appointed the shrub (bushie baby DID NOT win an election. He won a Legal Decision in 2000) another example Conservative Activism.

As long as the Demoncrats didn't believe in up or down votes then, they won't have to endure them now....seems only fair to me...

Dems were filibustering the shrub judicial appointments then and now they can enjoy having Obamas appointees get the same treatment....seems only fair to me....

Allowing Corporations to donate money to political campaigns (Demoncrat and Repubican)? Seems only fair to me

SCOTUS appointed the shrub? Obviously don't understand what happened in that election do you...The SCOTUS "appointed" no one...the SCOTUS stopped Fla. from changing the election rules after an election because they didn't like the outcome(obviously un-Constitutional) . They stopped a recount from "cherry-picked" Democate held districts.....seems only fair to me

Last edited:

I do not want to hear it. You had ZERO problem when the Dems blocked Judges for over a year or any other time they used it. To damn bad for you. It works BOTH ways, go fuck a sheep.

WOW, why is it that hypocritical republicans want to hold democrats to their previously held standards even as these same hypocritical republicans refuse to apply that same standard to their own who are now pretending that because democrats once believed it was ok to filibuster court nominees that it's now OK for republicans to engage in a tactic that they once called unconstitutional as they preached that their job as senators is to "advise and consent."

WOW, why is it that hypocritical republicans want to hold democrats to their previously held standards even as these same hypocritical republicans refuse to apply that same standard to their own who are now pretending that because democrats once believed it was ok to filibuster court nominees that it's now OK for republicans to engage in a tactic that they once called unconstitutional as they preached that their job as senators is to "advise and consent."

cry us a fucking river whydonchya? :lol:

Says the one WHINING about democrats and what they did to your poor little defenseless and helpless republicans. LOL that is freaking hilarious.

Thanks for admitting and condoning hypocrisy as long as it suits your needs. LOL

Says the one WHINING about democrats and what they did to your poor little defenseless and helpless republicans. LOL that is freaking hilarious.

Thanks for admitting and condoning hypocrisy as long as it suits your needs. LOL

demon rats had the super doooooper majority and couldn't get shit done without the nuclear option... I'd slink away in total embarassment iffen I was a demonrat.. :lol:

demon rats had the super doooooper majority and couldn't get shit done without the nuclear option... I'd slink away in total embarassment iffen I was a demonrat.. :lol:

WOW thanks for showing you have no clue as to what you are referring to. The senate healthcare bill was passed by the house on a straight up or down vote. How about you try to be honest for a change instead of acting like a spoiled little child throwing a temper tantrum because you didn't get your way?

BTW what does how the healthcare bill was passed have to do with republicans whining about what democrats did in the past, which republicans then called unconstitutional, and which the republicans are now talking about engaging in? Answer: NOTHING.

Thanks for proving that the republicans have no morals, integrity or honesty and it's funny how the constitution is supposed mean so much to you righties and yet you will choose to trample it based on the needs of your party.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back