repubs voted for unemployment extensions under GW but won't now....

Both my kids have two jobs. No problem finding summer work in this neck of the woods. But for some reason, our local businesses have to hire guest workers from Russia. Work ethic perhaps? No extended unemployment benefits there?

There wasn't money to pay for it under Bush. So?
When Bush's tax cuts come up for renewal, they need to be done away with because...

The last thing the Democrats want is for the Bush tax cuts to expire and have the average family of four get hit with a $2300.00 tax increase.

repubs voted for unemployment extensions under GW but won't now....
whats the difference?

I should think the difference is obvious. Partisan politics. At the time they voted (erroneously) for the extensions the national debt and deficit were unimaginably high. Didn't matter. Now the national debt and deficit are unimaginably high. Does matter. The GOPers have re-discovered fiscal restraint...just like they did in the 90's.

Now if they can win enough seats in the house and senate to completely deadlock government.

Are you making more than 290 a week?

290 a week is 7.25/hr.

If you can't find a job making at least 7.25 an hour, that is your own fault There are plenty of jobs paying that much.

Greetings from Las Vegas n-elitist, or maybe super elitist.
McDonald's here in April had a central hiring for like 50 positions.
700 plus people showed up.
Unemployment HAS become an entitlement.
It has replaced welfare as an 'agent' of social control. Actually, it is saving your butt (and others) from the growing teeming masses of the long term unemployed, whom sooner or later, will directly take from you.

I do not know about now but when I got out of the military in 1994 I know it was required you make 2 verified attempts at getting a job a week in order to receive your benefits. Out of the 700 I wonder how many were just making their attempt?

I know I personally was not in any real hurry to find a job at the time. I knew that I had coverage for a few weeks. When that ran out I got off of my duff and starting looking hard. I have a feeling some others are doing that same thing. Rather than extend it they my want to consider shorting it and maybe a few more people will work a little harder to find a job.

Take the 500 million Hillary just promised Pakistan. spend that money here. Time to cut off all foriegn aid. Fix here berofe trying to fix the rest of the world!!!!

Forum List

Back