Repubs to Cost 4000+ Jobs, Run up Deficit $200M / Week, Endanger Americans

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I made an earlier post that was poorly worded. So here are the facts that I find disturbing.

I am anti-union but there is such a thing as common sense. In order to make it more difficult for some people in the FAA to unionize, the GOP is willing to do the following now:

1. Put over 4,000 people out of work until the Dems give into their way 100%. Thus adding their contribution to our unemployment problem.
2. Cost the US Government over $200M / Week. (According to AP, Reuters, CNN but not cited on FOX), thus adding rather vigorously adding their contribution to our deficit.

But they would get three things:

3. Government subsidies would continue to be paid to a few small, rural airports.
4. It would be harder for FAA employees to unionize.

I think both 3 and 4 are okay. I think unions abuse their power so I'm actually better with 4 than 3. But in any case, the costs in terms of jobs and money in 1 &2, seem unreasonable to me - especially at this time. Make your political statements later folks. There are 4,000 families that may not eat because of an obvious Party-Before-Country political ploy.

I haven't seen anything from Washington that has sickened me so much, since ObamaCare was passed.

Forum List

Back