Republiscum Birthers and now Tenthers.

francopinion

Rookie
Aug 21, 2009
Perry and I think Palin are part of the "Republiscums Tenthers" movement. They want to do away with a few things. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Aid to Education, Overtime, Minimum Wage, Federal Highway System, 7 day work week, and anything else the Federal Government touches. Google Tenther's Constitution. Interesting.

Perry and I think Palin are part of the "Republiscums Tenthers" movement. They want to do away with a few things. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Aid to Education, Overtime, Minimum Wage, Federal Highway System, 7 day work week, and anything else the Federal Government touches. Google Tenther's Constitution. Interesting.
7-day work week? Wow, I'll ask my BIL who works 5 days a week

Are you still in grade school? Why the adolescent "Republiscums" term? Do you have something against the proper application of the X Amendment?

More loonies - While I'd be more than happy to let Texas go their own way - I can't go along with this misinterpretation of the constitution.

I subscribe to my own - but I'm not so ego-centric as to think it is the "only defensible intepretation"

Ok, given that why would you consider anyone else's a misinterpretation.
(For clarification I personally subscribe to the "intent of the framers" version, the same version which, in the not so distant past, was exclusively used by the Supreme Court when deciding cases).

Problem with "intent of the framers" is that it depends on which framer's quotes you want to use to justify your interpretation - and WHEN they said the quote. The framers were all over the place in their quotes.

The interpretation of the supreme court is what's gonna stick - as it should. But the supreme court isn't going to be able to circumvent the will of the people (if the majority is big enough) for very long.

The "intent of the framers" imho - was to create a document that is flexible enough to reflect changing attitudes - but not so flimsy that it was subject to fickle whims. That's the second problem with the "intent of the framers" argument - they never expected their "intent" to be the final word for all eternity.

The reason I call the secessionists' intepretation an incorrect interpretation is that it is in conflict with prevailing precedent. They tried to make this case before and they got their butts whipped - and that (imho) is a good thing.

Last edited:
Problem with "intent of the framers" is that it depends on which framer's quotes you want to use to justify your interpretation - and WHEN they said the quote. The framers were all over the place in their quotes.

Not necessarily when read in contrast/comparison. But that is a whole different discussion, for now let's agree to disagree, ok?

The interpretation of the supreme court is what's gonna stick - as it should. But the supreme court isn't going to be able to circumvent the will of the people (if the majority is big enough) for very long.

Federlist Paper #10 addresses this issue specifically in terms of limiting the tyrrany of the majority.
The "intent of the framers" imho - was to create a document that is flexible enough to reflect changing attitudes - but not so flimsy that it was subject to fickle whims. That's the second problem with the "intent of the framers" argument - they never expected their "intent" to be the final word for all eternity.

Yes, agreed, to a point, flexible but extremely difficult to change.
The basis for their intent however was to perserve liberty, hence said intent is the final word for all eternity.

The reason I call the secessionists' intepretation an incorrect interpretation is that it is in conflict with prevailing precedent. They tried to make this case before and they got their butts whipped - and that (imho) is a good thing.

Their position was and is based on the dicussions concerning this matter by Hamlton and Madison, different to certain degrees, similar in others.

The primary focus of the feeble thread is the X Amendment. Are you against the X Amendent, and in favor of more federal government intervention and butt wiping?

When I was working a "regular" job (not freelance in other words) I worked 7 day weeks all the time, loved the overtime.

Were I a good bit younger and the arthritis would leave me the hell alone I'd cheerfully go hunt a second job.

The primary focus of the feeble thread is the X Amendment. Are you against the X Amendent, and in favor of more federal government intervention and butt wiping?

I'm against the misapplication of the tenth - and if it takes another butt whipping to drive it home to another generation of loonies - so be it.

Forum List

Back