Republicans "you can buy the health ins you need"

I’m good with my health insurance.

They pay 80%
My job pays 50% of my costs. That includes half of the $250 deductible.
:)

If you are a male, you know know you don't need maternity insurance.

Makes sense to me.

If you are 70 and never had an issue with depression, you might not buy anything related to mental health.

Makes sense to me.

If you were born with something you don't need anything either, because they won't give it to you anyway. Just die.

Comment makes no sense and is not related to what I said.

Unless you care to explain further.

Pre-existing conditions.

That does not relate to anything in the post of mine that you quoted.

You O.K. ?

Well it does.

How are you going to take out the insurance you need for a condition they won't give you insurance for at a price you can actually afford?

That isn't insurance.

Thank you.

Now, do you have something meaningful to say ?

Just suggesting that if your argument is "What does a man have to do with maternity," there may be certain facts of life of which you are unaware.

There are men and women who don't need maternity insurance. They exist. You were aware of that ?

But they are still forced to purchase it under Obysmalcare.

ever hear anything so stupid in my life. How does one know what they are going to need. I guess they think everyone has a crystal ball to see in the future.

They cut out the small print that finishes that sentence.

"You can buy the insurance you need...and if you can't you die. The end." Vote Republican.

ever hear anything so stupid in my life. How does one know what they are going to need. I guess they think everyone has a crystal ball to see in the future.

"You can buy the insurance you need...and if you can't you die. The end." Vote Republican.

The "let 'em die" argument is cheap demagoguery.

Trump and the cons sprout demagoguery, but the truth is the lack of health ins or health care does cause early and unnecessary death and even disability. Just ask someone with undiagnosed diabetes and left untreated, or someone with metastatic cancer diagnosed at stage IV. Why are we the country with the highest maternal death rate of all developed countries? Its a fact.

Trump and the cons sprout demagoguery, but the truth is the lack of health ins or health care does cause early and unnecessary death and even disability. Just ask someone with undiagnosed diabetes and left untreated, or someone with metastatic cancer diagnosed at stage IV. Why are we the country with the highest maternal death rate of all developed countries? Its a fact.

No. You're conflating lack of health insurance with lack of health care. They're not the same thing. Regardless, the debate isn't over whether or not people should die. That's the demagoguery. The debate is over whether government should be in charge of health care.

People who don't think health care should be under control of government aren't advocating that we "let people die", so stow the hysterics. We're saying we don't need government to solve all our problems. We don't need government to care for our health. In fact, it's a bad idea to put government in charge of such personal concerns.

Last edited:

No. You're conflating lack of health insurance with lack of health care. They're not the same thing. Regardless, the debate isn't over whether or not people should die. That's the demagoguery. The debate is over whether government should be in charge of health care.

People who don't think health care should be under control of government aren't advocating that we "let people die", so stow the hysterics. We're saying we don't need government to solve all our problems. We don't need government to care for our health. In fact, it's a bad idea to put government in charge of such personal concerns.

Correct.

The whole "die quickly" thing was an effort to shut down the conversation with an emotional appeal....a typical tactic of the left.

And conservatives and libertarians don't need to apologize for following the concept that the founders put forth that our federal government should be limited in what it can do unless authorized through the amendment process.

Health Care for 320,000,000 people done the same way is simply.....stupid.

This is a country that is built on liberty.

But the GOP has done a pathetic job of leading this conversation. We can have a discourse that isn't built around having the government do things. That would include allowing insurance (who is licensed through the government) to arbitrarily drop people for whatever reason after they have paid into the system.

What if your bank called you up just before your last mortgage payment was due and said "sorry.....we are changing the rules....your interest rate is retroactively doubled" ?

If you were born with something you don't need anything either, because they won't give it to you anyway. Just die.

Pre-existing conditions.

You O.K. ?

Well it does.

How are you going to take out the insurance you need for a condition they won't give you insurance for at a price you can actually afford?

That isn't insurance.

Well done.

Pre-existing conditions.

You O.K. ?

Well it does.

That isn't insurance.

Well done.

Do you understand why?

Forum List

Back