Republicans "you can buy the health ins you need"

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
ever hear anything so stupid in my life. How does one know what they are going to need. I guess they think everyone has a crystal ball to see in the future.

That's the point of insurance. You don't know if you're going to "need" auto insurance but you'll be glad you have it after an accident.

Dumb thread

That's the point of insurance. You don't know if you're going to "need" auto insurance but you'll be glad you have it after an accident.

Dumb thread

And if you don't, it was a waste. Insurance is basically gambling. And you should never gamble what you can't afford to lose.

What "Republican" said this? What was the context.

But regardless it is a perfectly rational statement. Consider: I recently went through the process of signing up for a Medicare Supplement for 2018. I know about my general health. I know that I take a moderate number of daily prescription drugs, and I know what the cost. I know my dental and optical condition.

I bought the health insurance I needed. I did not buy dental, because the maximum payout is $1,400 per year, and I can self-insure that amount.

No offense, but you would have to be pretty dense not to see that the quoted statement is very reasonable.

ever hear anything so stupid in my life. How does one know what they are going to need. I guess they think everyone has a crystal ball to see in the future.

If you are a male, you know know you don't need maternity insurance.

Makes sense to me.

If you are 70 and never had an issue with depression, you might not buy anything related to mental health.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

If you are 70 and never had an issue with depression, you might not buy anything related to mental health.

Makes sense to me.

Yes I know men do not make babies. :rolleyes: The aged get newly diagnosed with depression a lot. Mental health affect physical health and vice versa.

What "Republican" said this? What was the context.

But regardless it is a perfectly rational statement. Consider: I recently went through the process of signing up for a Medicare Supplement for 2018. I know about my general health. I know that I take a moderate number of daily prescription drugs, and I know what the cost. I know my dental and optical condition.

I bought the health insurance I needed. I did not buy dental, because the maximum payout is $1,400 per year, and I can self-insure that amount.

No offense, but you would have to be pretty dense not to see that the quoted statement is very reasonable.

Dental ins is optional.

Dumb thread

So you have just proven this is not a dumb thread. Thank you for proving that the GOP is stupid.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

Yes I know men do not make babies. :rolleyes: The aged get newly diagnosed with depression a lot. Mental health affect physical health and vice versa.

No, they don't get diagnosed "a lot".

Well, I guess you agree with my crystal ball otherwise.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

If you were born with something you don't need anything either, because they won't give it to you anyway. Just die.

Are you assuming impotence here?

Doesn't really matter what he's assuming. Unless you're now inviting government to get involved in our sex lives as well.

I saw a thing on tv somewhere, that there was a sex therapist who basically had sex with her clients for money and called it therapy... and it was covered by insurance. You sure you don't want government in your bedroom? :dance:

`
Related - Number of Americans without health insurance grows in Trump's first year, new figures show - 3.2 million to be exact. As people are losing their health insurance and their jobs, I remind them that that trump and his evangelical right-wing supporters are directly responsible for this.
Couldn't read article, I met my months limit, but yes and I expect it to be a lot more next year. Isn't it bad enough we have the highest maternal death rate of all developed countries.

Doesn't really matter what he's assuming. Unless you're now inviting government to get involved in our sex lives as well.

I saw a thing on tv somewhere, that there was a sex therapist who basically had sex with her clients for money and called it therapy... and it was covered by insurance. You sure you don't want government in your bedroom? :dance:
Was it a movie?

Was it a movie?

Nope. It was on Nat Geo or the History channel.

Use of Surrogate Sex Partners Rising Among Women

Sex therapist Padma Deva sleeps with patients: Counsellor or courtesan? | Daily Mail Online

Surrogate Partner Therapy/Sexual Surrogacy-To Refer Or Not to Refer

Forum List

Back