Republicans would rather default on US debts than raise taxes on billionaires

I don't know of any Republicans who have called for default. Can you name one?

Dems have offered up trillions in spending cuts....what tax increases on Americas wealthiest have the Republicans offered up?

Hey Republicans...who's your daddy?

We already know

To them, apparently, "shared sacrifice" means the elderly & the poor.

Wheres the welfare recipients and those who never paid a tax in their life or paid into social securities shared sacrifice? I would say it's better to cut the benefits of those who never paid for them rather then those who have. Where is your outrage at the lazy?

oooooooooooooo, TRILLIONS in spending cut.

DRAWN out OVER TEN YEARS. Now we know JUST HOW HONEST these lying bastards are..but you all fall for it hook line and SINKER..:lol:

We have already borrowed $2.5 trillion to give Bush/Obama tax cuts to billionaires. When are we going to institute a sane tax structure that requires shared sacrifice?

Who is your daddy Republicans?

Default the nation because you won't raise taxes on your billionaire buddies?

In this case I support a fair tax. Would you also support that? I am all for it, do away with the federal income tax and have an across the board tax for all products bought and paid for. You better be careful though, all your buddies that work under the table and live on welfare will all of a sudden have to start paying taxes.

Hey Republicans..

How many times did you vote to raise the debt limit under Bush?

Oh...I forgot...Obama must fail

Was this not the Democrat budget to pass in 2010 before the midterm elections? Yes it was.
Dems won
And they failed to pass it why? If anyone is to blame for this mess, it's the democrats for not passing a budget that they where mandated to pass. Only you fucken idiots who cannot hold one another accountable for anything fail to see this.

Hey Republicans..

I seem to remember Obama being all in a tizzy about raising the debt limit to 8 trillion in 2006 but he's all for raising it now.

21st Century Schools for a 21st Century Economy | U.S. Senator Barack Obama

Barack Obama said:
It's a sad state of affairs. We just voted to increase the debt limit; the U.S. total debt, at this point exceeds eight trillion dollars, that's eight trillion, with a "t." So, we've got to get our fiscal house in order here in Washington. I'm not sure it's going to happen under the current leadership in Congress.

Just as I seem to remember Obama saying that taxes should not be raised on anyone during a recession.

But then I guess you dimwit dims have very short memories.

Obama vs. Obama | The Weekly Standard

n August 2009, on a visit to Elkhart, Indiana to tout his stimulus plan, Obama sat down for an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd, and was conveyed a simple request from Elkhart resident Scott Ferguson: “Explain how raising taxes on anyone during a deep recession is going to help with the economy.” Obama agreed with Ferguson’s premise – raising taxes in a recession is a bad idea. “First of all, he’s right. Normally, you don’t raise taxes in a recession, which is why we haven’t and why we’ve instead cut taxes. So I guess what I’d say to Scott is – his economics are right. You don’t raise taxes in a recession. We haven’t raised taxes in a recession.”

Last edited:
Of course rightwingers are moronic shathead pups, their taxpayer dollars saved the companies of these billionaire "job creators" and these same billionaires are raking in billions in profits yet refuse to created jobs and hire the same taxpayers that bailed their sorry arses out and the Repugs support them. Sick facking people.

Of course rightwingers are moronic shathead pups, their taxpayer dollars saved the companies of these billionaire "job creators" and these same billionaires are raking in billions in profits yet refuse to created jobs and hire the same taxpayers that bailed their sorry arses out and the Repugs support them. Sick facking people.

Raising taxes to 100% on anyone making over 250K a year will NOT solve the problem you fucking idiot.

Cutting spending and slashing the size of the fucking runaway government is what will solve the problem.

more supply side pandering construed to push privitization of our social contract imho

Regrettably, the financial markets and right-wing economists have gotten the problem exactly backwards: they believe that austerity produces confidence, and that confidence will produce growth. But austerity undermines growth, worsening the government’s fiscal position, or at least yielding less improvement than austerity’s advocates promise. On both counts, confidence is undermined, and a downward spiral is set in motion.
The Ideological Crisis of Western Capitalism | Truthout

Raising taxes to 100% on anyone making over 250K a year will NOT solve the problem you fucking idiot.

It's a good thing that nobody is suggesting that as the way to fix the problem.

Cutting spending and slashing the size of the fucking runaway government is what will solve the problem.

Livin' in a Libertarian Lala Land.....

Last edited:

Tell me are things so much better now that the fucking federal government eats up more than 25% of GDP than when it ate up 20% of GDP?

It sure as hell seems to me that the bigger the fucking government gets, the worse we all do.

Hey Republicans..

How many times did Obama vote against it?

How many times did he call it "failed leadership"?....... :eusa_whistle:

They are loyal lapdogs aren't they?

More ridicules, Fear monger and lies on your part. Way to go. You would have made a good member of Hitlers PR group.

We can meet all our obligation to not Default on our Debt Simply by using the 200 Billion a Month we take in. To pay the Interest.

The only possibly way we could default. Would be if Obama were to CHOOSE not to pay the Interest and put us into Default. The Money is there.

Or are you Libs actually suggesting we can not even pay the interest on our Debt, unless we BORROW MORE MONEY!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Perhaps they walked out, because they are sick and tired of watch Obama lie through his teeth, and scare the shit out of Americans, and investors around the world. When he says if he does not get the Limit Raised we will Default.

We have shown on this thread and several others. That the Government could service the Debt(the only thing needed to keep us from Defaulting) and also Keep the SS checks coming, and Military being paid. All on the 200 Billion a month we take in.

Ask yourself why Obama Automatically says we will default, and SS checks wont go out. When it would be up to him and Congress to pick and choose what got funded and what did not. Are they actually claiming there would be no other recourse but to keep all the Bureaucrats, Foreign aid, Grants, and the multitude of other ways we spend money going, By Not paying the interest on the Debt, and not sending out SS checks?

If you people are still buying anything this Lying Fear Mongering asshole says. You are fools.

Are you the Geico guy, under a rock? You have no idea about what happens when the debt ceiling is reached. Idiot. Try paying just your interest in your household, moron. republitards, they're fun to watch!

Hey Republicans..

Why did the Republicans pass a budget that would require the debt ceiling be raised if they believe the debt ceiling should not be raised?

Hey Republicans..

Why did the Republicans pass a budget that would require the debt ceiling be raised if they believe the debt ceiling should not be raised?

They just think it shouldn't be raised THIS time because Obama is president and they're all racist........:clap2:

When was the last time the Dims passed a budget?

Obama drones have no right to question Republicans about the budget.

Nothing Dims have suggested is any less idiotic. Raising taxes on small business owners is only going to make the recession worse.

Only a moron would believe that the way to eliminate the deficit is by increasing borrowing and spending.

Talk about La-la land

Forum List

Back