Republicans would make deficit worse

LoL!!!

RepubliCON$...lets say you get your wildest dreams realized...you take everything.

Then what?

Meager but significant slowing in this grand failed experiment.

What will you guys do to fix things?

Intrude into the free market less and scale back the crony capitalism where GM wins but Ford gets to pay for it.

How soon will the economy improve?

3-5 years. Sooner if they remember that they cannot control the economy. I won't be holding my breath, the Republican Party is just lighter shade of fiscal liberalism.

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg
[/CENTER]

Why have you left off recent history?

None of your sources for talking points made one for you?

There is no evidence at all to suggest Republicans would spend more than Democrats are now. They never have in the past. Even with the War spending counted Bushes Biggest deficit was still less than half of Obama's first one. In fact even if you added the entire cost off all 8 years of the war in Iraq, to Bushes biggest Deficit it would still be less than Obama's first one.

You people are completely delusional.

Bush was handed a surplus and a healthy economy.

Obama was handed a sinking ship hemorrhaging jobs at 750,000 a month.

Can't you guys ever be honest, even a little?

When will you?

Bush was handled a declining economy that had recently suffered a crash, and only a paper surplus. The actual surplus happened years prior and evaporated when spending increases and declining revenues collided. Perhaps you don't remember, but there was the dot com bubble that burst and the Nasdaq ("The Stock Market of the Next Century") has never recovered. The economy was far from healthy. Oh and then there was that 9/11 thing.

That it was a mild recession is marvelous. Funny how that's ignored now. I bet you were one of those calling 6% unemployment a catastrophe.

Last edited:
Hmm, really? A lie. I don't think the article is talking about the past, rather the future. Are you refuting those figures??

I am.

The CBO takes a static view of the economy and extrapolates expected government revenues from there. Their projections have been wrong every single time because the economy is not static, nor is government revenue.
That and they mostly only deal with the numbers that they're given by the political flacks, who are trying to prove this or that about their silly spending policies.

That's a little deeper than progressives want to dig.

Save it for when they hate the CBO again when they don't have the purse strings.

Forum List

Back