Republicans Will Pass Obama's Jobs Bill or Find Themselves Unemployed

Where have the Democrats been hiding that version of Barack Obamaall summer?

In a fiery speech before Congress, President Obama laid out an effective, workable jobs plan and demanded (not asked, but demanded) that Congress get off its butt and pass the bill. The attitude change is a far cry from the near begging tone Obama took with the GOP when the Republicans took the entire country hostage during the debt ceiling fight.

For starters, the bill itself is good, if not great. Could it be bigger and more progressive? Sure. Instead, it's exactly what the split government, bipartisan times calls for: some Democratic ideas, some Republican ideas, and a price tag that is offset with future cuts and tax loophole closings. In other words, it is the perfect bill.

Source: Republicans Will Pass Obama's Jobs Bill or Find Themselves Unemployed | Benzinga

Are you kidding? What's great about doing a repeat of something that already failed? We spent a trillion dollars on Stimulus I and it didn't create jobs. Now you want to spend half a trillion on Stimulus II and you expect that THIS time it it's going to work?

To be blunt? What the hell are you thinking? Do you REALLY not understand that we can't keep blowing money on these stupid stimulus bills that are nothing more than temporary fixes that don't create long term jobs? Do you REALLY not understand that if we don't get our spending under control that we WILL have our credit rating downgraded yet again?

The stupidity of the far left is almost mind numbing at this point. Barack Obama could stand up in front of a microphone and read the contents list off of a box of Frosted Flakes and you idiots would think it was a "perfect bill".

You're wrong. The stimulus was effective but could have been much more effective but for the Republicans primary goal of defeating Obama in the next election. The R's entire agenda is to getting back the power they lost in 2008; "Country First" like most of the Republican rhetoric are words without substance.

What in god's name are you babbling about? Obama GOT his stimulus!!! He got 800 billion dollars to throw at the country's economic problem. What did the Republicans do that "sabotaged" the stimulus? To even make that charge is outrageous. Barack, Harry and Nancy divided up that little "plum" the way THEY saw fit. What did the Republicans do that limited the "effectiveness" of the stimulus plan? Point out that it was fundamentally flawed and wouldn't work? You don't strike me as an ignorant person, Wry so I'm wondering why you're trying to peddle this nonsense. My guess is you're well aware of how badly Barack Obama and the Progressives have fared running the country and you're in full on "propaganda mode" trying to hide that fact long enough that he can get reelected. Good luck on that by the way. You really think you can blame everything on the Republicans for three and a half years and not have everyone but the hardcore left walking away from supporting this Administration? I think you're deluding yourself.

Last edited:
You got a lot of Republicans who would rather see this country destroyed than led by a black man.

You got a lot of Republicans who would rather see this country destroyed than led by a black man.

Oh shut the hell up, the PEOPLE in this country are SICK TO DEATH of hearing this shit.
You idiots with this crap AREN'T HELPING your hero, but hey, keep it up. The BETTER for the country to see just what his supporters have to say about the people WHO VOTED FOR HIM.

In a fiery speech before Congress, President Obama laid out an effective, workable jobs plan and demanded (not asked, but demanded) that Congress get off its butt and pass the bill. The attitude change is a far cry from the near begging tone Obama took with the GOP when the Republicans took the entire country hostage during the debt ceiling fight.

For starters, the bill itself is good, if not great. Could it be bigger and more progressive? Sure. Instead, it's exactly what the split government, bipartisan times calls for: some Democratic ideas, some Republican ideas, and a price tag that is offset with future cuts and tax loophole closings. In other words, it is the perfect bill.

Source: Republicans Will Pass Obama's Jobs Bill or Find Themselves Unemployed | Benzinga

I doubt it.

This is history as it actually happened:

2008: The economy is on the verge of collapse.

2009: The President introduces a number of measures designed to keep the economy from collapsing.

2010: The economy doesn't collapse. It slowly begins to recover.

2011: Republicans stage a crisis in an attempt to hurt the President. They fail, but create collateral damage to the economy.

2011(a): Obama introduces a bill to speed up the recovery. Republicans immediately go into attack mode, to keep it from getting passed.

Where is the Republican jobs plan, anyway?

The white house released a chart with the original stimulus bill. The prediction on the chart was that with stimulus the unemployment rate would top out at 7.9% and without stimulus it would top out at 9.5% and that by now we would be in the low 7% range without stimulus. I am looking for the chart, but if anyone has seen it, you should post it.

There is a chart going around with Obama's projections and what actually happened.

It has not worked as advertised.

Thanks. Just to be clear, this is what PolitiFact said about the 8% "promise" story:

rulings%2Ftom-mostlyfalse.gif

it was an economic projection with warnings of a high margin for error, not a take-it-to-the-bank pledge of an upper limit on unemployment.

and

many independent economists agree that the stimulus has created more than a million jobs and kept the unemployment rate from going even higher than it has

And I guess that is why I don't believe projections like that.

And I don't believe you can show the stimulus helped or hurt the economy.

The economy is just to diverse, complex and variable to even think about influencing.

It does what it does.

I realize that is an opinion.....so I will qualify it as such.

We can only hope. Unfortunately, too many people think anything Obama does is a failure, because... well, because they hate Obama.

In 2008 the Dow slid almost 40%. There were days when it was falling 5-10% per day. Entire industries were collapsing, banks were afraid to lend to each other, and serious, intelligent people worried that the financial system itself was on the verge of collapse.

That was the last year of the Bush presidency.

Now the financial system is more or less sound, banks are lending, GM is viable, profit-making company, not one person lost $1 in an FDIC account, and the economy is growing again.

What's the Republican response? "You promised unemployment would go down to 8.5%, and it's actually 9.1%." (Never mind that none of that is true.)

Look, it doesn't matter what Obama does or doesn't do. Republicans hate him, and want him to fail. In fact, the #1 reason the economy isn't better than it is is Republican obstructionism.

How much did that fake crisis over the debt ceiling, alone, hurt us?

Yes, a fake crisis. A crisis manufactured by the Republicans in the hope of hurting Obama. (The damage it did to the country was collateral damage.)

And who cares what S&P says? (And by the way, there's three of them, and the other two assign the highest possible rating to US debt.) The markets are saying US debt is the safest investment there is - that's why interest rates have fallen, and continue to fall. Nothing could be a surer repudiation of S&P's opinion.

Link?

Yes, I claim the financial system is sound and that the economy is growing. I didn't say that every bank was doing great (although they did claim record profits last year) or that the economy is growing as fast as it should. In fact it's growing slower than it should, which is why Congress needs to pass the President's jobs bill.

It doesn't matter what Obama does or doesn't do? Did you really say that? Your guy had a freaking super majority. He didn't do DIDDLY with it except pass one of the worst pieces of legislation in the history of our country...ObamaCare...and a trillion dollar stimulus plan that didn't create new jobs. The reason people view him as a failure is that he is one.

It doesn't matter what Obama does or doesn't do as far as Republicans are concerned. Obviously it matters to the rest of us. The stimulus (which was a number of different programs, not just one) was supported by Bush, as well as by Obama, and it kept the economy from sliding into another Great Depression. What we got was a Great Recession instead. It's bad, but better than the alternative.

By the way, did you see me say that Bush did something good?
How can you say the economy is growing when unemployment has NOT changed in last 17 months? and the attempt to pass this jobs, 3 yrs later, only points to himself and his relection bid which was tried already under dem control in a losing effort.

9 consectutive days of the DIJA having consectutive losing days matches jimmeh carters mark and the result he lost his reelection bid. Patterns repeat them-selves.

According to research done recently by the Pew Charitable Trusts, rumors of the loss of the American middle class are far from drastically exaggerated. Downward mobility is on the menu, as one in three Americans who were raised in middle class drops their rank and slip down by the time they are adults.

We can only hope. Snipped

Yea, you keep 'hoping'. The rest of us will be thinking... and finding solutions.

According to research done recently by the Pew Charitable Trusts, rumors of the loss of the American middle class are far from drastically exaggerated. Downward mobility is on the menu, as one in three Americans who were raised in middle class drops their rank and slip down by the time they are adults.

That's because a significant number of this mythical 'middle class' got to be 'middle class' on debt.

*Middle class - a phrase used by US Politicians to divide Americans. There is no class structure in America. The sooner people understand that, the sooner y'all will start to focus on the real problem.... it's not the 'liberals' or the 'conservatives'... it's the dishonest, corrupt, self serving politicians.

...Americans who were raised in middle class drops their rank and slip down...
...Middle class - a phrase used by US Politicians to divide Americans. There is no class structure in America. The sooner people understand that, the sooner y'all will start to focus on the real problem.... it's not the 'liberals' or the 'conservatives'... it's the dishonest, corrupt, self serving politicians.
Class warfare is a tool of the revolutionary left going way back. The current crop tries to differentiate itself from past brutality by making it appear like a trendy game---
World of Class Warrior-thumb-700xauto-273.jpg

--but today's goal is as vicious as it was in Paris 1789 or Moscow 1919.

What solution does the GOP propose?
Focusing on solutions is excellent, thanks!

If the problem is not enough employment, then the solution has to be whatever encourages hiring. Three years ago I had more employees but can't afford as many now with the new taxes and the current popular hatred of employers. I know many others who're in the same situation, so we can see more hiring if we cut taxes and make peace with each other.

The republicans already passed that jobs bill in 2009, the stimulus. This bill is nothing new and just says "Lets continue these programs we put in place"

I'm not sure how going against more of the same hurts republicans.

Forum List

Back