Republicans Will Outperform Democrats in 2018

By any math, Republicans have an easy path to keeping the Senate

What can go wrong?

1. Trump
2. They listen to the extreme right and run Roy Moore's and Sherriff Joes for otherwise winnable seats
3. They get a poor turnout in a midterm
4. 2018 turns into a referendum on Republican excesses

Democrats flipped a Missouri state House seat Tuesday, marking the 35th seat that has changed from red to blue since Donald Trump became president.

Mike Revis, 27, defeated his Republican opponent in a special election Tuesday by 3 percentage points.

The 97th District in Jefferson County went for Trump in the presidential election by 28 points.

In other words, the district has swung 31 percentage points toward Democrats since Trump won last year.
I do not doubt the Ds gain lots of seats, even though the party offers nothing to working and middle class Americans. This might be due to 95% of the MSM promoting the D party, while condemning Rs. Then the FBI and the rest of the massive government bureaucracy will do what they can for Ds. It is likely many sitting Rs will work to sabotage their own party.

The ruling class hates Trump. So anything goes.
The poor GOP....everyone out to get them.

Why the fuck would the ruling class hate Trump? He just gave them a UGE tax break. He is appointing the right wing neocon nuts to positions they shouldn't have. People like Betsy Devos.

And I heard this global warming denier just moved one step closer to running the EPA the other day.

Gipper has no credibility if he's going to be so intellectually dishonest.
It is really very simple. They hate him because he is not one of them. It’s a clique as dumb as one in high school.

Now we can only hope he doesn’t want to be like them or suck up to them.

He is one of them you fucking fool! You're a reality tv refuckingtard!!! Trump lives in a hotel made of fucking gold.

Did that guy run on Men with Boobs going into girls bathrooms? Or running on taking more of your own money in taxes because the constituents that voted democrat is too stupid to know better what to do with that money? Of course not, they just slander the right, saying how racist, sexist, homophobic, the right is, while they themselves are the true bigots on the planet, and liars too..
Republicans are taking from you now. The tax breaks are added to the debt. Your debt
So when Obama increased taxes on everyone, why did Obama increase the debt 9.5 trillion dollars?

9.5 trillion over 8 years is around 1.875 trillion a year of debt increase.

Seems that you don't give a shit about debt when a Democrat is in and spending like drunken Liberals, while a Republican gets in and increases the debt over 10 years by 1.5 trillion in tax breaks.
1.5 trillion over 10 years is around 150 billion a year... Ah yeah, sucks to be you, as a welfare queen you didn't get a tax break...
:lmao::laughing0301::lol: BAM!

I cared about the debt then and I do now. Why didn't you let us raise taxes to pay down the debt?

Alls I know is 2016 you guys said the debt was our biggest threat. What happened? Did you lie? Of course! So clap and laugh for that.

We don't let you raise taxes because you won't use it to pay down the debt. You'll raise taxes and immediately raise spending by the same amount plus more. Tell you what, we'll let you raise taxes if you FIRST freeze spending and dedicate all new revenue to debt reduction.
I have an idea. You're in charge so why don't you guys do that?

It shows our priorities

We value military power over the health and well being of our people

So we need to pull our military out of Europe, watch the European countries distrust each other like they did in WWII, build up massive militaries, including nuclear weapons, and see their nanny states fall apart so we can afford to put healthcare in the same hands that run the DMV?

Is that about the size of it?

The reason we pay so much for our healthcare, higher education and public services is that we have so much invested in the military

And large portions of the world depend on us doing so.
Meanwhile, they have modern infrastructure and we don’t

Now now. Obama promised us lots of shovel ready infrastructure jobs if we just gave him a lot of money to spend. We have him the money, therefore there are no more infrastructure problems. He wouldn't have lied to us, would he?

Obama did not promise shovel ready jobs

Shovel ready projects was a condition put on states if they wanted to receive Stimulus money
Shovel ready projects were smaller projects that did not take years of planning to get started. Major infrastructure improvements did not qualify as shovel ready

Republicans are taking from you now. The tax breaks are added to the debt. Your debt
So when Obama increased taxes on everyone, why did Obama increase the debt 9.5 trillion dollars?

Seems that you don't give a shit about debt when a Democrat is in and spending like drunken Liberals, while a Republican gets in and increases the debt over 10 years by 1.5 trillion in tax breaks.
1.5 trillion over 10 years is around 150 billion a year... Ah yeah, sucks to be you, as a welfare queen you didn't get a tax break...

I cared about the debt then and I do now. Why didn't you let us raise taxes to pay down the debt?

Alls I know is 2016 you guys said the debt was our biggest threat. What happened? Did you lie? Of course! So clap and laugh for that.

We don't let you raise taxes because you won't use it to pay down the debt. You'll raise taxes and immediately raise spending by the same amount plus more. Tell you what, we'll let you raise taxes if you FIRST freeze spending and dedicate all new revenue to debt reduction.
Because i am not bitching and whining about overpopulation like you are. I don't mind sharing, but i sure don't like an oppressive government who FORCES me to have to give up mine that someone like you don't fucking deserve. Once again, if it is too crowded, do us all a favor..

Because i am not bitching and whining about overpopulation like you are. I don't mind sharing, but i sure don't like an oppressive government who FORCES me to have to give up mine that someone like you don't fucking deserve. Once again, if it is too crowded, do us all a favor..
You clearly do mind sharing and I'm not asking for me you greedy fuck.

How does your comment have anything to do with what I just said?

You said: We don't let you raise taxes because you won't use it to pay down the debt. You'll raise taxes and immediately raise spending by the same amount plus more. Tell you what, we'll let you raise taxes if you FIRST freeze spending and dedicate all new revenue to debt reduction.

That was in response to me saying: You're in charge so why don't you guys do that?

So how does that lead you to saying this: Because i am not bitching and whining about overpopulation like you are. I don't mind sharing, but i sure don't like an oppressive government who FORCES me to have to give up mine that someone like you don't fucking deserve. Once again, if it is too crowded, do us all a favor..

I think you are just falling back on a right wing talking point even when it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Democrats flipped a Missouri state House seat Tuesday, marking the 35th seat that has changed from red to blue since Donald Trump became president.

Mike Revis, 27, defeated his Republican opponent in a special election Tuesday by 3 percentage points.

The 97th District in Jefferson County went for Trump in the presidential election by 28 points.

In other words, the district has swung 31 percentage points toward Democrats since Trump won last year.
I do not doubt the Ds gain lots of seats, even though the party offers nothing to working and middle class Americans. This might be due to 95% of the MSM promoting the D party, while condemning Rs. Then the FBI and the rest of the massive government bureaucracy will do what they can for Ds. It is likely many sitting Rs will work to sabotage their own party.

The ruling class hates Trump. So anything goes.
The poor GOP....everyone out to get them.

Why the fuck would the ruling class hate Trump? He just gave them a UGE tax break. He is appointing the right wing neocon nuts to positions they shouldn't have. People like Betsy Devos.

And I heard this global warming denier just moved one step closer to running the EPA the other day.

Gipper has no credibility if he's going to be so intellectually dishonest.
It is really very simple. They hate him because he is not one of them. It’s a clique as dumb as one in high school.

Now we can only hope he doesn’t want to be like them or suck up to them.

He is one of them you fucking fool! You're a reality tv refuckingtard!!! Trump lives in a hotel made of fucking gold.
Clearly you are mistaken. Why have you failed to pay attention these past two years? The ruling class has tried to destroy Trump.

Why do you support the ruling class? You have nothing in common with them.

Last Christmas I donated $1,000 to the Fisher House Organization where every dollar goes to helping the families of warriors who got hurt in Obama's Afghanistan war. I also have donated to Habitat for Humanity and the Salvation Army. But what pisses me off, is when the government taxes me at 37% then gives fucks like you welfare who don't fucking deserve it..Once again, if the world is overcrowded for you, take the first step, stop global warming.

You said: We don't let you raise taxes because you won't use it to pay down the debt. You'll raise taxes and immediately raise spending by the same amount plus more. Tell you what, we'll let you raise taxes if you FIRST freeze spending and dedicate all new revenue to debt reduction.

That was in response to me saying: You're in charge so why don't you guys do that?

So how does that lead you to saying this: Because i am not bitching and whining about overpopulation like you are. I don't mind sharing, but i sure don't like an oppressive government who FORCES me to have to give up mine that someone like you don't fucking deserve. Once again, if it is too crowded, do us all a favor..

I think you are just falling back on a right wing talking point even when it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
When a liberal starts losing the argument, then they must use Rules for Radicals #13 and put the conversation about the person not the point. Just typical.

Last Christmas I donated $1,000 to the Fisher House Organization where every dollar goes to helping the families of warriors who got hurt in Obama's Afghanistan war. I also have donated to Habitat for Humanity and the Salvation Army. But what pisses me off, is when the government taxes me at 37% then gives fucks like you welfare who don't fucking deserve it..Once again, if the world is overcrowded for you, take the first step, stop global warming.
I don't like people who don't deserve welfare to be on it either. I don't like it that a lot of the people on it are content to stay on it and are losers. This is one thing I like about Republicans. They'll go after these bums.

I use to believe a lot of good people get hurt when Republicans make cuts to these programs. A lot of kids go hungry. But this is a lesson they and their parents need to learn. The government aint gonna help so don't have kids you can't afford. If you have to, abort. Your greed will lower the birth rate and for that I thank you.

When a liberal starts losing the argument, then they must use Rules for Radicals #13 and put the conversation about the person not the point. Just typical.

Your comment had nothing to do with the conversation we were having. Go back and see.

Because they're a bunch of <insert favorite insult here> who are scared a democrat somewhere will say boo and the NYT will say something bad about them. Plus, we'd rather peg spending to inflation and let the economy grow so it would be easier to pay down the debt with the generated surplus than raise taxes and hurt the economy more. It would be amusing, though, to see the democrats' reactions as they watched money go by that they couldn't use to buy off constituent groups. No, this is about what you can do the next time you find yourself in charge. I will, though, confidently assert that you'll have no inclination to pay down the debt but will increase spending instead.

So we need to pull our military out of Europe, watch the European countries distrust each other like they did in WWII, build up massive militaries, including nuclear weapons, and see their nanny states fall apart so we can afford to put healthcare in the same hands that run the DMV?

Is that about the size of it?

The reason we pay so much for our healthcare, higher education and public services is that we have so much invested in the military

Now now. Obama promised us lots of shovel ready infrastructure jobs if we just gave him a lot of money to spend. We have him the money, therefore there are no more infrastructure problems. He wouldn't have lied to us, would he?

Shovel ready projects was a condition put on states if they wanted to receive Stimulus money
Shovel ready projects were smaller projects that did not take years of planning to get started. Major infrastructure improvements did not qualify as shovel ready

Judge for yourself:

"Now, here's what I'm confident about, that our economic recovery plan, our 21st-century investments will create jobs immediately that would not otherwise be created. We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created"

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=85080&st=&st1=

Now, I'm sure you can complain that he wasn't really promising this or that or you can find ways to weasel around it, but that's just one example of Obama wanting us to believe there were lots of jobs just begging for funding and all we had to do was spend the money.

Dude, you're mixing up two different posters.

Judge for yourself:

"Now, here's what I'm confident about, that our economic recovery plan, our 21st-century investments will create jobs immediately that would not otherwise be created. We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created"

Now, I'm sure you can complain that he wasn't really promising this or that or you can find ways to weasel around it, but that's just one example of Obama wanting us to believe there were lots of jobs just begging for funding and all we had to do was spend the money.

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the English language?

We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created"

The Great Obama never had any jobs to give.....only funding for projects
For governors and mayors to qualify for that funding, their projects had to be "shovel ready"
Meaning they were ready to provide jobs immediately

Because they're a bunch of <insert favorite insult here> who are scared a democrat somewhere will say boo and the NYT will say something bad about them. Plus, we'd rather peg spending to inflation and let the economy grow so it would be easier to pay down the debt with the generated surplus than raise taxes and hurt the economy more. It would be amusing, though, to see the democrats' reactions as they watched money go by that they couldn't use to buy off constituent groups. No, this is about what you can do the next time you find yourself in charge. I will, though, confidently assert that you'll have no inclination to pay down the debt but will increase spending instead.

We will cut some of your programs and spend more on things we prioritize no doubt.

Also, it was impossible to pay off the debt AND get us out of Bush's recession. But how did the last Democrat do?

Steny Hoyer says George W. Bush inherited $5.6 trillion surplus from Bill Clinton

Axelrod claims Bush saddled Obama with a big deficit

Bush: Surplus Justifies Tax Cut

Judge for yourself:

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the English language?

We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created"

The Great Obama never had any jobs to give.....only funding for projects
For governors and mayors to qualify for that funding, their projects had to be "shovel ready"
Meaning they were ready to provide jobs immediately

Like I said, weasel words. It's plain that Obama wanted us to believe there was work ready to go, just begging for money. There wasn't.

We will cut some of your programs and spend more on things we prioritize no doubt.

Also, it was impossible to pay off the debt AND get us out of Bush's recession. But how did the last Democrat do?

Steny Hoyer says George W. Bush inherited $5.6 trillion surplus from Bill Clinton

Economically, the best we had was a democrat president willing to work with a Republican Congress willing to hold his feet to the fire. We don't have that now, and haven't for some time.

Economically, the best we had was a democrat president willing to work with a Republican Congress willing to hold his feet to the fire. We don't have that now, and haven't for some time.

The Bubba/Republican Congress combination came the closest to balancing the budget.

Forum List

Back