Republicans; why should I vote republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State
So, recently I seen a post put up by vox claiming, yet again, that Obama won term 2 based on the fact that the ‘purists’ stayed home. This really needs a thread all its own because I am tired of hearing this monumental mischaracterization of those that no longer accept the corruption of the republicans. For some reason, these people think that we should vote for a politician that does not represent us or really stand for anything that we stand for. For this, they refer to us as ‘purist.’ I find that term funny as it does not fit me in the slightest. I am not looking for the perfect candidate – he does not exist – but I AM looking for someone that at least represents a sliver of what I stand for and the republicans are not placing people in power that fit that description.

This all leads me to one simple question: why should I vote for you?

Republicans, tell me, why should I vote republican? What stances does the party actually represent (in actions mind you, not just useless rhetoric) that you think I should cast a vote for your candidate? Here is your chance to show how we are ‘purists’ by showing us what stances your party has that represent the values I hold. Good luck.

The only response you'll get will be

1. We're not dems
2. Freedom, personal Responsibilty...blah blah all the old bumper sticker hits
3. Obamacare

Vote for me? Im running? Well, i hope that if I was running you'd vote for me because we agree on alot of areas and im not a total sell out.

"BECAUSE OBAMA!"

That's all the GOP has any more.

No ideas. Just flag pins and hatred toward homosexuals, Muslims, immigrants, and blacks. A lot of whining.

I would vote for the Republican Party again if they stopped with the pessimism, lies, and hypocrisy and started being the smartest people in the room again.

If they had the guts to propose we raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to at least 70, ban all tax expenditures, and cut defense spending to far below the WWII-level spending we are at now, I just might start voting again.

If they quit with the ubernationalistic jackboot stomping and the hatred toward all non-whites and non-Christians, that would be a great start, too. Unfortunately, right now they think they lost because they didn't hate enough!

Oh, and they need to apologize and say, "Uh...about that whole waterboarding thing not being torture. We were TOTALLY WRONG!"

Last edited:
If you don't vote Republican.....Obama will take your guns

So, recently I seen a post put up by vox claiming, yet again, that Obama won term 2 based on the fact that the ‘purists’ stayed home. This really needs a thread all its own because I am tired of hearing this monumental mischaracterization of those that no longer accept the corruption of the republicans. For some reason, these people think that we should vote for a politician that does not represent us or really stand for anything that we stand for. For this, they refer to us as ‘purist.’ I find that term funny as it does not fit me in the slightest. I am not looking for the perfect candidate – he does not exist – but I AM looking for someone that at least represents a sliver of what I stand for and the republicans are not placing people in power that fit that description.

Republicans, tell me, why should I vote republican? What stances does the party actually represent (in actions mind you, not just useless rhetoric) that you think I should cast a vote for your candidate? Here is your chance to show how we are ‘purists’ by showing us what stances your party has that represent the values I hold. Good luck.

Because for right now and into the considerable future in a General Election only one of two choices is going to win, the Dem or the Rep.

You should vote for the one that represents you the best.

With the great divide between dem and rep I hardly believe it's a toss up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Vote for me? Im running? Well, i hope that if I was running you'd vote for me because we agree on alot of areas and im not a total sell out.

No offense but you know what I was referring to so how about aderssing the point? Why7 should I vote republican? After all, in the other thread and according to vox, I and those like me are the reason that Romney lost.
Because for right now and into the considerable future in a General Election only one of two choices is going to win, the Dem or the Rep.

As long as I vote republican, that foreseeable future will NEVER change. You do realize that there is zero chance for the party to change if I vote for them anyway. Why should they change?

Then there is this tossup. You claim that the divide is so great that it is not a tossup but refrain from actually showing me where the republicans might be better. So, no, I don’t think that it is not a tossup. The republicans are not proving any better than the democrats.

Interesting that I have received democrats basically stating that republicans were going to give me nothing and then here the republicans are… giving me nothing. Show the dems here that they have no idea what they are talking about; give me some reasons to vote republican.

Neither party is representing our best interests any more. Neither one.

Stop rewarding them with your vote. When you vote for someone, you are telling them they are doing something right.

They aren't.

This ought to be good, fire up the video cams fellas. :popcorn:

1. We're not dems
3. Obamacare

Yeah, fuck that freedom & personal responsibility stuff....

Vote for free shit!!!!!

No offense but you know what I was referring to so how about aderssing the point? Why7 should I vote republican? After all, in the other thread and according to vox, I and those like me are the reason that Romney lost.

As long as I vote republican, that foreseeable future will NEVER change. You do realize that there is zero chance for the party to change if I vote for them anyway. Why should they change?

Then there is this tossup. You claim that the divide is so great that it is not a tossup but refrain from actually showing me where the republicans might be better. So, no, I don’t think that it is not a tossup. The republicans are not proving any better than the democrats.

Interesting that I have received democrats basically stating that republicans were going to give me nothing and then here the republicans are… giving me nothing. Show the dems here that they have no idea what they are talking about; give me some reasons to vote republican.

Romney is the reason Romney lost. Not to mention the corruption of alot of people. I dont think you are one of them. He isn't entitled to your vote. No one is entitled to it. They have to earn it.

1. We're not dems
3. Obamacare

Yeah, fuck that freedom & personal responsibility stuff....

Vote for free shit!!!!!

We are getting free stuff from Republicans and Democrats. I quite frankly am tired of it. I don't need the government to take money from others and give to me. I just want to have my own money.

You shouldn't.

I'm a registered republican and I'm not even voting in 2016. Too many RINO's and sell outs in the republican party.

Until all of these liberal progressives are kicked out of the GOP it's not going anywhere except "The Other Democrat Party." Yay for choice!

Yay...

Last edited:
Romney is the reason Romney lost. Not to mention the corruption of alot of people. I dont think you are one of them. He isn't entitled to your vote. No one is entitled to it. They have to earn it.

Now THERE is the word that I have been trying to get off my toung in response to the people that whine to me about ‘purist’ and try placing the blame for Romney’s loss on anything other than Romney and the republican party. ENTITLEMENT. Perfect.

Thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back