Republicans who would make better Presidents than the losers we have running now

1. Jeb Bush- Should have been President in 2000, we wouldn't have the problems we have now if he was

2. Colin Powell- Class act, respected and willing to put what's best for the country ahead of partisanship

3. Chris Christie- A bit of a bully, but sets goals and gets them done. looks good for 2016

I agree. Although I don't think Powell will ever run. He's way to smart to get involved in the meat grinder of a Presidential run. Love the guy though.

I also like Mitch Daniels who decided not to run. Another way smart guy.

1. Jeb Bush- Should have been President in 2000, we wouldn't have the problems we have now if he was

2. Colin Powell- Class act, respected and willing to put what's best for the country ahead of partisanship

3. Chris Christie- A bit of a bully, but sets goals and gets them done. looks good for 2016

since the title of your thread is- "than the losers we have running now"

I might agree with 1 and 3, 2? Nope.

and I don't consider them all losers btw....:eusa_whistle:

To me, the fact that Powell is disliked by the extreme left and the extreme right shows he would be bipartisan. I doubt if he has any presidential ambitions though

Today's candidates may not all be losers......but they are second string candidates or outright nut cases

Last edited:

I would have to agree with that short list. Jeb probably learned he'd be much happier to not follow in his failed brother's footsteps, Colin is a closet Democrat and probably realized the direction the GOP has gone in would nominate him anyway, and Christie is just not ready for prime time, but all three would be leaps and bounds better than the current crop of wannabees :eusa_eh:

I like Jeb, Allot, He would do well with the Hispanic Vote. Too much Bush Baggage Right now to fight through.

Jeb Bush--Lefties screaming "Do we want another Bush in the White House? Oh Noes!

Colin Powell. Screwed up at State. Supported Obama. No principles. No elective office experience.

Chris Christie. Weren't you posting that he was fat and unqualified when there was talk of him running?

If McCain hadnt run last time you'd be pushing him. The theme here seems to be, Republicans who are most like moderate Democrats.

How about Sen Jim DeMint, Rep Jeff Flake?

Sucks for you that you only get one candidate to pick from.

Jeb Bush--Lefties screaming "Do we want another Bush in the White House? Oh Noes!

Colin Powell. Screwed up at State. Supported Obama. No principles. No elective office experience.

Chris Christie. Weren't you posting that he was fat and unqualified when there was talk of him running?

If McCain hadnt run last time you'd be pushing him. The theme here seems to be, Republicans who are most like moderate Democrats.

Coming from a guy who is offering us Rick Perry.........nuff said

Perry is probably the best candidate out there. I said that even before he got into the race.

Perry is probably the best candidate out there. I said that even before he got into the race.
He certainly is the best. And because of it, the Commie Press has smeared him right down to nothing and the stupid people that Oddball sees through his glasses? They go along with the press. :rolleyes:

Got that right. And given the sorry-ass array of Republicans opposing him, he's going to win, too, which means we're stuck with him.

Like I said, where's TR when you need him? Bloody inconsiderate of him to be dead.

Got that right. And given the sorry-ass array of Republicans opposing him, he's going to win, too, which means we're stuck with him.

Like I said, where's TR when you need him? Bloody inconsiderate of him to be dead.

I would settle for Ike

To me, the fact that Powell is disliked by the extreme left and the extreme right shows he would be bipartisan. I doubt if he has any presidential ambitions though

Today's candidates may not all be losers......but they are second string candidates or outright nut cases

Y'all really need to knock off labeling everyone who disagrees with you as 'extreme'. It makes you look rather silly. Just sayin'.

Y'all really need to knock off labeling everyone who disagrees with you as 'extreme'. It makes you look rather silly. Just sayin'.

Sorry..

Bachmann, Santorum, Paul

Extreme by any definition

He certainly is the best. And because of it, the Commie Press has smeared him right down to nothing and the stupid people that Oddball sees through his glasses? They go along with the press. :rolleyes:

Putting a camera on someone and recording what they say is not smearing

The press has definitely glommed on to anything--ANYTHING--that could be perceived as anti Perry. The niggerhead incident was perhaps a low point.

The truth is that while I am a Perry guy, I can understand people supporting the other candidates for their own reasons. If you want someone more "mainstream" you might like Mitt. If you want someone more radical then Bachmann. If you want someone who shares your need for Haldol then Ron Paul.
But I will support whomever the GOP picks in the general. There isn't one of them I would have to hold my nose and vote for like McCain was.

Forum List

Back