Republicans want to raise taxes on the poor, cut them for the rich

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Romney

Not shitting you.

The Tax Policy Center took a close look at Republican nominee Mitt Romney's proposed tax and economic plan and concluded that it would cut taxes for the richest Americans and actually raise them on the poor.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for months.

Romney's big problem is going to be, how can he deny this and still claim he's going to balance the budget with his tax plan;

a big tax cut plus military spending increases will add to the deficit.

I saw that... also saw how The Tax Policy Center was once considered "independent" a few months ago when Romney was attacking Perry and now he's retroactively *ding* chosen that by independent he really meant liberal.

Mitt has literally been on both sides of every issue

What was their analysis of their close look at Obama's tax plan?

Except for the poverty level poor everyone should contribute. The wealthy have foot the bill for entirely too long. When will the bottom 50% pay their fair share?

I saw that... also saw how The Tax Policy Center was once considered "independent" a few months ago when Romney was attacking Perry and now he's retroactively *ding* chosen that by independent he really meant liberal.

Mitt has literally been on both sides of every issue

135181729_400x400_Front.jpg

Well it looks like Romney is expanding his base to 5% at least.

I guest his Norquist pledge doesn't include the 95%.

Romney

Not shitting you.

The Tax Policy Center took a close look at Republican nominee Mitt Romney's proposed tax and economic plan and concluded that it would cut taxes for the richest Americans and actually raise them on the poor.

And this is a surprise why? Republicans want at the national level what they have at the state level, the lowest tax rates while the lowest income earners have the highest tax rates. That way they can create plenty more minimum wage jobs for the suckers.

Romney

Not shitting you.

Ooooo...The daily ticker...........

Now that is insight folks...........................

Romney

Not shitting you.

What about the other Thread on this? New Independent Study Show Romney plan would cut taxes for the rich.. ???? How many do we need?

I've been saying this for months.

Romney's big problem is going to be, how can he deny this and still claim he's going to balance the budget with his tax plan;

a big tax cut plus military spending increases will add to the deficit.

Lowering taxes increases revenue; raising taxes lowers revenue. Ask any wealthy Republican and they will tell you. And this does work too; it works so well that I believe we should cut the tax rate for everyone to zero. It seems to me that if it works so well, we should just go all in with it and cut taxes to zero, you know, more bang for the buck that way. If we cut taxes to zero, then revenue should increase exponentially.

What was their analysis of their close look at Obama's tax plan?

I dont know, what do you think of the OP tho?

Well the article doesn't give any statistics or break anything down. Just says Romney wants to cut everyone's taxes by 20 percent and eliminate deductions. Then it randomly says this will help the rich and hurt the middle class.

Forum List

Back