Republicans Want To Gun Down Big Bird

This isn't about deficits, PBS/NPR are very small potatoes when it comes to a percentage of the US Budget, PBS/NPR are targets of the right's culture war.
I can say that both of my daughters grew up watching PBS and their great educational programing for kids. I'm not saying PBS made them what they are today, it did give them a head start. My girls did great through out their education years, now highly successful both pull down six figures, not bad for someone in their twenties. Now their children watch PBS.
PBS, what a wonderful educational resource!

"Small Potatoes", another outdoor/hunting/farming metaphor. What would potato farmers do with a plant that produces "small potatos"? Pull it out by the roots. STOP FUNDING NON ESSENTIAL FEDERAL PROGRAMS. Turn PBS from a parasite to a network that supports the economy. If it can't survive the poor little kids will have to live with the knowlege that birds don't talk and the ones in real life are better than stupid people in fake bird suits.

Good. We shouldn't be spending taxpayer money on TV and radio programming.

If there is demand for it, the market will pay for it. If not, good riddance.

Republicans will burn in hellfire for all eternity for cutting off PBS funding.

Or at least I hope so.

I changed to democrat registration today mainly over the PBS funding issue.

did the cattle prod hurt when they herded you that way?....just wonderin...

This isn't about deficits, PBS/NPR are very small potatoes when it comes to a percentage of the US Budget, PBS/NPR are targets of the right's culture war.
I can say that both of my daughters grew up watching PBS and their great educational programing for kids. I'm not saying PBS made them what they are today, it did give them a head start. My girls did great through out their education years, now highly successful both pull down six figures, not bad for someone in their twenties. Now their children watch PBS.

So donate your money.

The government shouldnt have a hand in it.

I do donate and have for years! But then, I think it's important that the US stop it's slide in the world's ranking for the top educated countries. I guess some people prefer the US to just keep on getting dumber.

Yeah, what a stupid thread.

But it pales in comparison to the stupidity of NPR to fire Juan Williams and publicly insult and demean him right before a major congressional election that they should have known was shaping up badly for their benefactors in the Dim party.... When all they had to do was just not renew his contract when it came due in Feb. 2010 (now) no reason needed, none asked for, no controversy and no PR problem.

Instead, these educated idiots who are in the public relations business as their life, choose to fire Juan and give the repugs new fuel for this same fire they have stoked from the jump.

Conclusion: These idiot stick dumbfucks DESERVE whatever is coming.

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES you whiny, weasel-wording pukes. Nancy said so!

And IDIOTIC DECISIONS like firing Juan the way they did, and what they did and said after, have consequences as well.

It's NOT defensible, but you incontinent chowder head slugs will try to defend it anyway.

So, GO!

Whenever the right wing in America tell you media is liberal, I shake my head and wonder who what when where how. Corporations own 'Big Media' in America and corporations are not liberal by any definition of the word. But then there is a smidgen of good broadcasting left and that I guess is the last remaining target of the right. Media that doesn't presnt the nonsense heard on right wing radio or Fox is the target today. No need for Big Brother when you control the message all the messages. [Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books]

'House GOP Budget Takes Away All Federal Funding for Corporation for Public Broadcasting' by Huma Khan

"As the House prepares for debate today on the budget, Republicans are trying to cut off public funding for NPR and the Public Broadcasting Service, which run such iconic programs as "Sesame Street" and "Morning Edition."" As Budget Debates Begin, Republicans Put NPR, PBS on Chopping Block | Common Dreams

Looks like george Soros spent his money well.

"Small Potatoes", another outdoor/hunting/farming metaphor. What would potato farmers do with a plant that produces "small potatos"? Pull it out by the roots. STOP FUNDING NON ESSENTIAL FEDERAL PROGRAMS. Turn PBS from a parasite to a network that supports the economy. If it can't survive the poor little kids will have to live with the knowlege that birds don't talk and the ones in real life are better than stupid people in fake bird suits.

What kind of comment is that?:eusa_whistle: Speaking of metaphors, at least try to make sense.
If a plant is not growing, you nuture it and you'll realize the reward what it produces.

Whenever the right wing in America tell you media is liberal, I shake my head and wonder who what when where how. Corporations own 'Big Media' in America and corporations are not liberal by any definition of the word. But then there is a smidgen of good broadcasting left and that I guess is the last remaining target of the right. Media that doesn't presnt the nonsense heard on right wing radio or Fox is the target today. No need for Big Brother when you control the message all the messages. [Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books]

'House GOP Budget Takes Away All Federal Funding for Corporation for Public Broadcasting' by Huma Khan

"As the House prepares for debate today on the budget, Republicans are trying to cut off public funding for NPR and the Public Broadcasting Service, which run such iconic programs as "Sesame Street" and "Morning Edition."" As Budget Debates Begin, Republicans Put NPR, PBS on Chopping Block | Common Dreams

See, it's all ideological! It's SOROS!!!!:eek: I can't deal programed thinking.

See, it's all ideological! It's SOROS!!!!:eek: I can't deal programed thinking.

Your best defense would have been to try anf refute the claim but you did not try. PITTY.
FIRST WE HAVE
Financier George Soros estimates he donated $27 million to organizations devoted to defeating President Bush in 2004. He has since expressed disappointment with both parties. Soros talks with Scott Simon about the U.S. political scene.
George Soros, Maintaining Political Interest : NPR

Next we have

George Soros’ Millions Buying ‘Political Reporters’ for NPR
The left loves to go wild claiming that Rupert Murdoch, a famous conservative, owns a few news outlets. The left is also aghast that well known righty Roger Ailes guides Fox News. Ailes’s ideology makes of his network a compromised product, they claim. It’s all a travesty of “news,” and “proof” that those agencies are contaminated by right-wing ideology say lefty detractors. So, with the news that George Soros is buying one hundred political “reporters” for National Public Radio (NPR)

George Soros’ Millions Buying ‘Political Reporters’ for NPR - Big Journalism

PBS is Liberal, funny, I see PBS as being a corporate mouth, nothing more.

Since when do the Rockefellers represent all that is good in the USA, they are big oil, at least they were big oil now the Rockefeller money is all in Banks and financing, Chase Manhatten, the IMF, the
World Bank, the Federal Reserve.

The Rockefeller Brother's foundation funds PBS for the benefit of liberalism or the corporation?

I say take any issue on PBS and a corporation profits from the PBS story.

PBS, the last bastion of truth, big joke that is.

I always found Sesame Street to be lame, I am surprised that anyone enjoys the show.

While it does not surprise me that you are a Sesame Street regular, many of we grownups prefer some of the very good science, history, and travel programs that PBS, and here in Oregon, OPB, presents.

What kind of comment is that?:eusa_whistle: Speaking of metaphors, at least try to make sense.
If a plant is not growing, you nuture it and you'll realize the reward what it produces.

Are you suggesting that the industrial farms of the USA that feed the world stop and nurture one individual plant if its failing?

Potatoes and government funding, I would of approached the post from this perspective;

It takes 18' of government subsidized water to grow potatoes, should we stop that funding as well?

Well, there you have it. Not only would the Conservatives not nurture children concerning health care, they do not want them nurtured intellectually. Hell, if they grow up less ignorant than the Conservatives, they might turn into Liberals. Like Cheney said.

Since when do the Rockefellers represent all that is good in the USA, they are big oil, at least they were big oil now the Rockefeller money is all in Banks and financing, Chase Manhatten, the IMF, the

The Rockefeller Brother's foundation funds PBS for the benefit of liberalism or the corporation?

I always found Sesame Street to be lame, I am surprised that anyone enjoys the show.

While it does not surprise me that you are a Sesame Street regular, many of we grownups prefer some of the very good science, history, and travel programs that PBS, and here in Oregon, OPB, presents.

History, are you speaking of the Marxist Howard Zinn's special, The People's History. Ha, ha.

I am not a Sesame street regular Old Crock, I always found Sesame Street to be lame, Old Crock, if you can not figure out that I do not like the Cookie Monster from my post, how is it that we can take you serious on anything, PBS could tell you anything and you would find it true simply because "The Talking Box", said it.

I bet you that you beleive in Global Warming, I bet you even saw it paid for with the Rockefeller's Oil and Banking money on PBS. You think Rockefeller Banks may be lending money and making a profit building lets say, Green Energy. Lots more money in Banking and Green Energy needs lots of money.

Be dumb and naive Old Crock, beleive me, it does me no pleasure in pointing out your stupidity, for I pay the higher taxes and electric rates to support morons who believe everything they see on PBS.

Hell Old Crock, you could not even figure out that I am not a regular fan of Big Bird, no wonder we have our nation crumbling, people base their ideology on Corporate funded PBS.

I am a bit slow, this was your response to my post in Energy and Environment, that was pretty good of me Old Crock, to remember that you supported Hydro Fracking for Geothermal Energy yet you oppose the technology when it comes to producing oil. Even more ironic is the technology was invented by the Oil industry. Anyhow, your a hypocrite at best Old Crock, I am glad you gave me the oppurtunity to point this out in this thread, alot more people read these threads so you get more exposure as an imbecile.

Hypocrites.

"Republicans Want To Gun Down Big Bird"
:cuckoo:

The Networks (and Cable) would be falling all over one another trying to figure out how to get, how to get to Sesame Street if PBS went away. It's not just a great kids show, it's an industry. They sell Sesame Street clothes, children books, coloring books, games, muppets, video's, computer games and more. Hell they take the damn thing on tour with Sesame Street on Ice.

I can think of any number of Cable channels that would be fighting over NOVA, NATURE, American Experience maybe even boosting their budgets for better (more likely "more") episodes.

Same goes for the news "talent" at both NPR and PBS. Just look how fast Williams got a gig.

Who cares if Sesame Street is brought to you by Pampers and Flintstones vitamins instead of the letter H and the number 7?

The Networks (and Cable) would be falling all over one another trying to figure out how to get, how to get to Sesame Street if PBS went away. It's not just a great kids show, it's an industry. They sell Sesame Street clothes, children books, coloring books, games, muppets, video's, computer games and more. Hell they take the damn thing on tour with Sesame Street on Ice.

I can think of any number of Cable channels that would be fighting over NOVA, NATURE, American Experience maybe even boosting their budgets for better (more likely "more") episodes.

Same goes for the news "talent" at both NPR and PBS. Just look how fast Williams got a gig.

Who cares if Sesame Street is brought to you by Pampers and Flintstones vitamins instead of the letter H and the number 7?

Sesame Street, to read the thread you would think this was a Liberal idea created within the walls of the White House, pure bullshit.

Sesame Street is not owned by PBS or the Government.

I imagine the government that buys a 299$ hammer may be overpaying for the television program it buys or funds.

PBS, I must say this, reluctantly, my kid knows the alphabet because of Super Why, that is PBS, oh well. Too bad they did not have the same success with math.

Should the government fund this, not at all, the direct funding is just the tip of the Iceburg, a trillion dollar budget and the government gives us a couple decent shows, nice work.

Ohh a trillion dollar budget?
You are Wrong as per usual.

Methinks you should have watched more PBS.
Curious George can outthink you.

Are you suggesting that the industrial farms of the USA that feed the world stop and nurture one individual plant if its failing?

Potatoes and government funding, I would of approached the post from this perspective;

It takes 18' of government subsidized water to grow potatoes, should we stop that funding as well?

Yep we should also stop all that govt funded hydro power.
Vegas would get pretty dark and dry.

Sesame Street, to read the thread you would think this was a Liberal idea created within the walls of the White House, pure bullshit.

Sesame Street is not owned by PBS or the Government.

I imagine the government that buys a 299$ hammer may be overpaying for the television program it buys or funds.

Off by a mile.

I'm saying the oft cited "killing Big Bird" meme is stupid. If any show does not need public funding to keep it going it's Sesame Street. (and a lot of other PBS/NPR programs)

"If" we cut off taxpayer support for PBS and NPR and "if" no one stepped up to pick up the slack and those institutions went the way of the dodo, many programs would survive on other channels and radio stations.

Forum List

Back