Republicans Want To Gun Down Big Bird

Whenever the right wing in America tell you media is liberal, I shake my head and wonder who what when where how. Corporations own 'Big Media' in America and corporations are not liberal by any definition of the word. But then there is a smidgen of good broadcasting left and that I guess is the last remaining target of the right. Media that doesn't presnt the nonsense heard on right wing radio or Fox is the target today. No need for Big Brother when you control the message all the messages. [Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books]

'House GOP Budget Takes Away All Federal Funding for Corporation for Public Broadcasting' by Huma Khan

"As the House prepares for debate today on the budget, Republicans are trying to cut off public funding for NPR and the Public Broadcasting Service, which run such iconic programs as "Sesame Street" and "Morning Edition."" As Budget Debates Begin, Republicans Put NPR, PBS on Chopping Block | Common Dreams
ah, more liberal fear mongering

Don't you know that without PBS, NPR and the NEA our kids won't learn to read or count and we'll all be culture less barbarians.

url
one good ball of fluff deserves another.

Big Bird can be replaced... oh look, here's another applicant.

26576_1382368915188_1110906740_31097591_7089756_n.jpg

Egyptians circled their National Museum to protect their culture and preserve their national identity.

American conservatives want to defund the National Endowment for the Arts and Public Broadcasting.

And they call themselves 'Family Values Advocates'. The arts are family values.

I wonder why Conservatives chafe when they are regarded as uncultured, boorish and stupid. On this thread, they want to do away with the arts. On another thread, they champion the teaching of "intelligent design" as real science. And, on yet another thread, they shout about the damage same sex marriage will cause to the institution of marriage. On still another thread, they claim that frozen zygotes are actually human beings.

Makes me wonder why they should be listened to at all.

If your post is based on ignorance can I assume at the least you have no understanding or what you speak.

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum - Yahoo! News

Yes, NPR is art and thus we want to do away with art.

How about the family values we lack when we oppose things like Maggots and Human Blood being paid for as are with tax money. Is that what your speak of.

Online NewsHour: The Art of Controversy -- October 8, 1999

most controversial, artist Chris Ofili's work titled "The Holy Virgin Mary;" it is this work -- a depiction of a black Madonna adorned with elephant dung and sexually-explicit photos -- that was deemed by New York's Mayor Rudolph Giuliani "anti-Catholic."

So money from my pocket should fund maggots and human blood as art otherwise I am uncultured, boorish.

So the Govenment decides everything about my life, even what is Art, and against my will I must work a job and pay for your idea of Human Blood and Shit as Art.

That is Marxism, nothing less. From reproduction, to health, to water, food, the type of energy I use, if my electricity is turned on or off, to Art, the government decides. That is not Democracy or a Republic, that is tyranny.

I am your slave, my labor pays for you and what you want and I get to be called un-cultured when I do appreciate Maggots, Blood, and Shit as art.

The Nazis for some reason comes to mind but not as much as all this just screams of Marxist politics disguised as Liberalism, it was Howard Zinn that stated its "prudent", not to reference Marxism in regards to politics. Who loves Howard Zinn, raise your hands.
Our word for today is HYPERBOLE. Use it in a sentence.

"mdn2000 resorts to hyperbole when fighting the culture war."

Is that what we are doing, fighting a culture war, seems like a different kind of war to me, what is your culture name calling and being a liar, avoiding the topic and attacking the person.

You speak of Culture, I think most would agree you must have class to have culture, I do not see a bit of class in your posts, maybe I should pay a bit more attention but to me you do seem to lack class, no class, no culture.

Comparing the Egyptians to us, are you stating that cutting off funding to the National Endowment of Arts is somehow as tragic as the lost treasures of Egypt in the recent riots and looting. How come a man of such distinguished appreciation of art is unaware that the Egyptians looted some extremely valuable artifacts.

Somehow you equate Art as a function of government, under Communist Russia the Marxist controlled the art, they decided what should be seen and not seen. I do not see how its the governments place to take a position on Art. Being a man of culture and art you appreciate the fact that is it was us Americans that saved the art of the underground artists of the Marxist ruled world of Russia.

Norton Dodge, now that is a great man, he did more for the art of Russian artists hiding from the Marxist then any other man. Thousands of paintings Norton Dodge smuggled out of the Marxist controlled world, sadly some of these artists were eventually caught and sentenced to death without a trial.

A culture war, what is your culture, cow dung and blood?

v5-760472.jpg

Last edited:
If you check government grant programs for the arts, it boils down to millions of dollars in the aggregate but you only get a share if your are disseminating leftist propaganda. read the grant applications. After a while you wonder why they have so many, and instead should save the time and trouble by simply stating, "straight white people with a conservative message need not apply."

if Big bird isn;t grown up enough with millions of bucks in advertising revenue from a media empire built on the taxpayer buck that he can't stand on his own today without our continued support, then Big Bird must simply go and to hell with him. He isn't necessary and nothing can be eternal. i assure you that with all the money they have from toy, doll and book, DVD licensing, they'll just tighten their belts a bit and do just fine. If they can't then it's no big loss. Enough is enough.

Cut the strings lock, stock and barrel. They did the one thing artists and grant writers need to do to be fired and their programs eliminated; they abused their power.

"Art teaches nothing except the significance of life." Arthur Miller

Art is either true or false, good or bad, pleasing or ugly, moving or dull. Defining art ideologically has the major problem of time, and the changing values, time brings to all issues.

Is that what we are doing, fighting a culture war, seems like a different kind of war to me, what is your culture name calling and being a liar, avoiding the topic and attacking the person.

You speak of Culture, I think most would agree you must have class to have culture, I do not see a bit of class in your posts, maybe I should pay a bit more attention but to me you do seem to lack class, no class, no culture....

Class, as you use it, has nothing to do with the so called culture wars. That use of the word is rather un-American and old fashioned as we presume to be a classless society. Presume is the key word. Culture as refinement, is rarely mentioned today, and in an ironic sense a part of the culture wars as the Bush Gore Kerry characterizations demonstrated. Culture is more deeply about everything about us, as family, as nation, as neighborhood and as our values. It is why issues like religion, marriage, family planning, can be so divisive and so powerful when attached to a particular issue or attached to a person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_war

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

Last edited:
Whenever the right wing in America tell you media is liberal, I shake my head and wonder who what when where how. Corporations own 'Big Media' in America and corporations are not liberal by any definition of the word. But then there is a smidgen of good broadcasting left and that I guess is the last remaining target of the right. Media that doesn't presnt the nonsense heard on right wing radio or Fox is the target today. No need for Big Brother when you control the message all the messages. [Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books]

'House GOP Budget Takes Away All Federal Funding for Corporation for Public Broadcasting' by Huma Khan

"As the House prepares for debate today on the budget, Republicans are trying to cut off public funding for NPR and the Public Broadcasting Service, which run such iconic programs as "Sesame Street" and "Morning Edition."" As Budget Debates Begin, Republicans Put NPR, PBS on Chopping Block | Common Dreams

If their programing is worth a darn they can sell ads.

If not, then they need to be deep-six'd.

Watching Nick is just as educational.

"Art teaches nothing except the significance of life." Arthur Miller

Art is either true or false, good or bad, pleasing or ugly, moving or dull. Defining art ideologically has the major problem of time, and the changing values, time brings to all issues.

You speak of Culture, I think most would agree you must have class to have culture, I do not see a bit of class in your posts, maybe I should pay a bit more attention but to me you do seem to lack class, no class, no culture....

Class, as you use it, has nothing to do with the so called culture wars. That use of the word is rather un-American and old fashioned as we presume to be a classless society. Presume is the key word. Culture as refinement, is rarely mentioned today, and in an ironic sense a part of the culture wars as the Bush Gore Kerry characterizations demonstrated. Culture is more deeply about everything about us, as family, as nation, as neighborhood and as our values. It is why issues like religion, marriage, family planning, can be so divisive and so powerful when attached to a particular issue or attached to a person. Culture war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

good gawd:eusa_whistle::lol:

Please,you can't be serious.....:lol:

New York Times.
Washington Post.
Any San Francisco publication....
Any California publication.

CBS
NBC
CBS
MSNBC
CNN

Forum List

Back