Republicans want to cut education by 25 percent.

The most ignorant people in the world want to cut education.

Didn't see that one coming.

Aren't you the ignorant person who wants us to set our per student spending equal to South Korea because you think they spend more than we do?

And it's not just the money. Liberals would have hysterical screaming fits if we emulated the South Korean educational system and practices. (hint: a huge number of SK families with the means to do so send their children HERE to be educated)

There is ZERO authority in the Constitution for social programs or for Education both should be removed from the Federal Budget. Both are State responsibilities.
rdean missleads (as usual) with this thread. Republicans don't want to "get rid of education" they just want to take the power away from the Feds and give it to the states so that the local populace can have a greater say.

rdean is actually against "People Power".

There is ZERO authority in the Constitution for social programs or for Education both should be removed from the Federal Budget. Both are State responsibilities.
rdean missleads (as usual) with this thread. Republicans don't want to "get rid of education" they just want to take the power away from the Feds and give it to the states so that the local populace can have a greater say.

rdean is actually against "People Power".

Yea, so you can teach stuff like "magical creation". Wow, that's one way to lead the world. Hilarious.

The most ignorant people in the world want to cut education.

Didn't see that one coming.

Aren't you the ignorant person who wants us to set our per student spending equal to South Korea because you think they spend more than we do?

No. Why would you say that?

Gee, I have no idea. Could it be because you said it?

You're right, we should be graduating engineers on the same scale as South Korea. Why don't we just set our education budget to equal theirs?

You mean per person.

Idiot.

You're right, we should be graduating engineers on the same scale as South Korea. Why don't we just set our education budget to equal theirs?

You mean per person.

Idiot.

Dipshit. Talk about taking things out of context. I don't know what SK pays for their education. Their post seemed to suggest that we should pay what SK pays. But we are a much bigger country. So I was trying to clarify what they were saying. Not the same budget as ours, but what is paid per student. Not only that, but "scale" was mentioned. You don't pay a teacher in upper New York, the same as a teacher in rural Georgia because the standard of living is so different. Then entire post was confusing to me.

How you get "You mean per person" to mean, fuck, now you've got me lost.

Go ahead, believe what you want. You're a dipshit. THAT I know.

You mean per person.

Idiot.

Dipshit. Talk about taking things out of context. I don't know what SK pays for their education. Their post seemed to suggest that we should pay what SK pays. But we are a much bigger country. So I was trying to clarify what they were saying. Not the same budget as ours, but what is paid per student. Not only that, but "scale" was mentioned. You don't pay a teacher in upper New York, the same as a teacher in rural Georgia because the standard of living is so different. Then entire post was confusing to me.

Taking it out of context?

I know for a fact that the US spends more per student than any country in the world. On the average, we spend twice as much as anyone else, and, as you so conveniently point out, still graduate fewer engineers and scientists than anyone. Yet you, for some obscure reason, think the solution is to spend more money, even though every time we spend more we get less.

You claim to be an engineer, would you continue to spend more on a system that gives an inferior product, or would you scrap it and look for something that works?

You mean per person.

Idiot.

There's an old story in China about a farmer who had to go clean the waste behind his outhouse. He hated this disgusting work and resented doing it. One evening as he was shoveling the nightsoil he dropped his shovel and some of the filth splashed up on him. He was so angry and disgusted that he swung the shovel at the pile of shit in a rage. Of course this caused him to get even more filth on himself which made him more angry which made him swing his shovel again and again. In a short while, he was completely covered in shit and angrier than ever.

Stop swinging your shovel.

Idiot.

There's an old story in China about a farmer who had to go clean the waste behind his outhouse. He hated this disgusting work and resented doing it. One evening as he was shoveling the nightsoil he dropped his shovel and some of the filth splashed up on him. He was so angry and disgusted that he swung the shovel at the pile of shit in a rage. Of course this caused him to get even more filth on himself which made him more angry which made him swing his shovel again and again. In a short while, he was completely covered in shit and angrier than ever.

I did.

This thread is about Republicans wanting to cut education. So far, the right wingers have talked about everything but.

The truth is, they want to teach mysticism in public schools. They believe they are so smart but are not involved in anything that would actually help the country. They have truly bizarre ideas of what science is. They believe science and technology are unrelated. Worse, they have no clue what is involved in modern technology. They still believe you can "invent stuff" in your garage that would change the world.

They think our space program means we should go to the moon again. No one can explain why, only we should.

This Republican Party is NOT the same one that started NASA. This party is nutz.

I did.

This thread is about Republicans wanting to cut education. So far, the right wingers have talked about everything but.

The truth is, they want to teach mysticism in public schools. They believe they are so smart but are not involved in anything that would actually help the country. They have truly bizarre ideas of what science is. They believe science and technology are unrelated. Worse, they have no clue what is involved in modern technology. They still believe you can "invent stuff" in your garage that would change the world.

They think our space program means we should go to the moon again. No one can explain why, only we should.

This Republican Party is NOT the same one that started NASA. This party is nutz.

What's with all these "they"s? Who are "they"?

and you don't believe you can invent something in your garage that could change the world?

I did.

and you don't believe you can invent something in your garage that could change the world?

Of course not. For all of his posturing deeanie is in reality a Luddite.

I did.

They is everybody who does not think that Democrats are a coalition Party and that Republicans are 90% white because they are racists. It is everybody who does not believe that only 6% of scientists are Republicans because they believe in magical creation.

In other words, it is everybody who can think.

Republicans want to cut education by 25 percent.
It would be a lot easier to list what republicans don’t want to cut. Otherwise assume they want to cut it, regardless how irresponsible or ill-advised.

As I recall, the dems made the agreement that if the super committee couldn't come up with a budget that there would be ACROSS the board cuts? The Dems made that deal. Then they sabotaged the process ensuring the cuts would occur.

Dammit, Gunny, what are you doing putting facts in Rtard's thread?

:eusa_shhh:

I did.

They is everybody who does not think that Democrats are a coalition Party and that Republicans are 90% white because they are racists. It is everybody who does not believe that only 6% of scientists are Republicans because they believe in magical creation.

In other words, it is everybody who can think.

Ah. Thought so.

No, Republicans want to cut federal government spending in education by 25%. Increases in government spending over the past 40 years have done absolutely nothing to help educate the population.

No, Republicans want to cut federal government spending in education by 25%. Increases in government spending over the past 40 years have done absolutely nothing to help educate the population.

In 1970 a Pell Grant would cover 70% of the cost of a college education.
Now it covers 1/3.

Why Is College So Expensive? : NPR

By you're logic, since we are paying 4 x as much for gasoline as we did 20 or so years ago, yet (given the same car) our cars don't go any further, clearly, more gasoline isn't the answer for getting further.

Now it covers 1/3.

By you're logic, since we are paying 4 x as much for gasoline as we did 20 or so years ago, yet (given the same car) our cars don't go any further, clearly, more gasoline isn't the answer for getting further.

Actually, cars could go a lot further if they were allowed to use gasoline that wasn't polluted by oxygenates etc. Put another way, show me a car with a diesel 20 years ago that could get this kind of mileage...

"The German company Loremo (short for low-resistance mobile) released a turbodiesel sportscar at last September´s Frankfurt International Auto Show capable of a whopping 117 mpg and range of no less than 621 miles. They also plan on hybrid and electric models, and even one that runs on vegetable oil.

Germans Release 117 MPG Diesel Sportscar: Biodiesel, Anyone?

Last edited:

Now it covers 1/3.

Gee, too bad we don't have something like free government student loans to pay for...

Never mind.

Now it covers 1/3.

The reason education costs are going up is precisely because of government spending in education. Offering easy money in education (these government grants) put the same upward pressure on prices as easy money in the housing market. Sallie Mae (gee, sound familiar) is the institution providing these government student loans, just as Fannie Mae providing housing loans. The parallels between education and housing are striking if you take the time to look at them. The government programs were modeled off of each other, and you get the same results: massive price inflation.

And this isn't just about college education, it is about all education, in free public schools as well. Government has been spending more and more money each year, but results are not improving. Obviously what they are doing is not working.

My argument is precisely that more spending does not increase the quality of education. So your example actually serves to disprove your argument. However, your analogy is incorrect. Mileage is determined by engines and car design, not the gasoline. It really makes no sense actually, and even if it did it would only strengthen my case that more spending on education does not mean higher quality education, just as more spending on gasoline does not mean higher quality gasoline.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back