Republicans vote against vets

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
GOP Voted Against 7 Bills to Help Veterans
The rejected Bills are named:

H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act became H. R. 2875.

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act

H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization

H.R. 1172 -- Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009

H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act

H.R. 2352 – Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act

DETAILS OF BILLS REJECTED BY REPUBLICANS [at the link]

~~~~~
Military Groups Slam Republicans For Killing A Bill Supporting Veterans

(Reuters) – Veterans organizations were upset with Senate Republicans after they failed to gain enough votes of support to move forward with a measure that would have expanded federal healthcare and education programs for veterans. The GOP argued that the bill would bust the budget.

Senate Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-VT) sponsored the bill that would have waived the VA spending cap that was previously established in a budget deal approved by both Congress and President Obama last December. Sander’s office estimated the legislation would have cost $20 billion over the course of ten years.

60 votes were needed to waive the budget rule. 41 out of 45 Republicans voted against it and killed the bill.

~~~~~
Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans today when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.

~~~~~

2016 GOP on Veterans Issues

~~~~~

Veterans’ Jobs Bill Blocked in the Senate
By [URL='http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/author/jennifer-steinhauer/'] Jennifer Steinhauer
September 19, 2012 5:31 pm September 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Eager to shoot down President Obama’s legislative agenda just weeks before the election, Senate Republicans on Wednesday blocked a measure that would have provided $1 billion over five years to help veterans find work in their communities.

~~~~~~

Senate GOP Obstructionists Throw Veterans Under The Bus-Vote Down Bill To Help Vets In Need Of Jobs

~~~~~

IMO, we need to be taking care of our vets but Republicans and RWs disagree. I hope people think about this when they vote.
[/URL]

The GOP has a bad habit of taking the votes of veterans for granted and given back nothing in return.

All talk and no action on the part of the GOP is harming our finest, especially those who have been wounded in action.

Worst of all is playing partisan political games at the expense of veteran's healthcare.

No one who served should be denied benefits because of partisan politics. Once upon a time when there were still genuine conservatives in charge of the GOP funding for veterans was always a bipartisan matter.

Too bad that now the extremist rightwankers are blaming Obama for their own malfeasance when it comes to withholding funding from veterans.

GOP Voted Against 7 Bills to Help Veterans
The rejected Bills are named:

H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act became H. R. 2875.

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act

H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization

H.R. 1172 -- Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009

H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act

H.R. 2352 – Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act

DETAILS OF BILLS REJECTED BY REPUBLICANS [at the link]

~~~~~
Military Groups Slam Republicans For Killing A Bill Supporting Veterans

(Reuters) – Veterans organizations were upset with Senate Republicans after they failed to gain enough votes of support to move forward with a measure that would have expanded federal healthcare and education programs for veterans. The GOP argued that the bill would bust the budget.

Senate Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-VT) sponsored the bill that would have waived the VA spending cap that was previously established in a budget deal approved by both Congress and President Obama last December. Sander’s office estimated the legislation would have cost $20 billion over the course of ten years.

60 votes were needed to waive the budget rule. 41 out of 45 Republicans voted against it and killed the bill.

~~~~~
Forty Republican members of the United States Senate betrayed veterans today when they decided that denying President Obama a victory was more important than spending $1 billion to create jobs for vets.

~~~~~

2016 GOP on Veterans Issues

~~~~~

Veterans’ Jobs Bill Blocked in the Senate
By
Jennifer Steinhauer September 19, 2012 5:31 pm September 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Eager to shoot down President Obama’s legislative agenda just weeks before the election, Senate Republicans on Wednesday blocked a measure that would have provided $1 billion over five years to help veterans find work in their communities.

~~~~~~

Senate GOP Obstructionists Throw Veterans Under The Bus-Vote Down Bill To Help Vets In Need Of Jobs

~~~~~

IMO, we need to be taking care of our vets but Republicans and RWs disagree. I hope people think about this when they vote.
so were these just straight Veterans bills?....or did they as they usually have billions of dollars of that money going to some Senators pet projects?...if its a bill for Veterans,every penny of the money in that bill should go to Veterans and no where else.....

They only claim to care about military personnel while they're in uniform. After that, the're on their own.

Very similar to the way they only care about the unborn.

i beg to differ...they dont give a damn about the ones in uniform.....what was it cheney said...they are volunteers

and can you say pat tillman....how do they justify that shit?

Pisses me off that the R senator from my state is always visiting disabled vets, shaking their hands, posing for photos and then he goes back and votes against them.

Like the RWs here, the vets don't keep track of how their own congress people vote so the don't know any better.

Barry Hussein was still president last time I looked . He could have enacted any one of those alleged issues by executive order.

Did anyone READ the article? The bill would have busted the spending caps approved by both sides. I notice when ever the dems deny a bill because of that there is no whining and crying claiming they are mean people. Last I checked the Government made a deal to abide by the budget restrictions and when ever anyone tries on the republican side to get an exemption you turds are all in here screaming like maniacs that it is not allowed. So which is it? Are certain bills allowed to be exempt?And exactly who gets to decide which ones are and which ones aren't?

Oh my, look what that muslim terrorist in the White House has done to our Veterans... that SNAKE!!!!

POTUS Caps Pay

Military Officers Association of America ^ | September 4, 2015 | MOAA
President Obama sent a disappointing letter to Congressional leaders last week stating that he plans to use his executive authority to cap military pay for the third consecutive year. In 2014 and 2015, pay raises were capped at 1 percent. The president intends to cap 2016 pay raises at 1.3 percent, instead of the 2.3 percent raise called for by law. The troops’ last four raises averaged less than 1.4 percent, with the FY14 and FY15 pay raises being the lowest in 50 years. In his letter, Obama said that he is, “strongly committed to supporting our uniformed service members,...

mime-attachment.jpg

Did anyone READ the article? The bill would have busted the spending caps approved by both sides. I notice when ever the dems deny a bill because of that there is no whining and crying claiming they are mean people. Last I checked the Government made a deal to abide by the budget restrictions and when ever anyone tries on the republican side to get an exemption you turds are all in here screaming like maniacs that it is not allowed. So which is it? Are certain bills allowed to be exempt?And exactly who gets to decide which ones are and which ones aren't?
If the Ds are so willing to ignore spending caps on this where are they willing to cut to compensate?

Barry Hussein was still president last time I looked . He could have enacted any one of those alleged issues by executive order.
No he couldn't. All those bills require funding from the Republican controlled House, as do any raises. The Republican House refuses to pass any bills that would raise the needed funds.
What are you willing to cut to make up for it?
Lemme guess.....Defense
:cuckoo:

No he couldn't. All those bills require funding from the Republican controlled House, as do any raises. The Republican House refuses to pass any bills that would raise the needed funds.
What are you willing to cut to make up for it?
Lemme guess.....Defense
:cuckoo:
No, your guess is wrong. I agree with the Koch brothers and Trump that Wall Street welfare and tax breaks need to be stopped. Those who are still insisting on no new taxes and refuse to raise even the most logical and fairest taxes have become obsolete and have done enough damage to the country with there stubborn irresponsibility. When the Koch's are calling for an end to Wall Street welfare and using those exact words and Trump, the leader in the Republican primaries is calling for the end of tax breaks and loopholes for Hedge Fund traders it's time to get off that dopey no tax increase we have to cut other programs nonsense.

Good you agree, the GOP will bend over backwards for the "job creators" tax cuts, but will not "bend" for the military no matter how much they scream they support them!

Oh my, look what that muslim terrorist in the White House has done to our Veterans... that SNAKE!!!!

POTUS Caps Pay

President Obama sent a disappointing letter to Congressional leaders last week stating that he plans to use his executive authority to cap military pay for the third consecutive year. In 2014 and 2015, pay raises were capped at 1 percent. The president intends to cap 2016 pay raises at 1.3 percent, instead of the 2.3 percent raise called for by law. The troops’ last four raises averaged less than 1.4 percent, with the FY14 and FY15 pay raises being the lowest in 50 years. In his letter, Obama said that he is, “strongly committed to supporting our uniformed service members,...

mime-attachment.jpg

"DoD leadership came out in support of the president’s announcement, insisting that the pay cap is needed to support modernization and training"

If the Ds are so willing to ignore spending caps on this where are they willing to cut to compensate?

OR we could just tax those "job creators" who have the lowest SUSTAINED EFFECTIVE TAX RATES SINCE BEFORE THE HARDING/COOLIDGE GREAT DEPRESSION?

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

POTUS Caps Pay

mime-attachment.jpg

"DoD leadership came out in support of the president’s announcement, insisting that the pay cap is needed to support modernization and training"

DoD Leadership = OBUMA APPOINTED idiots that are, just like ALL other heads of Departments for this regime, LAP DOG, YES MEN to the little poser.... You certainly are a BRIGHT SPOT in the dim bulb of liberalism represented on this forum!

POTUS Caps Pay

mime-attachment.jpg

DoD Leadership = OBUMA APPOINTED idiots that are, just like ALL other heads of Departments for this regime, LAP DOG, YES MEN to the little poser.... You certainly are a BRIGHT SPOT in the dim bulb of liberalism represented on this forum!

You mean CAREER military are lap dogs now?

Forum List

Back