Republicans turn up voter suppression efforts

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
In Florida, election officials found that 75 percent of about 20,000 voter registration applications from a three-week period in September were mismatched due to typographical and administrative errors. Florida's Republican secretary of state ordered the computer match system implemented in early September.

In Wisconsin, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sued the state's election board after it voted against a proposal to implement a "no-match" policy. The board conducted an audit of its voter rolls and found a 22 percent match failure rate -- including for four of the six members of the board.

The Brennan Center has also documented cases across the country of possible illegal purging, impediments to college student voting and difficulties accessing voter registration.

A lawsuit has been filed over Georgia's mismatch system, and the state is also under fire for requesting Social Security records for verification checks on about 2 million voters -- more requests than any other state.

One of the lawyers involved in the lawsuit says Georgia is violating a federal law that prohibits widespread voter purges within 90 days of the election, arguing that the letters were sent out too close to the election date.

Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls - CNN.com

Last edited:
In Florida, election officials found that 75 percent of about 20,000 voter registration applications from a three-week period in September were mismatched due to typographical and administrative errors. Florida's Republican secretary of state ordered the computer match system implemented in early September.

In Wisconsin, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sued the state's election board after it voted against a proposal to implement a "no-match" policy. The board conducted an audit of its voter rolls and found a 22 percent match failure rate -- including for four of the six members of the board.

The Brennan Center has also documented cases across the country of possible illegal purging, impediments to college student voting and difficulties accessing voter registration.

A lawsuit has been filed over Georgia's mismatch system, and the state is also under fire for requesting Social Security records for verification checks on about 2 million voters -- more requests than any other state.

One of the lawyers involved in the lawsuit says Georgia is violating a federal law that prohibits widespread voter purges within 90 days of the election, arguing that the letters were sent out too close to the election date.

Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls - CNN.com

Good god your idiotic....
From your post...
"In this state and all states, there's a process to ensure that a voter who comes in -- even if there's a question about their status -- that they will vote either provisional or challenge ballot, which is a paper ballot," she said.

"So then the voter has ample opportunity to clarify any issues or address them," Handel added. "And I think that's a really important process."

Now contrast that to this...
www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News
Fairfax County elections officials are rejecting about 200 overseas ballots, many of them from members of the military, saying the voters failed to observe a minor technicality in filling out their absentee forms.
The decision to invalidate the ballots has angered local and federal Republican officials, who say the county is disenfranchising a group most deserving of the right to vote. The county’s registrar argues he has no choice but to obey a law he recognizes as flawed.

“I’m not the guy disenfranchising people,” said Fairfax County Registrar Rokey Suleman. “The commonwealth of Virginia is disenfranchising people

Republican voter suppression is a proud tradition. It continues today.

I urge everyone to read the link and not believe jreeves lies.

Republicans don't have the courage to own up to the voter suppression efforts out of the Karl Rove playbook.

No integrity whatsoever....

Republican voter suppression is a proud tradition. It continues today.

I urge everyone to read the link and not believe jreeves lies.

Thats from your post....

"In this state and all states, there's a process to ensure that a voter who comes in -- even if there's a question about their status -- that they will vote either provisional or challenge ballot, which is a paper ballot," she said.

"So then the voter has ample opportunity to clarify any issues or address them," Handel added. "And I think that's a really important process."

Whereas the Democratic Virginia election official admits Military personnel are being disenfranchised.

I'd rather listen to country music then listen to JReeves :lol:

No one believes Jreeves.

It is funny now 4 years later, GW and the GOP are worried that not all the votes in Ohio will be counted because there is now a Democratic Secretary Of State.

Reminds me of the guy who cheats so he assumes everyone else cheats too.

Life in a swing state is exciting. In the past 48 hours, I’ve received e-mails from liberal organizations (ProgressOhio.org and MomsRising.org) encouraging me to vote early, and phone calls (robo and real) from Republicans worried that Ohio will go Obama.

Our older son James recently registered to vote and the Republicans are hot on the trail of fresh blood. On Tuesday alone, I received two calls for James. The first was a real person and went something like this:

“May I speak to James, please?”

“I’m sorry James is away at college.”

“Oh. I’m calling for the Republican Party encouraging James to vote.”

“James will be voting, but he intends to vote for Obama.”

Click.

No one believes Jreeves.

It is funny now 4 years later, GW and the GOP are worried that not all the votes in Ohio will be counted because there is now a Democratic Secretary Of State.

Reminds me of the guy who cheats so he assumes everyone else cheats too.

Life in a swing state is exciting. In the past 48 hours, I’ve received e-mails from liberal organizations (ProgressOhio.org and MomsRising.org) encouraging me to vote early, and phone calls (robo and real) from Republicans worried that Ohio will go Obama.

Our older son James recently registered to vote and the Republicans are hot on the trail of fresh blood. On Tuesday alone, I received two calls for James. The first was a real person and went something like this:

“May I speak to James, please?”

“I’m sorry James is away at college.”

“Oh. I’m calling for the Republican Party encouraging James to vote.”

“James will be voting, but he intends to vote for Obama.”

Click.

Like anyone listens to Pyschobobo or Chrissy the kirky spamster....:eusa_shifty:

My posts are based on facts hence the reason your delusional mind can't comprehend how it could be possibly true.

Like anyone listens to Pyschobobo or Chrissy the kirky spamster....:eusa_shifty:

My posts are based on facts hence the reason your delusional mind can't comprehend how it could be possibly true.

38% of America agrees with you. The top 10% are smart to be voting for John McCain. The rest of you are idiots. Everyone else is getting it but you still continue to not get it.

Do You Know What Happens To Provisional Ballots?

Yep...

The provisional ballot is a safeguard to ensure that an individual who asserts that he or she is registered and eligible to vote will not be prevented from casting a ballot on election day. The provisional ballot will only be counted after the local board has reviewed the provisional ballot application and made a determination that the individual meets all of the criteria to vote the provisional ballot. The key criteria are:

You must be a registered voter; and
You must cast the provisional ballot in the election district or ward in which you reside.
If you are not registered or you cast your provisional ballot outside your election district or ward your provisional ballot will not be counted.

How Can I Find Out If My Ballot Was Counted Or Rejected?
You may either call 1-800-222-VOTE or visit the UM on-line database to find out if your provisional ballot application was accepted and, if not, the reason. This information will be available 10 days after the election.

Provisional Voting
That seems pretty straightforward huh?

38% of America agrees with you. The top 10% are smart to be voting for John McCain. The rest of you are idiots. Everyone else is getting it but you still continue to not get it.

Try to focus, I know that's hard for you but we are talking about voter suppression efforts.

Try to focus, I know that's hard for you but we are talking about voter suppression efforts.

Ok, I don't want people like you who don't even acknowledge the last two elections were stolen anywhere near the ballots or voting machines on election day.

How can we trust you when you defended Katherine Harris & Ken Blackwell?

Ok, I don't want people like you who don't even acknowledge the last two elections were stolen anywhere near the ballots or voting machines on election day.

How can we trust you when you defended Katherine Harris & Ken Blackwell?

Proof, not some liberal blog or liberal on the stump, I want an independent conclusion that the last two elections were stolen.

Yes, we are and the Republicans are trying to suppress votes in every swing state.

But they are going to fail this time because there are Democratic governors in most of those states.

Yes, we are and the Republicans are trying to suppress votes in every swing state.

But they are going to fail this time because there are Democratic governors in most of those states.
For some reason Republicans want to suppress someone that's been registered 150 times or when dead people register.

Forum List

Back