Republicans: Trillions Could Be Cut from Budget if We Eliminate Empathy

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Republicans: Trillions Could Be Cut from Budget if We Eliminate Empathy « Borowitz Report

Rep. Cantor noted that “the word ‘empathy’ comes from the Greek word ‘pathos,’ meaning ‘pathetic’ – and that’s exactly what helping people is: pathetic.”

“We Americans should get out of the habit of using Greek words,” he added. “Look where it’s gotten the Greeks – straight into bankruptcy.”

Once congressional Republicans eliminate such empathy-laden budget items as lunches for poor children, medicine for the indigent and oxygen for seniors, Rep. Cantor said, “We can move from cutting empathy to cutting humanity.”

With humanity removed from the budget, he said, “That’s where the real savings come in.”

By eliminating the food, medicine and oxygen necessary to sustain human life, “We will reduce the single biggest drain on the U.S. economy: people.”

Ending on an optimistic note, Rep. Cantor said that by eliminating people, “by the middle of this century the United States will be successfully transformed into one big unmanned Predator drone.”

Elsewhere, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin said she is considering running for President “just for the free clothes and shit.”

I love to hear Republicans go on and on about being "self sufficient". Then a "Teabirther" is interviewed and they ask, "What job do you have" and they say, "I'm retired and living on Social Security" or "I'm on Medicare". They are so full of shit. They just don't want to help other Americans because they discovered that to be an "Obama" trait, so they are the opposite.

Do Republicans even know where "Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, welfare and food stamps come from"? Do Teabirthers understand that without their "benefits", they would literally have nothing. Not even a "tent".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back