Republicans Threatening Congressional Seats Long Held by Democrats

There are Republicans who will lsoe their seats too. Namely Republicans of the George Bush John McCain Bend Over and Take It For Bipartisanship type.
The Dums know the jig is up. That's why so many have announced they aren't running.

But wait for the brain dead Left here to claim no such thing is going to happen and polls are meaningless.

So anyone who actually wants to try and work with the other side should be voted out? :cuckoo:

The Democrats will lose the house, period. With a little luck we might be able to take back the Senate too, but that will require some serious screw ups by the Obama regime. Still, it could happen. One thing I have learned is to never under-estimate the stupidity of the left ......

The left via Obama, Reid, Pelosi and others have really shown their ugly totalitarian faces, and we see who they really are and how much they hate the private sector and mean to take it over by their demonization tactics on one side and the other by their legislation that pretends to have the 'little guy' in mind.

They're LIARS, and they are in it for thier control via Government piecemeal FIAT on Government terms.

They should be rejected/resisted on every front.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer to suffer humiliating defeats to Fiscally Conservative Candidates.

Thank you!

boe

"Dear Santa Claus"? Is this the new, new GOP strategery? Yeah, go with that. Sorry Michael....go wit dat!

That's close, but I think GOP strategy is more like:

"Long shots require BIG LIES."

All demographics point to ever increasing liberal victories, despite all the noise from the right. Most probably, the condition of the country, come next November, will also be favorable to the Democrats:

The economy will be very well into a recovery.
The housing market will just start to turn around
The stock market will be up around 12,500-13,000.
The Taliban destroyed.
Unemployment will be decreasing.

The big battle now is about which bills are on the floor next October. Both sides want to time each major bill so that it's favorable to them. My opinion is: The Republicans want Energy and Immigration front and center during the election season. The Democrats want a jobs bill passed just before the election season and Banking Reform on the floor.

Which bills are front an center at the time well may enflame voter passion - as much as the Health Care bill did.

The Democrats control the agenda, but the Republicans hope to stall and stone wall to get the timing that they want.

Question:

Which legislative initiatives do you think are winners for the Republicans and which for the Democrats?

If you were a Democrat how would you order the agenda?

If you were a Republican, how would you try to get the agenda ordered?

There are Republicans who will lsoe their seats too. Namely Republicans of the George Bush John McCain Bend Over and Take It For Bipartisanship type.
The Dums know the jig is up. That's why so many have announced they aren't running.

But wait for the brain dead Left here to claim no such thing is going to happen and polls are meaningless.

So anyone who actually wants to try and work with the other side should be voted out? :cuckoo:

BHO tried to work for bipartisanship for a year with the GOP, who thumbed its collective nose at him. So the Pres showed what he can do when he gets serious: we all got the Dem version of health care reform.

I hope the Republicans hang onto with what they have in the house, provided certain incumbents are defeated in the primaries (I don't think that will happen except to Tea Party types). The GOP will gain no more than five seats if the election were held today and may lose as many ten to fifteen. The Senate should be different, the GOP picking up at least two seats.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer to suffer humiliating defeats to Fiscally Conservative Candidates.

Thank you!

boe

"Dear Santa Claus"? Is this the new, new GOP strategery? Yeah, go with that. Sorry Michael....go wit dat!

That's close, but I think GOP strategy is more like:

"Long shots require BIG LIES."

All demographics point to ever increasing liberal victories, despite all the noise from the right. Most probably, the condition of the country, come next November, will also be favorable to the Democrats:

The economy will be very well into a recovery.
The housing market will just start to turn around
The stock market will be up around 12,500-13,000.
The Taliban destroyed.
Unemployment will be decreasing.

The big battle now is about which bills are on the floor next October. Both sides want to time each major bill so that it's favorable to them. My opinion is: The Republicans want Energy and Immigration front and center during the election season. The Democrats want a jobs bill passed just before the election season and Banking Reform on the floor.

Which bills are front an center at the time well may enflame voter passion - as much as the Health Care bill did.

The Democrats control the agenda, but the Republicans hope to stall and stone wall to get the timing that they want.

Question:

Which legislative initiatives do you think are winners for the Republicans and which for the Democrats?

If you were a Democrat how would you order the agenda?

If you were a Republican, how would you try to get the agenda ordered?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfTmpZvsDN4&feature=related"]I believe in miracles.[/ame]

The Tea Party will come to the rescue and save the Democratic Party

They will force extreme candidates with right wing agendas into moderate districts.

The Tea Party was the best thing the Democrats ever devised

What Sewer Worker Winger means by extreme candiates with right wing agenda is americans.

I don't necessarily want independents I want those that will implement a conservative agenda of free market, and strong national security.

Even the Democrats have begun to acknowledge the inevitable. And really, this kind of majority is unsustainable. There are lots of Democrats who would be vulnerable just because they never should have been elected. Like that clown in Florida. Even if Democrats were set to gain seats, he would still be a looser.

Right now, the question is the level of damage. Some Republicans are having wet dreams of 100 seat gains. That is fantasy. Nancy Pelosi would be cool with a loss of 39. A win is a win.

This is still only April folks. Half a year half a year half a year onward. Onward into electoral annihilation rode the Dem Majority. One can only hope. And work to get it. Prayer would work. But don't count your chickens before the eggs are laid.
I have seen a couple of projections that give the Republicans a 10% change at controlling the Senate and a 20% to 30% chance of getting the House but midterms are six months out and a lot can happen.

I'd be happy with the House. Mr. Boe made a very valid point in a discussion we had the other night. If the GOP take back both Houses, Obama might actually be insulated enough to squeak through getting reelected in 2012.

The "Insulation Theory" or "Shell Game" or "Three-Card Monte" is what keeps our ridiculously partisan government from ever being responsible for anything.

No you don't, especially if they're Liberal.
The good thing about independents is that they are allowed to make their own decisions, not just be bullied into voting the party line, which means they may vote for bill based on their evaluation of it's merit, not just whether it has been labeled liberal or conservative.

You just described (bullying to vote the party line) the Republican Party tactics. For our area, we won't tolerate that, period, and we haven't. However, much of Red States do work this way. A continuing Democratic Congress is the only way to unseat the reactionaries.

Forum List

Back