republicans threaten workers if they dont vote for republicans

If the OP is accurate, the thing that strikes me about this is that they put the pamphlets in with the employees' checks. That's what makes me think of this as at least being in poor taste. If they gave out the pamphlets at a different time, I'd probably have no problem with it.

It doesn't sound like anything illegal, just a bad way to go about it.

If the OP is accurate, the thing that strikes me about this is that they put the pamphlets in with the employees' checks. That's what makes me think of this as at least being in poor taste. If they gave out the pamphlets at a different time, I'd probably have no problem with it.

It doesn't sound like anything illegal, just a bad way to go about it.
yup, Hanlon's razor

WASHINGTON — When workers in a McDonald’s restaurant in Canton, Ohio, opened their paychecks this month, they found a pamphlet urging them to vote for the Republican candidates for governor, Senate and Congress, or possibly face financial repercussions.

.The pamphlet appeared calculated to intimidate workers into voting for Republican candidates by making a direct reference to their wages and benefits, said Allen Schulman, a Democrat who is president of the Canton City Council and said he obtained a copy of the pamphlet on Wednesday.

The pamphlet said: “If the right people are elected, we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above the current levels. If others are elected, we will not.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/us/politics/30ohio.html

republicans wont buy votes but they will sure the hell try to force the vote

Oh for heaven's sake. There was no threat or coercion of any kind in that. All the owner was saying is that one set of policies makes it tougher on small business to make a profit and therefore tougher to pay more or provide more benefits to the employees. Another set of policies makes it easier to do that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in a private citizen sharing his or her political views with his/her employees. I have never had a boss who didn't.

Man the Democrats must be getting pretty desperate these last days before the election. They're grasping at ANYTHING to demonize anybody they think might help them.

no, i didnt
but it must be a good one
since i think he is one of the biggest pathetic PoS morons ever to run for office

Warning !!! This may cause you to Puke through your nose or bite off your tongue.

Make sure you are sitting down for this.

The Uptake: Senator Al Franken at Dayton Rally | Al Franken - U.S. Senator, Minnesota
HOLY CRAP
i didnt think it was possible for me to think LESS of the pathetic PoS
but after wasting 12 minute on his moronic drivel i do

It is truly a new low point.

Grow up. Unions do it more.

I thought it was acceptable for unions to do this kind of thing. Are you telling me it is not?

Immie

It's acceptable for unions to do it. It's not for anyone else.

That said, it was a bad move. Shouldn't have happened. It's not a threat as the OP wants us to think, but it was a bad move.

I was being sarcastic with my post, but why do you think it is acceptable for unions to do it, if it is not acceptable for others? Or were you being sarcastic as well?

Immie

WASHINGTON — When workers in a McDonald’s restaurant in Canton, Ohio, opened their paychecks this month, they found a pamphlet urging them to vote for the Republican candidates for governor, Senate and Congress, or possibly face financial repercussions.

.The pamphlet appeared calculated to intimidate workers into voting for Republican candidates by making a direct reference to their wages and benefits, said Allen Schulman, a Democrat who is president of the Canton City Council and said he obtained a copy of the pamphlet on Wednesday.

The pamphlet said: “If the right people are elected, we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above the current levels. If others are elected, we will not.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/us/politics/30ohio.html

republicans wont buy votes but they will sure the hell try to force the vote
Bones my Union sent me a letter telling me if Jerry Brown,Barbara Boxer and Loretta Sanchez,and the rest of the Democratic ticket is not elected.....i can expect financial doom.....whats the difference?....

How do you get "Republicans" out of one person? There was no actual threat made, if what is stated in the article is true.

Indeed. I'd assume the owner of the franchise?
the guy will likely face an IRS audit and possible congressional investigation

well, only if the dems manage to someone retain controls

They'll probably infiltrate with Illegal's with fake ID's and SS#'s, and set him up for a bust.

How do you get "Republicans" out of one person? There was no actual threat made, if what is stated in the article is true.

Indeed. Now I will say that if my employer enclosed something instructing me how to vote, I'd be tempted to vote the opposite. Same with union, which they did when I belonged to IBEW.

I thought it was acceptable for unions to do this kind of thing. Are you telling me it is not?

Immie

It's acceptable for unions to do it. It's not for anyone else.

That said, it was a bad move. Shouldn't have happened. It's not a threat as the OP wants us to think, but it was a bad move.

I was being sarcastic with my post, but why do you think it is acceptable for unions to do it, if it is not acceptable for others? Or were you being sarcastic as well?

Immie
Sarcasm for me. Article of faith for leftists.

And one more thing... he should not expect the Justice Department to suddenly drop the case as they did for NBPP.

Immie

Forum List

Back