republicans threaten workers if they dont vote for republicans

I was once told my job would be in jeopardy if I did not join a corporate PAC. Which included donations.

I asked the boss if his children got home safe from school.
He backed off.

this was with a Major telecom company.
if i had been your boss, and you said that to me, you would have been fired on the spot

I'm sorry, I don't see how giving out literature with facts is threatening or intimidating people. Are we threatening people when we hand out literature before they go vote?

Intimidation?

How so? I do not tell my employer who I am voting for nor do I allow him to stand over my shoulder when I vote. He can tell me all he wants. I am still going to vote for whomever I think will serve me better.

Immie

OK, its a mild form of intimidation. But it implies that people are going to lose their job if they don't vote a certain way. It is certainly poor form.

Did the company open its books to the employees? Can it show that the policies of the government threaten its existence? Because otherwise, threatening people's jobs is a form of intimidation.
more than likely this was from the local franchisee and not from Mc'D's corp
and are you saying they didnt have a right to express their opinions?

Intimidation?

How so? I do not tell my employer who I am voting for nor do I allow him to stand over my shoulder when I vote. He can tell me all he wants. I am still going to vote for whomever I think will serve me better.

Immie

OK, its a mild form of intimidation. But it implies that people are going to lose their job if they don't vote a certain way. It is certainly poor form.

Did the company open its books to the employees? Can it show that the policies of the government threaten its existence? Because otherwise, threatening people's jobs is a form of intimidation.

It probably was a local franchisee. I would be shocked if this came from HQ. McDonald's is a pretty well run company.

Nope. They have every right to express their opinion. I'm saying its intimidation UNLESS they can directly show it will cost people their jobs. Not some vague statement like "Obama is bad for business," but hard numbers.

There was an E-Mail going around that I loved. I hope I remember this right. This Corporate President was forced to do layoffs as a result of Government policies, and he was really perplexed, not knowing who to let go, until he strolled out into the parking lot and he started noticing the cars with the Hopey/Changey Bumper Stickers. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It probably was a local franchisee. I would be shocked if this came from HQ. McDonald's is a pretty well run company.

Nope. They have every right to express their opinion. I'm saying its intimidation UNLESS they can directly show it will cost people their jobs. Not some vague statement like "Obama is bad for business," but hard numbers.

Again, whose rules are those?

Intimidation?

Immie

Does the employer have to open its books to the employees?

What if they are not being honest? Not that I agree with them being dishonest, but do you believe every single political advertisement that comes in your mail? I have a rather large pile of political advertisements on the floor in my den. I've been collecting it for the last month. I can see just by looking at a few of the ads, that someone is lying to me, most likely they are all lying to me.

Democrats this... Republicans that... and all of it is somewhat intimidating.

If I had received the pamphlet discussed in the OP, it would have ended up on the floor in my den with all the other garbage until the election is over.

By the way, my wife can't wait to get rid of the crap!

Immie

actgually, if it was reported correctly, adn i'm not sure it was at this point, it only said that the current promotion scale for pay raises was in jeopardy

There was an E-Mail going around that I loved. I hope I remember this right. This Corporate President was forced to do layoffs as a result of Government policies, and he was really perplexed, not knowing who to let go, until he strolled out into the parking lot and he started noticing the cars with the Hopey/Changey Bumper Stickers. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
i think that is an urban myth

McDonald's has both Franchise owned stores and company owned stores.

The Emperors New Clothes is a Myth, well a Fairy Tale anyway, so what. :lol: All it takes is one voice, one mind, to effect change. How many Union's teach their members to hate the source of their Paychecks? I know more than a few.

The Emperors New Clothes is a Myth, well a Fairy Tale anyway, so what. :lol: All it takes is one voice, one mind, to effect change. How many Union's teach their members to hate the source of their Paychecks? I know more than a few.
i know
but i doubt that one ever happened

i know
but i doubt that one ever happened

I doubt most of those kind of E-Mails, that one would be a good Idea for a Hallmark Movie...... Wait .... they did that already with that Christmas Village movie. .... Remember how it ended with that Sweat Shop Idea????:lol:

WASHINGTON — When workers in a McDonald’s restaurant in Canton, Ohio, opened their paychecks this month, they found a pamphlet urging them to vote for the Republican candidates for governor, Senate and Congress, or possibly face financial repercussions.

.The pamphlet appeared calculated to intimidate workers into voting for Republican candidates by making a direct reference to their wages and benefits, said Allen Schulman, a Democrat who is president of the Canton City Council and said he obtained a copy of the pamphlet on Wednesday.

The pamphlet said: “If the right people are elected, we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above the current levels. If others are elected, we will not.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/us/politics/30ohio.html

republicans wont buy votes but they will sure the hell try to force the vote
the reporters bias shows in the article
saying that financial repercussions will happen is not a threat it is a reality
the plans the dems have been doing has stifled expansion and nearly destroyed any incentive to start a new business
if they make it too expensive to operate, businesses WILL close

It's intimidation.

And when Obama talks about the Car and the Ditch, or about how People would die if we didn't pass Health Care. That wasn't intimidation?

Obama and his people are out there scaring the hell out of the elderly and people on assistance with distortions of what Republicans want to do, and you cry about this one mailer. lol

the plans the dems have been doing has stifled expansion and nearly destroyed any incentive to start a new business

It's intimidation.

And when Obama talks about the Car and the Ditch, or about how People would die if we didn't pass Health Care. That wasn't intimidation?

Obama and his people are out there scaring the hell out of the elderly and people on assistance with distortions of what Republicans want to do, and you cry about this one mailer. lol

Did you hear Al Franken on that car in the ditch thing? :eek:

It's intimidation.

the car in the ditch one is stupid to begin with
if you DRIVE into a ditch, you dont DRIVE out

It's intimidation.

no, i didnt
but it must be a good one
since i think he is one of the biggest pathetic PoS morons ever to run for office

no, i didnt
since i think he is one of the biggest pathetic PoS morons ever to run for office

Warning !!! This may cause you to Puke through your nose or bite off your tongue.

Make sure you are sitting down for this.

The Uptake: Senator Al Franken at Dayton Rally | Al Franken - U.S. Senator, Minnesota

It's intimidation.

Oh, and for eight years we didn't have to endure how the country was going to be under attack if we didn't follow Bush and the Republican Party lock-step in the War on Terror? FFS give your head a shake! That's politics. It's what politicians do. The Republican Party is many multiples ahead of the Democrats in the politics of fear.

no, i didnt

Warning !!! This may cause you to Puke through your nose or bite off your tongue.

Make sure you are sitting down for this.

The Uptake: Senator Al Franken at Dayton Rally | Al Franken - U.S. Senator, Minnesota
HOLY CRAP
i didnt think it was possible for me to think LESS of the pathetic PoS
but after wasting 12 minute on his moronic drivel i do

Forum List

Back