republicans threaten workers if they dont vote for republicans

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
WASHINGTON — When workers in a McDonald’s restaurant in Canton, Ohio, opened their paychecks this month, they found a pamphlet urging them to vote for the Republican candidates for governor, Senate and Congress, or possibly face financial repercussions.

.The pamphlet appeared calculated to intimidate workers into voting for Republican candidates by making a direct reference to their wages and benefits, said Allen Schulman, a Democrat who is president of the Canton City Council and said he obtained a copy of the pamphlet on Wednesday.

The pamphlet said: “If the right people are elected, we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above the current levels. If others are elected, we will not.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/us/politics/30ohio.html

republicans wont buy votes but they will sure the hell try to force the vote

How do you get "Republicans" out of one person? There was no actual threat made, if what is stated in the article is true.

There was a threat made. However not like the OP wants you to think. They were not saying vote for us or we will hurt you. They are saying vote for us or the Democrats are going to hurt you.

I was once told my job would be in jeopardy if I did not join a corporate PAC. Which included donations.

I asked the boss if his children got home safe from school.
He backed off.

this was with a Major telecom company.

Last edited:
Don't really see a threat there. I mean how on earth can they threaten someone when all somone has to do is say yeah i voted for them whether or not they actually did?

There are certain facts though, if Congress doesn't seriously change, we will be in alot of pain. But then we may be in for pain regardless.

WASHINGTON — When workers in a McDonald’s restaurant in Canton, Ohio, opened their paychecks this month, they found a pamphlet urging them to vote for the Republican candidates for governor, Senate and Congress, or possibly face financial repercussions.

.The pamphlet appeared calculated to intimidate workers into voting for Republican candidates by making a direct reference to their wages and benefits, said Allen Schulman, a Democrat who is president of the Canton City Council and said he obtained a copy of the pamphlet on Wednesday.

The pamphlet said: “If the right people are elected, we will be able to continue with raises and benefits at or above the current levels. If others are elected, we will not.”

There something about that little inconvenient thing called the truth. Do you think that some business will stay a float with the democrats in charge? Hell with that I would fire everybody with a democrat bumper sticker on their car.

the reporters bias shows in the article
saying that financial repercussions will happen is not a threat it is a reality
the plans the dems have been doing has stifled expansion and nearly destroyed any incentive to start a new business
if they make it too expensive to operate, businesses WILL close

I was once told my job would be in jeopardy if I did not join a corporate PAC. Which included donations.

I asked the boss if his children got home safe from school.
He backed off.

this was with a Major telecom company.

I think you made that story up, but if you didn't, it sounds like you're never far from lots of things that put your job in jeopardy.

the plans the dems have been doing has stifled expansion and nearly destroyed any incentive to start a new business

It's intimidation.

It's intimidation.

I admire the way SEIU intimidates people who confront them and try and demonstrate at their rallies.

I think Republicans should play by those rules when it comes to moveon.org.

It's intimidation.

How is someone intimidated by getting literature?

How is it intimidation to let people know the facts that if government isn't significantly changed that there will be no more money for jobs?

Forum List

Back