Republicans, the military & the budget

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
It occurred to me that the majority of today's Repubs are life-long, civilians yet they seemingly are wont to address the budget of a Department, of which I was once employed for 4 years, at the expense of all other departments (plus Energy if any Perry supporters are reading this ;) ) This is a Dept that was said was too big to even audit. I say git 'r done. Add to this the conservatives zeal for starting wars, witnessed during the last Republicorp debate. Have they STILL not learned anything? :eusa_eh:

benson.gif
[/URL]

The last Repub Pres "broke the bank" through optional war, tax-cuts DURING said war, and an unpaid-for trillion $ Rx bill. Why the need for all of this sabre-rattling by the party of civilians when it is the one of the primary culprits for our current econ situation?:

# Mitch McConnell, the current Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: did not serve.
# Bill Frist,, the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: did not serve.
# Trent Lott, the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee" He defeated tripelegic Democratic war hero Max Cleland by questioning his patriotism!
* Don Nickles: did not serve.
* Rick Santorum: did not serve.
* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments, to teach business.
* Richard Shelby: did not serve.
# Phil Gramm: did not serve.
# Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
# Jon Kyl: did not serve.
# John Engler: did not serve.
# William Cohen (who became Sec. of Defense for Clinton): did not serve.
# Newt Gingrich – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Majority Leader Dick Armey – avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader Tom Delay – avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader John A. Boehner – did not serve.
# Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL for 8 years.
* G.O.P. Leader Roy Blunt: did not serve.
* Bob Ney: did not serve.
* David Dreier: did not serve.
* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
* Christopher Cox: did not serve.
# JC Watts: did not serve.
# Vin Weber: did not serve.
# Bob Barr: did not serve.
# Mark Souder: did not serve.
# Katherine Harris: did not serve. .
# Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, and since presidential candidate: did not serve.
# Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.
# Marc F. Racicot, former Montana governor and attorney general, Bush reelection chairman and former head of the Republican National Committee
# Kenneth Starr : sought deferment (for psoriasis).
# Bill Bennett : sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Ted Olson, (Starr's assistant, and since Solictor General)

Last edited:
Which branch did the current CiC serve in?

Ohhhh, that's right. He didn't either.

But, Biden did.

Ohhhh, no.

Pelosi... she served...... no.

Hmmm. Tricky shit this... making accusations against one party that apply equally to the other.

Dot Com. Jack Shit Stupid.

They aren't the ones who have held the bloated Pentagon funding as sancrosanct idiot

Last edited:
Here's a couple more chickenhawks;

# Rush Limbaugh – sought deferment (because of a cyst on his tail end).
# (Rush's conservative brother) David Limbaugh: did not serve.

# George Will – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Pat Buchanan – sought deferment (for bad knee).
# Pat Robertson – his US Senator father got him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
* Sean Hannity: did not serve.
* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
* Matt Drudge: did not serve.

* Steve Forbes: did not serve.
* Tony Snow: did not serve.
* Michael "Savage" Weiner: did not serve.
* Brit Hume: did not serve.
* Roger Ailes: did not serve
* Neil Boortz : did not serve.
# Paul Gigot: did not serve.
# Bill Kristol: did not serve.
# Ralph Reed: did not serve.
# Michael Medved: did not serve.
# Charlie Daniels: did not serve.
# Anne Coulter: did not serve.
# Jerry Falwell: did not serve.
# Alan Keyes : did not serve.
# Ted Nugent: did not serve.

They aren't the ones who have held the bloated Pentagon funding as sancrosanct idiot

So, you're "argument" is that only people who have served can hold the bloated Pentagon funding as sacrosanct? Seriously, that's what you're gonna go with?

Oh well. If you insist. :lol:

Using your logical progression I would not be able to support funding a fire department because I am not, and have never been a fire-fighter.

Nice logical fallacy though.

Using your logical progression I would not be able to support funding a fire department because I am not, and have never been a fire-fighter.

Logic is not Dotty's strength... but, hey, he served so that gives him an automatic "everything I say is right" card.

I hope he's smart enough to see how jack shit stupid he is.... but I doubt it.

And, whatever you do, don't mention the amount of money that is going from the military budget into pork projects in Democrat districts. Just Do Not Talk About That.

If you hit dot with logic Marty, it won't register.

So, you're "argument" is that only people who have served can hold the bloated Pentagon funding as sacrosanct? Seriously, that's what you're gonna go with?

Once again the OP does over CaliphonyGirl's head. Twas ever thus :rolleyes:

Gotta love it...I wonder some times if people like Dot stop to think for a moment before they pull this nonsense off some silly internet web site.

Once again the OP does over CaliphonyGirl's head. Twas ever thus :rolleyes:

Twas ever thus? Gee, Dottie...channeling your best Keith Olbermann much?

Oh, and BTW there were 115 dems in Congress who voted for the Iraq war.

Based on what? The *cough* "intel" from Feith out of the Pentagon? :eusa_eh: :clap2: :lol:

Douglas J. Feith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Feith joined the administration of President George W. Bush as Undersecretary of Defense for Policy in 2001. His appointment was facilitated by connections he had with other neoconservatives, including Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz. With his new appointment in hand, Feith proved influential in having Richard Perle chosen as chairman of the Defense Policy Board. [5]Feith was criticized during the first term of the Bush administration for creating the Office of Strategic Influence.This department came into existence to help with the War on Terror. The office's aim was to influence policymakers by submitting biased news stories into the foreign media. Douglas Feith played a significant role in the build up to the Iraq war

General Tommy Franks, who led both the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan and the Iraq War, once called Feith "the dumbest fucking guy on the planet."

Last edited:
Add to this the conservatives zeal for starting wars,

1) if true you would not be so afraid name even one war we started

2) wars occur because our liberals have always supported strong central government tyrants world wide.

Forum List

Back