Republicans: the blame goes on.....

No way a President gets re-elected with the record Obama had...
But there were special considerations here...
This is our life in ObamaWorld.

No one could end poverty. It can't be done. Poverty is relative. You are only as poor as someone else is rich. To the poor of the world, the poor in the US are wealthy beyond comprehension. If the world were billionaires, the mere millionaires would be in poverty.

[..]

Republicans lost because they misjudged the public. They thought that there was enough people who wanted to work to elect them. That day has come and gone. We are now a nation of majority leeches who will leech until they kill the host.

Your comment on poverty is so stupid no reply could properly address that level of dumbness. As for your leeches comment you show why the republicans failed, it is the blue states that contribute the most to the leeches of the red states. That is fact.

It would seem even the republican partisans on usmb haven't a clue why they lost? The primaries showed the party for what it was, and Romney acted out the part. Trouble was the act was unacceptable even with a poor economy.

I see the republicans still haven't figured out why they lost. Instead of figuring that out they blame so and so, or claim cheating, or .... but if truth be known there is a simple reason they lost and it had much to so with the primaries. The primaries showed the republicans for who they were deep down, at their core, and it was not a pretty place. There could be no etch a sketch moment for there was too much baggage to erase. Today, still, you see them as they showed themselves during the primaries, and today Americans according to recent surveys see them too.
We didn't lose. We are fellow citizens with in the support and distribution of the Nation's laws and assets, and we prefer to err on the side of caution and paying down the national debt.

Take some time off. Enjoy the Holidays if you can.

I see the republicans still haven't figured out why they lost. Instead of figuring that out they blame so and so, or claim cheating, or .... but if truth be known there is a simple reason they lost and it had much to so with the primaries. The primaries showed the republicans for who they were deep down, at their core, and it was not a pretty place. There could be no etch a sketch moment for there was too much baggage to erase. Today, still, you see them as they showed themselves during the primaries, and today Americans according to recent surveys see them too.

Laughable considering Obama is the Blamer-in-Chief.

:lol:
I do think Republicans won back the house, NO?
and Romney damn neared kicked Obama to the curb, 47% to 50%, but it's REPUBLICANS who need to figure out why they lost.

you Democrats really need to do some soul searching in wondering how you damn near lost the Presidency with Obama after only four years...

or just keep living in some alternate universe

and Romney damn neared kicked Obama to the curb, 47% to 50%, but it's REPUBLICANS who need to figure out why they lost.

you Democrats really need to do some soul searching in wondering how you damn near lost the Presidency with Obama after only four years...

the latino vote was the killer. had they even gone 60% - 40% romney would have won.

the latino vote was the killer. had they even gone 60% - 40% romney would have won.
So true, and those Latinos who are in business or traders will come to realize they made a big mistake. Because if things keep going the way they have, more businesses will be going under, and things will be just like they are in Mexico. They will be thinking they might as well be enjoying the warmer weather and delicious Mexican candy than to try to be their own boss here where every little item is looked over by overseers in the gummint that is taking America and Americans out one cut, one bite at a time.

The question folks is given the economy and maybe a billion dollars of ads Romney still lost. Why. And please stop with these excuses, own up to the fact you lost when republicans were crowing about their presumed win. It was more than the Hispanic vote; it could really be that America is finally waking up. As I noted up front the primaries were the picture of who you are. It was that picture that was rejected. The culture of entitlement among republicans is hopefully over, let's hope America returns to all Americans.

"A final word on politics. As in economics nothing is certain save the certainty that there will be firm prediction by those who do not know. It is possible that in some election, near or far, a presidential candidate will emerge in the United States determined to draw into the campaign those not now impelled to vote. Conceivably those so attracted - those who are not threatened by higher taxes and who are encouraged by the vision of a new governing community committed to the rescue of the cities and the impacted underclass - could outnumber those lost because of the resulting invasion of contentment. If this happens the effort would succeed." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Culture of Contentment'

The question folks is given the economy and maybe a billion dollars of ads Romney still lost. Why. And please stop with these excuses, own up to the fact you lost when republicans were crowing about their presumed win. It was more than the Hispanic vote; it could really be that America is finally waking up. As I noted up front the primaries were the picture of who you are. It was that picture that was rejected. The culture of entitlement among republicans is hopefully over, let's hope America returns to all Americans.

"A final word on politics. As in economics nothing is certain save the certainty that there will be firm prediction by those who do not know. It is possible that in some election, near or far, a presidential candidate will emerge in the United States determined to draw into the campaign those not now impelled to vote. Conceivably those so attracted - those who are not threatened by higher taxes and who are encouraged by the vision of a new governing community committed to the rescue of the cities and the impacted underclass - could outnumber those lost because of the resulting invasion of contentment. If this happens the effort would succeed." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Culture of Contentment'

:lmao: Good one. "The culture of entitlement among republicans is hopefully over"

:lmao: Love it! :lmao:

Maybe Someday We will Each have control over the contents of Our Own Wallets again, huh. Just Imagine the concept of Private Property, for both rich and poor. Amazing, huh. ;)

:lmao: Good one. "The culture of entitlement among republicans is hopefully over"

:lmao: Love it! :lmao:

Maybe Someday We will Each have control over the contents of Our Own Wallets again, huh. Just Imagine the concept of Private Property, for both rich and poor. Amazing, huh. ;)
Yep. It's projection in overdrive.

oh boy, a Utopia

Your opinion takes no account of the 50+% of people who stayed home in 2012....Therefore, the sample group from which you base your opinion is incomplete, at best, if not completely worthless.

But your opinion is worth something? I think I see the problem here. :cool:

One of the most fascinating aspects of the republican loss is their complete inability to see why or even to see themselves. The republicans felt - more than felt - entitled to the presidency. They could never figure out their loss to Clinton and thus spent millions and much time trying to defeat him. Investigation after investigation was their tool, impeachment their hope. When you think that you are entitled to rule, not because of what you have accomplished, but just entitled to governmental power, democracies have a way of defeating your assumptions. Plutocracies are only nice for the entitled and privileged. But in 2008 it happened again, 2010 lead them to believe all was not lost and 12 would put them back where they rightfully belonged.

For republican voters the conservative entitlement state is turned on its head. It isn't the rich who exploit our capitalistic system but the poor, sick, and aged who do so. It's Christianity in reverse. I've often provided links on how money and corporations have managed this mythical mental feat so I'll leave most of that out of this post. Republicans don't read anything that challenges the bubble they live in anyway. People see the world through a filter that often requires some major tragedy or experience before the view changes. But since I try to back up my words with words and evidence from others I leave you embittered and entitled souls, should I be mean and say losers, with these pieces of reality. Merry Christmas.

"The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer...Economist Dean Baker debunks the myth that conservatives favor the market over government intervention. In fact, conservatives rely on a range of “nanny state” policies that ensure the rich get richer while leaving most Americans worse off. It’s time for the rules to change. Sound economic policy should harness the market in ways that produce desirable social outcomes – decent wages, good jobs and affordable health care." The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer

This is where the policies of entitlement have lead us.

"Wealth inequality. This is now at levels unprecedented in modern history, the greatest gap between rich and poor since the Great Depression. The Occupy movement's "one-percent" rhetoric is easy to deride, and their lack of concrete policy easy to dismiss, but there is no arguing with the numbers, Taking the extreme but leading example of the United States, one finds that the richest fifth of the population controls 85% of the country's wealth, while the poorest fifth controls an amount so much lower than one percent that it registers statistically as zero. Despite these facts, people remain confused about the realities of wealth distribution: in surveys a majority of Americans regularly report their belief that the top quintile controls only 60%, and further reported that the fair figure would be closer to 35%-that is, fully 50 points below the actual distribution, and against a background of commitment to free enterprise, individual effort, and success." Mark Kingwell 'Unruly Voices: Essays on Democracy, Civility and the Human Imagination'

"The GOP dreams of a world in which the very rich arrogate to themselves the vast wealth a capitalist economy produces, an outcome made possible by rules, regulations, and practices they devise; given the force of law thanks to “representatives” they usher into office courtesy of a political system they have bought; and sanctified by an activist Supreme Court they have installed. It’s a vicious economic-political noose that threatens to tighten the grip on democracy and make it yield to the slightest pressure from its masters. Republicans must rule the country they profit from, even pillage, while the rest are to be marginalized and dismissed, essentially foreigners in their own land. Those who think Romney and the GOP live in the 1950s may need to reset their calendars. They’re not nearly so modern." Steven Johnston The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Imperium

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

For republican voters the conservative entitlement state is turned on its head. It isn't the rich who exploit our capitalistic system but the poor, sick, and aged who do so. It's Christianity in reverse. I've often provided links on how money and corporations have managed this mythical mental feat so I'll leave most of that out of this post. Republicans don't read anything that challenges the bubble they live in anyway. People see the world through a filter that often requires some major tragedy or experience before the view changes. But since I try to back up my words with words and evidence from others I leave you embittered and entitled souls, should I be mean and say losers, with these pieces of reality. Merry Christmas.

"The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer...Economist Dean Baker debunks the myth that conservatives favor the market over government intervention. In fact, conservatives rely on a range of “nanny state” policies that ensure the rich get richer while leaving most Americans worse off. It’s time for the rules to change. Sound economic policy should harness the market in ways that produce desirable social outcomes – decent wages, good jobs and affordable health care." The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer

This is where the policies of entitlement have lead us. ...

So, you're finally figuring this shit out. This is what we've been complaining about all along. When you advocate government with the power to grant entitlements to special interest groups who you think "deserve it", that power will be co-opted by those who don't - those who have the power and influence to manipulate the "policies of entitlement" to their own ends.

No one could end poverty. It can't be done. Poverty is relative. You are only as poor as someone else is rich. To the poor of the world, the poor in the US are wealthy beyond comprehension. If the world were billionaires, the mere millionaires would be in poverty.

When the great philosophers of the past envisioned their own Utopias where there was no rich or poor, they all concluded that equality would require an oppression of the people so great that the people would ultimately rebel against it.

Republicans lost because they misjudged the public. They thought that there was enough people who wanted to work to elect them. That day has come and gone. We are now a nation of majority leeches who will leech until they kill the host.

Just because you keep repeating this doesn't mean it is going to come true. Many of the so called leeches vote for the GOP.

most of the so-called leeches vote GOP...

or red states wouldn't take more than they pay into the system.

but she's a compulsive liar... so whatchagonnado?

Your opinion takes no account of the 50+% of people who stayed home in 2012....Therefore, the sample group from which you base your opinion is incomplete, at best, if not completely worthless.

they always stay home...

and they're irrelevant BECAUSE they stay at home. do you think they'd miraculously vote for who you want them to if they left their houses?

you want to change it? do here what they do in the antipodes and have elections on a sunday and fine people who don't vote.

Last edited:

And yet, the Republicans do everything in their power to ensure that 50% of voters stay home

Another piece of the puzzle of the fall of the republican party. When this is your base you are in trouble. Santorum in 2016.

"[Republicans] can’t win with a base that is at war with math, physics, human biology, economics and common-sense gun laws all at the same time." Thomas L. Friedman http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/opinion/sunday/friedman-send-in-the-clowns.html

"Do you know how troubled this party is? Two weeks ago, the former G.O.P. Senate majority leader Bob Dole, a great American, went to the Senate floor in his wheelchair to show his support for Senate ratification of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of People With Disabilities. Nevertheless, the bill failed to win the two-thirds needed for ratification, because only eight Republicans dared to join Democrats in support of the treaty, which was negotiated and signed by George W. Bush! It essentially requires other countries to improve to our level of protection for the disabled, without requiring us to change any laws. It has already been ratified by 126 countries. But it failed in the Senate because Rick Santorum managed to convince the G.O.P. base that the treaty would threaten U.S. “sovereignty.” Santorum stopped just short of warning that space aliens would take over our country if we ratified the treaty."

Forum List

Back