Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

The majority of the Tea Party is from the South. Especially Texas and Louisiana.

True, but I would not call any of it's leaders dixiecrats. Rubio and Cruz appear, to me, to be real deal conservatives. Rubio more so, in so far as I believe him when he speaks. Cruz is a lawyer a bit to slick for me. I don't get a good feeling about him.

Nobody has established any real distinction between ''real deal conservatives'' and Dixiecrats.

Yeah, it's amazing how people aren't willing to waste time defining simple words for you just because you're too fucking lazy and stupid to go look them up. Just disgraceful.

Buy a dictionary, butt nugget. Or if you spent all your welfare on Boone's Farm already and can't afford one, go to a library. They have whole shelves full of them, PLUS handy librarians to read them for you.

When did we become a democracy? Last time I checked, I could have SWORN we were a republic. Where was I when that changed?

We are a Republic. That means that we don't have a monarch.

Democracy refers to how we make decisions. Voting. Majority rules. That's how we, the people, elect representatives. That’s how our representatives pass laws. That’s how SCOTUS makes Constitutionality decisions.

We are a Constitutional representative democratic Republic.

Nice try, Punkin, but no soap. We're not a true democracy, never have been, and have never been intended to be. And no matter how much you like to mouth that particular buzz word to jazz up the low-info voters, I really doubt we ever will be.

We are a representative democracy a fact denied by wrong information voters, Fox addicts who have been instructed to end majority rule because they like minority rule better. No tyranny for me, thank you very much.

Thing English language is not for you to redefine.

Why do people think that being a republic and being a democracy are mutually exclusive?

Good question. I have no idea. Must be someone told them and they believed it without checking it out.

Yeah, the people who told me that would be our Founding Fathers, who - despite the left's utterly undeserved sense of superiority - were entire orders of magnitude wiser than anything running around gabbling in politics today, and who deeply and profoundly feared the mob rule of democracy, and proudly gave us a republic instead.

FYI, you might want to save your reverent chanting of "democracy!" as though it's some sort of holy talisman, automatically assumed and accepted by everyone as a good thing, for the low-info voters. Doesn't really work around here.

Nobody is arguing that we are not a republic. Most countries in the world today are. It means that we don't have a monarch.

Democracy is how we make decisions.

LOL Dixecrats LOL Stop trying to pass your racist past on to us Democrats...YOU created the KKK You were the confederate slave owners YOU made Jim Crow laws YOU attempt genocide with abortion YOU enslave with welfare YOU make schools in black districts worse and thus them more stupid.

Southern Democrats were not the same as modern day democrats. The only reason they voted democrat was because they didn't want to elect the party of Lincoln.

Is that right, Professor Dipshit? So tell me, what were those old-timey Democrats before the "party of Lincoln", which you claim was their ONLY reason for voting Democrat THAT time around, came into existence? And please do - since you're such a historical expert - be prepared to show proof of this sudden shift in party membership.

It's not up to anyone here to teach you history. If you weren't interested enough in 9th grade to learn, that's your problem.

As much as I hate to say it, PMZ's point does have some merit. While there are plenty of dixiecrats in the democrat party, down here in the republican states quite a few of the RINOs are quite litterally ex dixiecrat liberals who simply switched hats and claimed to now be republicans so that they could infiltrate and hold power over republican states. For example, Governor Perry is a Dixiecrat. Comes from a long family of KKK members. Was a democrat right up to the day Bush hired him as Lt. Governor for Texas. Boom, hey guys I'm a republican now.

While Rick used to be a Democratic, he actually switched to the GOP (or at least announced the switch) LONG before you claim he did: September 29, 1989.

He didn't become Lt. Governor until early 1999.

But you understand that you're still working on the clearly-outdated notion that words still mean things, right? Dixiecrat USED to be a word with the specific meaning of "a member of the Dixiecrat Party (States' Rights Party)". Now, according to these chuckleheads, it has no meaning at all, other than a vague notion of "someone who used to be a Democrat and is now a Republican".

Under the ACTUAL meaning of the word - now only recognized by boringly pedantic people with educations - Governor Perry couldn't possibly be, or ever have been, a Dixiecrat, because he's not old enough. But fuck that. Who needs to have words mean things, just because we're having a debate?

In modern language ''Dixiecrat''and ''Southern Democrat'' are used interchangeably to refer to southerners who migrated from the Democrat to the Republican parties in response to LBJs push to give everyone the same rights. The beginning of the rise of the Democrats and the eventual fall of the Republicans.

Ever since that migration Republicans have had a great deal of trouble governing and also telling the truth. Look up Lee Atwater some time. The mentor of Karl Rove and a leader of the demise of legitimate Republican politics.

We are a Republic. That means that we don't have a monarch.

Democracy refers to how we make decisions. Voting. Majority rules. That's how we, the people, elect representatives. That’s how our representatives pass laws. That’s how SCOTUS makes Constitutionality decisions.

We are a Constitutional representative democratic Republic.

Nice try, Punkin, but no soap. We're not a true democracy, never have been, and have never been intended to be. And no matter how much you like to mouth that particular buzz word to jazz up the low-info voters, I really doubt we ever will be.

We are a representative democracy a fact denied by wrong information voters, Fox addicts who have been instructed to end majority rule because they like minority rule better. No tyranny for me, thank you very much.

Clearly, THE English language is not for YOU to speak. :eusa_whistle:

True, but I would not call any of it's leaders dixiecrats. Rubio and Cruz appear, to me, to be real deal conservatives. Rubio more so, in so far as I believe him when he speaks. Cruz is a lawyer a bit to slick for me. I don't get a good feeling about him.

Nobody has established any real distinction between ''real deal conservatives'' and Dixiecrats.

Yeah, it's amazing how people aren't willing to waste time defining simple words for you just because you're too fucking lazy and stupid to go look them up. Just disgraceful.

Buy a dictionary, butt nugget. Or if you spent all your welfare on Boone's Farm already and can't afford one, go to a library. They have whole shelves full of them, PLUS handy librarians to read them for you.

I think that you are the best example yet here of a wrong information voter product of Fox News.

Have you ever been on Jimmy Kimmel's man on the street segment and asked who is buried in Grant's Tomb? I think I saw you. Tough question for you.

Clearly, THE English language is not for YOU to speak. :eusa_whistle:

I can't think of anyone whose language arts opinions mean less than yours.

New Topics

Forum List

Back