Republicans Surging Back

I love how the republicans borrowed at will and have nothing to show for it. 5 Trillion in republican debt and what do we have to show for it??
The republicans forced us into a recession with a plunging housing market, stock market losing 50%, unemployment skyrocketing.........then turned to Obama and said "fix it"

Now the rules change all of a sudden and debt is once again important to republicans. They want Obama to fix the crisis they created, but will not let him spend money to do so
hey, dumb fuck, did any dems vote for that spending?
if so, they are just as responsible
and since the GOP didnt have the majorities the dems enjoy now, then SOME had to

rightwinger is a dope!!!!
Seems they forgot who one of the players was that authorized the war in Iraq!!!

THE DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED SENATE!!!!!

Lets see who the "dope" is. Republicans controlled the House, Senate and Whitehouse when Bush invaded Iraq.

Wrong answer pinhead!!!!
phead_reg.jpg

Obama simply repeated - with ample help from the mainstream media, that McCain was simply more Bush - he added some generic Hope n Change rhetoric that said little to nothing in the way of specifics, and then won, as did a number of other Dems.

People like me, who had never voted for a Democrat prior to voting for Obama were also simply fed up with not only Bush, but the Republicans in Congress who were SUPPOSED to be fiscally responsible, but acted more like liberals for the past 8 years with our money.

I'm confused. You were pissed off at the Republicans for acting like liberals, so you . . . what? Thought the real liberals would somehow be better?

rightwinger is a dope!!!!
Seems they forgot who one of the players was that authorized the war in Iraq!!!

THE DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED SENATE!!!!!

Lets see who the "dope" is. Republicans controlled the House, Senate and Whitehouse when Bush invaded Iraq.

youre a complete dick

JD Hayworth gave the dems the opportunity to bring the troops home when he pushed for a vote to immedialty bring them home, youre fucking dem heroes showed what lying sacks of shit they are as they voted AGAINST bringing the troops home you stupid ignorant fuck.

J.D. Hayworth Led Charge That Exposed Dems' War Hypocrisy

Who was it who came up with the brilliant political strategy that called on Democrats Friday to put up or shut up on their Iraq war complaints?

None other than Arizona Republican Rep. J.D. Hayworth, whose push for a full House vote on Rep. John Murtha's call for an immediate pullout had Democrats first squirming, then fuming that it was unfair for the GOP to call their bluff.

The result: a 403 to 3 rout that turned the tables on the chorus of complainers - and had Republicans cheering that finally someone had figured out how to use their congressional majority effectively.

Well...looky here!!!!!
WASHINGTON — Congress has given President Bush the authority to use military force against Iraq in a major policy victory for the White House.

The Senate approved the measure 77-23 early Friday morning at the end of a rocky week-long debate. The House voted for the resolution Thursday afternoon, 296-133.

Because the Democratic-led Senate approved the House version of the measure without changing a word, it now goes directly to Bush for his signature.

The resolution gives Bush the power to use American military force to enforce existing United Nations Security Council mandates that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein dispose of his weapons of mass destruction.

It encourages Bush to seek U.N. cooperation in such a campaign, but does not require it.

Damn.....those pesky facts.
FOXNews.com - Congress Approves Iraq Resolution - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I have heard similar confessions from those like you professing to never have voted Democrat before "until Obama" - but if they disliked the inherent liberalism of the Democrats before - what in God's name did Obama offer that was nothing if not MORE of that same distasteful liberalism?

The answer is nothing - except the color of his skin of course...

I recommend you back off on your racist remarks with me, sir. You are out of line as you do not know me in the least. However, to answer your question, what I saw in Obama was a chance to STOP spending my tax dollars to bomb the shit out of other countries, only to spend more of my tax dollars to help them rebuild what we blew up. Obama wanted to focus our spending efforts on the US for a change, and I like that.

Oh, so it wasn't excessive spending you didn't like. It was that it wasn't going for your social programs.

Why am I not buying this "I never voted for a Democrat before" line?

Well...looky here!!!!!
WASHINGTON — Congress has given President Bush the authority to use military force against Iraq in a major policy victory for the White House.

The Senate approved the measure 77-23 early Friday morning at the end of a rocky week-long debate. The House voted for the resolution Thursday afternoon, 296-133.

Because the Democratic-led Senate approved the House version of the measure without changing a word, it now goes directly to Bush for his signature.

The resolution gives Bush the power to use American military force to enforce existing United Nations Security Council mandates that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein dispose of his weapons of mass destruction.

It encourages Bush to seek U.N. cooperation in such a campaign, but does not require it.

Damn.....those pesky facts.
FOXNews.com - Congress Approves Iraq Resolution - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
wait for for it

"Faux spews is lyin"

In the 1996 and 1998 elections, Republicans lost Congressional seats but still retained control of the House and, more narrowly, the Senate. After the 2000 election, the Senate was divided evenly between the parties, with Republicans retaining the right to organize the Senate due to the election of Dick Cheney as Vice President and ex officio presiding officer of the Senate. The Senate shifted to control by the Democrats (though they technically were the plurality party as they were one short of a majority) after GOP senator Jim Jeffords changed party registration to "Independent" in June 2001, but later returned to Republican control after the November 2002 elections.

Iraq invasion took place in March 2003 when Republicans were in complete control...
So lets do a tally of who the "dopes" are.....
Patek Phillipe
DiveCon

In the 1996 and 1998 elections, Republicans lost Congressional seats but still retained control of the House and, more narrowly, the Senate. After the 2000 election, the Senate was divided evenly between the parties, with Republicans retaining the right to organize the Senate due to the election of Dick Cheney as Vice President and ex officio presiding officer of the Senate. The Senate shifted to control by the Democrats (though they technically were the plurality party as they were one short of a majority) after GOP senator Jim Jeffords changed party registration to "Independent" in June 2001, but later returned to Republican control after the November 2002 elections.

Iraq invasion took place in March 2003 when Republicans were in complete control...
Patek Phillipe
DiveCon
the vote was in 2002 you dumbfuck

Patek Phillipe
DiveCon

Look stupid.....are you too fricken blind to see that Congress had to AUTHORIZE the Iraq invasion?
Now...answer that question...here_________

OK....now...who was the controlling party in the Senate at the time of the Iraq war resolution was on the calender and approved..answer that question here.._________________

Look. we know you are a simpleton, incapable of reading at the 3rd grade level and afraid to use words with more than 2 syllables..... but give it a shot skippy.....

Last edited:
OK...
Lets examine what the republicans have done for us:
1. Ran up a 5 Trillion dollar deficit- This deficit paid for two wars and major tax cuts for the wealthy
2. Started two wars
3. Destroyed the economy- Crashed the housing and stock market, devalued the dollar, sent unemployment into a nosedive, initiated a recession
4. Blocked healthcare
5. Destroyed the environment
6. Destroyed the US reputation and trust around the globe

The republicans created a mess with everything they touched and laugh that Obama has been unable to fix the mess they created. Meanwhile, economy looks like it is reversing. Healthcare will be passed and the republicans are still on the outside looking in

This might shock you, so perhaps you should sit down, if you aren't already. Here it comes: history didn't begin with George W. Bush's inauguration. The world, and the United States, existed before that. The deficit did not magically appear out of a previously-balanced budget, and the war with terrorists existed long before the Bush Administration (I have no idea what second war you're referring to).

In addition, the government doesn't control the economy (or it didn't before Obama), and what meddling it did that damaged the housing market was a result of the Clinton Administration (see the previously-mentioned "world existed before Bush" issue). And I think you've got some thanking to do of the Democrats who were cheering on a recession for years before it started.

As for "blocked healthcare", bullshit. Insofar as they didn't give lazy, freeloading pieces of shit like you a free pass to rob the rest of us blind, good for them. As far as keeping you from actually getting healthcare, don't I wish, because then I might not be having to read your bilge.

Destroyed the environment? Bullshit again. Destroyed the US's reputation? Only numbnuts like you sit around thinking international diplomacy is some sort of "Miss Congeniality" contest where you're supposed to make slacker, marginalized dirtclods masquerading as nations "like" us. Adults know that any time other countries "like" us, it's because we're acting against our own best interests. Duhhh.

It's hard to believe a Republican surge. What ideas have the 'R' candidates expressed which would cause a voter to consider casting a vote their way?
I believe the Republican Party is bereft of any new ideas; there is only one way the 'R' party can surge, and if the American voter has fallen for the fear and smear again, that does not bode well for our future.

This might shock you, so perhaps you should sit down, if you aren't already. Here it comes: history didn't begin with George W. Bush's inauguration. The world, and the United States, existed before that. The deficit did not magically appear out of a previously-balanced budget, and the war with terrorists existed long before the Bush Administration (I have no idea what second war you're referring to).

George Bush inherited a $5 Trillion deficit and a budget surplus....he left with a $10 Trillion deficit
Yes 2 Wars...One in Iraq and one in Afghanistan

As for "blocked healthcare", bullshit. Insofar as they didn't give lazy, freeloading pieces of shit like you a free pass to rob the rest of us blind, good for them. As far as keeping you from actually getting healthcare, don't I wish, because then I might not be having to read your bilge.

The majority of people without healthcare are not freeloaders. They are working people who lost their jobs in the Bush recession, self employed, people with pre-existing conditions......The same people the Insurance Companies are pricing out of the market

Destroyed the US's reputation? Only numbnuts like you sit around thinking international diplomacy is some sort of "Miss Congeniality" contest where you're supposed to make slacker, marginalized dirtclods masquerading as nations "like" us. Adults know that any time other countries "like" us, it's because we're acting against our own best interests.

No, its not a popularity contest. But the US cannot go it alone in the world. We must forge alliances, treaties, and cooperation from our allies. Bush took the "Leader of the Free World" title literally. He dictated to and threatened other countries. His "Coalition of the willing" was the result of ignoring the advice of the rest of the world in how he should handle Iraq.

Republican party remains a party in exile...

They have no message
no candidates
no money

They will carry the "Stink of Bush" for a generation

And I'm sure it's devastating to them to realize that poseurs like you are never going to like them because they have the audacity not to agree with you. The horror!

They have no message
no candidates
no money

And I'm sure it's devastating to them to realize that poseurs like you are never going to like them because they have the audacity not to agree with you. The horror!
whats even funnier, if he really believes that, why does he keep on making stupid attacks
if they have no candidates, no ideas, and no money, they dont stand a chance, do they?

They have no message
no candidates
no money

Not quite....I am a registered republican
I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times

I did not leave the republican party....they left me
And until they align their platform with what is acceptable to the country, they will remain a party in exile

Forum List

Back