Republicans Stunned To Learn Voters Understand Exactly What Their Tax Cuts Did

I mean...it's not like people can't look at their pay stubs and SEE that the tax cuts did nothing for them

A survey commissioned by the Republican National Committee has led the party to a glum conclusion regarding President Donald Trump’s signature legislative achievement: Voters overwhelmingly believe his tax overhaul helps the wealthy instead of average Americans.

By a 2-to-1 margin — 61 percent to 30 percent — respondents said the law benefits “large corporations and rich Americans” over “middle class families,” according to the survey, which was completed on Sept. 2 by the GOP firm Public Opinion Strategies and obtained by Bloomberg News.

The result was fueled by self-identified independent voters who said by a 36-point margin that large corporations and rich Americans benefit more from the tax law — a result that was even more lopsided among Democrats. Republican voters said by a 38-point margin that the middle class benefits more.

Opinion | Republicans stunned to learn voters understand exactly what their tax cut did

Is that why the economy is doing so well?

The economy was doing well BEFORE the tax cuts.

LOL....try and tell me my bank stocks didnt go from six bucks a share to 23 to 24 a share.
https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/gnbc/interactive-chart

A survey commissioned by the Republican National Committee has led the party to a glum conclusion regarding President Donald Trump’s signature legislative achievement: Voters overwhelmingly believe his tax overhaul helps the wealthy instead of average Americans.

By a 2-to-1 margin — 61 percent to 30 percent — respondents said the law benefits “large corporations and rich Americans” over “middle class families,” according to the survey, which was completed on Sept. 2 by the GOP firm Public Opinion Strategies and obtained by Bloomberg News.

The result was fueled by self-identified independent voters who said by a 36-point margin that large corporations and rich Americans benefit more from the tax law — a result that was even more lopsided among Democrats. Republican voters said by a 38-point margin that the middle class benefits more.

Opinion | Republicans stunned to learn voters understand exactly what their tax cut did

In anticipation of new tax cuts. And now it’s doing even better!

Right, so, in 2009 when Obama got in, the people were anticipating Trump's tax cuts in 2017, so they started to work harder to improve the economy?

You know, lying doesn't help.
When the hell did anyone expect a tax cut during the obie years? Are you kidding me with this bullshit?

I mean...it's not like people can't look at their pay stubs and SEE that the tax cuts did nothing for them
Everyone looking and seeing more money should vote republican. Otherwise you're going to lose that money.

LOL....try and tell me my bank stocks didnt go from six bucks a share to 23 to 24 a share.
How many average workers have bank stocks?

Everyone looking and seeing more money should vote republican. Otherwise you're going to lose that money.

There's a problem there. The only people who got any meaningful "more money" are making serious change...and there's not nearly enough of them to help you out

oh? i dont know any conservative people who want to see the poor get poorer....they would like to see poverty eradicated....

Then what you probably know are Republicans, or possibly Moderates claiming to be Conservatives. Real Conservatives want to see the poor face the consequences of their poor life choices.

Poor life choices, like being born wrong.
Or choosing to be gay, transgender or any of that other nonsense

-Geaux

Yes, or choosing to be female. Or choosing to have a mental illness, or choosing to have a concentration problem.... we could go on all day about the choices people make like this.

I was an average worker.
I didnt go to college,in fact I dropped out in the tenth grade.
I then went to work in a machine shop sweeping up chips and shoveling out machines,cleaning the toilets,deburring parts and anything else they asked me to do.
When I retired at 46 I was making flight hardware for the shuttle program.
My wife doesnt have a college degree yet she's the head of accounting for a chain of banks and has worked for the same guy for longer than we've been married which is 28 years.

Dont tell me about the average worker.

Haha...oh the defeatist mind of a true LefTard....”I don’t have my shit together so nobody does/should.” Haha
You can’t make this shit up.

Last edited:

Haha...oh the defeatist mind of a true LefTard....”I don’t have my shirt together so nobody does/should.” Haha

Here's the problem.

The stock market is a gamble. Some people don't want to gamble their life savings away for the potential to earn loads of money, or lose loads of money.

This isn't about "I don't have it, so others shouldn't", it's about the reality that richer people with spare cash they can AFFORD TO LOSE are the ones who might make a killing while the poor stay poor.

What you have to realize is that most Conservatives don’t care that it benefitted the rich more than the middle class and actually damaged the lower class scum. That’s what we wanted it to do.

Tell the lower class if they want to make more money just sell more baby parts .

Haha...oh the defeatist mind of a true LefTard....”I don’t have my shirt together so nobody does/should.” Haha

Here's the problem.

The stock market is a gamble. Some people don't want to gamble their life savings away for the potential to earn loads of money, or lose loads of money.

This isn't about "I don't have it, so others shouldn't", it's about the reality that richer people with spare cash they can AFFORD TO LOSE are the ones who might make a killing while the poor stay poor.

That’s all very true and a very sad reality....BUT, life isn’t a contest...some will always do better than others and contrary to what Tards will say...DECISIONS ALWAYS LEAD TO A DESTINY. Some people just tend to be better decision makers than others. It really is that simple. THE END

Here's the problem.

So you saying Janet pumping in 85 billion a month into the economy under Obama was wrong .

Here's the problem.

That’s all very true and a very sad reality....BUT, life isn’t a contest...some will always do better than others and contrary to what Tards will say...DECISIONS ALWAYS LEAD TO A DESTINY. Some people just tend to be better decision makers than others. It really is that simple. THE END

No, it's not a contest.

The problem is that in this day and age you have to GAMBLE to make money.

The US bans gambling in many places, and yet they then encourage gambling on the stock market.

That's a long winded way of saying

"The tax cuts don't do shit for anyone not rich"

Forum List

Back